How gross !

Bart

Hall of Famer
Inhonor of Black History month, let us view a sampling of the-rich-cultural heritagedeveloped aftermany thousands of years in the cradle of civilization. We have so much to learn! Hidden Tribes is only ten minutes in length, but the footage is more educational thanall the tripe shown on television.

[url]http://www.netbroadcaster.com/movies/documentary/mondomagic. html[/url]

Freedom

Mentor
Hey, this is sad
smiley5.gif
. Its like Europe in the Dark Ages, maybe.
Zimbabwe has moved backwards. They built some big rock structure along time ago. Otherwise, how are they the cradle of civilization?
I know you're being sarcastic, but I've never heard Africa get called that.

I heard the Balkans and Southern Greece and Mesopotamia get called that. The first civilization was along the Danube, but we don't know anything about them so we consider civilization to start with mesopotamia. But Africa? The Cradle? No way. Edited by: Freedom

Freedom

Mentor
African inventions
-The spear
-The spear thrower
-Slavery(you definitely won't hear that on TV)
-starting fires?
-Hip Hop(go figure)
-Maybe alcoholic beverages(they were invented everywhere)

Bart

Hall of Famer
Freedom said:
Hey, this is sad
smiley5.gif
Otherwise, how are they the cradle of civilization?
I know you're being sarcastic, but I've never heard Africa get called that.

http://www.thinkquest.org/library/site.html?team_id=C002739

Africa: The Cradle of Civilization

Africa is a place that has been misunderstood, its history largely ignored and distorted. Africa has only just begun to be studied in all its splendour and richness. The stories, myths, and legends surrounding Ancient Africa have always fascinated mankind. A mysterious land where few ever ventured. Who were they? What were they like? How did they live? This is a site that not only answers all these questions but also takes a journey through time, examining the wonders of a myriad of ancient cultures. From the pharaohs of Ancient Egypt, to the grand emperors of Abyssinia and the legendary kings of Ghana, this site presents a picture of the ideas and the traditions of African civilizations

JoeV

Guru
I actually wouldn't mind visiting certain places in Africa. Maybe not Zimbabwe or Rwanda, but there are some pretty neat things to do and see over there.

White_Savage

Mentor
Freedom said:
African inventions
-The spear
-The spear thrower
-

The spear-launcher or atlatl was used in Africa? Funny, but just off the top of my head, I can't remember ever seeing a spear-launcher in use by an African tribesmen on T.V. or in magazines.

The spear launcher and similar hunting technologies were developed to their absolute heighth by the mammoth hunting cultures of the last ice age, in the central Eurasian plains-right where Caucasians originated.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
JoeV said:
I actually wouldn't mind visiting certain places in Africa. Maybe not Zimbabwe or Rwanda, but there are some pretty neat things to do and see over there.

Really? Where?

NOTE: a plane leaves every hour with connections to Africa, buy yourself a ticket.

Bear-Arms

Mentor
I heard many bad things about the people in Morocco.

Iron

Guru
Africa would'nt be a bad place to visit but only for its scenery.People dont visit Africa for their city's,nightlife,cuisine,culture,archetecture or to become immersed in its history like they would Asia for example.Everything great about Africa,its wilderness,wildlife,mountains is non man made.They have never created any sort of high culture that would make people around the world want to visit and experience.This makes Black history month a folly.This particular month though probably awakens more intelligent free thinking whites than anything else,especially when their daily encounters with eveyday Blacks conflict with the propaganda.So many whites talk desparigingly about enforced Black history for this very reason,so its probably not such a bad thing afterall.Edited by: Iron