Have they cancelled Black history month?

Last February came and went without the MSM mentioning that it was Black History Month. Has it been cancelled. I noticed that MLK day is less important than before. Black people are even coming to work on that day.
I am beginning to forget who invent the stop light or performed the first open heart surgery.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
SE, we should be so lucky!
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
if they haven't, they certainly should.

I spoke too soon. BHO talked about the march on Selma. He made it sound like it was bigger than D-Day. It is a minor and unimportant event in world history.

Paleocon

Guru
Perhaps it was more subdued this year because every year the "history" becomes more trivial and irrelevant that it was getting embarrassing (well humorous for me that a whole race of people can't fill a month with relevant history).

My own black history month contribution:

In 1924 Amos Potsenkettles became the first black mayor of Whitebegone, Mississippi. Since the great African-American pioneer paved the way Whitebegone has elected numerous black mayors. Today Whitebegone has about 5,000 inhabitants, 95% of which are African-American. The town's major industry is unemployment and dealing crack. Impoverished as the town is the residents are very proud of Potsenkettles achievement. When asked about the famous first black mayor, Whitebegone resident LaQuirass Rogers, an unemployed 37 year old, said "Who be Amos Potsenkettles?" Takeisha Frumbehint, age 19 and a dancer at a local club, remarked that she wasn't aware of the town's history, but it made her proud, however, she wanted people to know that "Dey town ain't wut it yusta be; we need betta schoos fo my five chirren."

Edited by: Paleocon