Green Bay Packers General Thread

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the Chargers were the only team without a general thread until one was recently started, but surprisingly the Packers are the last team without one, until now.

I had to smile to myself reading this Weenieworld blurb. Filled with praise for Josh Jacobs, and then read the last two sentences. Even the sloth-like A. J. Dillon was better last year in perhaps the most important RB stat. Dat eternal upside!

Packers head coach Matt LaFleur said the team would use him as a pass catcher out of the backfield.
“I think the first thing that jumps off to me is just his play style,” LaFleur told reporters on Tuesday, adding that he was not involved in signing the veteran after Green Bay parted ways with Aaron Jones. “Like he is tough, hard-nosed. He can be a high-volume guy. Just studying him, I think there’s more out there for him in regards to the passing game, using him out of the backfield. He’s put some really good choice routes on tape. That’s something we always try to get to. We’ve done it a little bit more down in the red area. But I love the person, just being around him in that brief time when he came into Green Bay.” With 37 receptions over 13 games last year in Vegas, Jacobs was 19th in yards per route run among running backs. Jacobs in 2022 caught 53 passes and ranked 20th in RB yards per route run. If he fills Jones’ role in Green Bay’s offense, Jacobs should be in the 50-reception range in 2024. Despite recent drop off in efficiency, Jacobs should be a top fantasy back as the Packers’ workhorse. The Athletic’s Matt Schneidman said there’s a chance AJ Dillon — who recently re-signed with the Packers on a one-year deal — might not make the team this summer. Only nine running backs in 2023 had a worse rush yards over expected than Dillon, per NextGen Stats. One of those backs was Jacobs.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
LOL only in this Clown League, that exists in this larger Clown World, can it be explained that Jacobs was some sort of highly sought after star RB. Sounds like you could plug and play any league average guy and get the same production minus the financial investment.