Garcia moves to Oakland

hellhammer

Jamarcus Russell the young punk that he is, is apparently upset that his team.....ahem just signed, proven and veteran QB Jeffery Garcia. Hopefully for the sake of the Raiders as an organization they start Jeff. JR is horrific in his first two seasons.....go figure. According to the article i read Jamarcus Russel has all the potential in the world....I agree, all the potential to lead the Raiders to a improved 3 win season.

green fire317

Banned
is russell really that fat? because i keep on reading things like chubmarcus and that sort of thing.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
green fire317 said:
is russell really that fat? because i keep on reading things like chubmarcus and that sort of thing.

lots of reports had him ballooning up to around 300-pounds after the draft, and he looked like he hadn't lost any of it last year when he played.

i've never seen a quarterback fat enough to have stomach jiggle through his rib protector pads.
smiley36.gif
not even Jared Lorenzen, the 300-pound "Pillsbury Throwboy."

i've never seen a pic of Russel without him wearing long, baggy clothing. here's a pic of Tubby Jamarcus, but with his shirt on. he's obviously chubby...
2008022389.jpg

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

dwid

Hall of Famer
sacked 31 times fumbling 12 times losing 7 of those fumbles
6.6 yards per throw averaged
161 yards a game 53 percent completion rate, i havent really seen him play in the pros, but from i read and what it looks like on paper, hes probably dinks and dunks it, usually to Zach Miller. He is probably still throwing to the safety valve as soon as he thinks he is getting pressure. Kind of negates that negates that "rocket arm" of his.

but i remember people raving about his game against the horrendous broncos defense, completing 10 of 11 passes for 150 yards, 1 td, 0 interceptions. They talked about how he was so great.

Ive only seen him at LSU, he looked easier to bring down than Daunte Culpepper or Big Ben and was always throwing off one foot or on the run and rarely steps into his throws, maybe because he is afraid of getting hit.

From what ive read of this season theyd have 3rd down and hed scramble and be close to the first down marker, instead of taking on the smaller corners he usually chose to run out of bounds.

"On a third-and-3 in the first quarter, when Russell rifled a 22-yard pass to Lelie, I thought to myself, "There aren't five other quarterbacks in the league who can make that throw.""

really, he cant think of 5 quarterbacks that can make a 22 yard throw?

Edited by: dwid