Great White NBA players

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I’ll try to limit this to highlight reel clips. I think the forum on forgotten white track stars was cool enough to try to duplicate for what I remember of watching in the NBA.

I’ll start with a guy I remember being impressed with in his time at NC state. Tom Gugliotta. The guy was a beast.

This fits also under forgotten white athletes. Ernie Digregorio is mostly forgotten, but he could handle a basketball every bit as good as Pete Maravich. Had he been on better teams during his prime, it would be a different story:

El Gringo

Mentor
This fits also under forgotten white athletes. Ernie Digregorio is mostly forgotten, but he could handle a basketball every bit as good as Pete Maravich. Had he been on better teams during his prime, it would be a different story:

That pass at about 1:20 was unreal!!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

I had forgotten about him. He was quite the wizard with the ball.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Like Larry Bird, John Havlicek was another Celtic legend with a great all-around game.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
George Mikan was the NBA's first dominant big man. He was a prolific scorer and tremendous rebounder. He later became commissioner of the ABA. You can tell from these grainy highlights how nimble and athletic he was even at 6'10" tall!

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Has there ever been a better scorer, passer and all-around offensive force than Rick Barry?

Barry is the only man to lead the NCAA, ABA and NBA in scoring. (Couldn't find much in the way of good highlights, this one is best watched with the sound off.)

white lightning

Hall of Famer
There early European Players from the 80's, 90's & 2000's paved the way forward for the current guys.
Here is one that some here may not know of. He could score at will. Sarunas Marciulionis!

mqdefault.jpg

Šarūnas Marčiulionis Career Highlights​

NBA

booth

Mentor
Swen Nater was the only player who led the ABA and the NBA in rebounding. I would not call him great but, he was good.

SneakyQuick

Mentor
I always felt Toni Kukoc was a better player than he got credit for being. Granted he was on some great teams but still.

Also I figured this would be more of like forgotten white athletes just the nba version. Don’t want to mix up with the track thread!

Quiet Speed

Mentor
Kevin McHale
Dave Cowens
Bob Newlin