Free Agent Frenzy .... I like it!

Realgeorge

Mentor
It's anti-traditional to not pine for the days of sport franchises where players were indentured to a team forever, unless traded, or they died or retired.

This week's exciting NHL Free Ageny Telethon was a hoot. Briere. Drury. Nylander. Kariya. Smith. Lupul. Bertuzzi. Lang. It's just great to see excellent White Men, hockey gladiators, able to prance about and spice up new teams.

Personally I can't wait for hockey to start up. Baseball has become the Barry-Bonds-is-OK league, the NFL is criminals on steriods, and someone told me that the USofA has a professional basketball community, but I'm unable to discern that.

Bring on training camp! Drop the Puck! Ducks No Repeat! Flyers worst to first! Hooray for the Hamilton Predators!Edited by: Realgeorge

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
It hasn't been good for the Red Wings yet. They lost Bertuzzi and Lang. But they did sign Brian Rafalski. Rafalski is a local kid, from Dearborn, tough defensemen and a great acquisition. Hopefully they get some help up front and I will share Realgeorges enthusiasm.
smiley2.gif

cslewis1

Guru
Looks like the rangers are making waves. Be interesting to see Drury and GOmez on the same team. I'm going for an all PA Eastern Conf. Finals this year. That'd be sweet. Feel bad for Buffalo though. THeir fans are first rate.