First weekend performances.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
So far it has been a good weekend for the stars even if some of the teams are losing.David Anderson had 12 catches for 119 yards and a touchdown in a close loss to Colorado.
Kyle Bell rushed for almost 70 yards on the ground on 14 touches.That game was a heart breaker for the 2nd year in a row with Col.St. leading almost the entire game.
Brian Leonard had a incredible game at running back for Rutgers today with 12 carries for 128 yards and around 70 yards receiving.He had an amazing run where he hurdled a guy and outran everyone.He is like Alstott but faster.It's too bad that just like Col.St,Rutgers blew a huge lead and lost in overtime.
Mike Haas has 94 yards receiving in the first half alone with Oreg.St. looking good.He is incredible.Peyton Hillis already has 5 carries for 46 yards in the first quarter alone.Iowa rolled with Hinkel,Brownlee and a few others playing big in a huge route.On a bad note,Boise State is getting shut out at half time.Auburn plays later against Georgia Tech with Tre Smith getting his first start at running back.Go Tigers.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Nathan Meikle had a great game for BYU today, and led in offensive production for us. This guy is 5-11, but has 7 feet of heart and determination. I can't wait to see how he improves over the rest of the year. Hopefully, we can do something inside the 30 from now on. It was a tough game to watch, but part of it was me having a bad seat. That will be different next week.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Boise State QB Jared Zabransky was simply awful -- 4 interceptions and 2 lost fumbles just in the first half! Boise State never had a chance to get in the game against Georgia. So much for the buildup for this one.
smiley5.gif

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Boise State has a freshman tailback named Ian Johnson who has been getting to run the ball a bit. He looks white though I haven't seen a closeup of his face. According to the announcers he's their running back of the future. If Jon Helmandollar comes back to the program they could have an excellent white one-two at RB next year. Jeff Carpenter is also getting some carries against Georgia.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ian Johnson looks white to me.He has soom good speed but should hit the weights a little more.He is only a freshman so he has several years to fill out his frame more.They would be great to see them both in the backfield.Boise State will bounce back,it was just one of those days where everything went wrong.Haas had 156 yards receiving today and Peyton has a chance at 150-200 yards rushing with the game in the 3rd quarter still.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Todd Blythe (5/53/1) and Austin Flynn (7/64) were the two leading WRs for Iowa State in their win.

The Auburn coach is an idiot....The running game moves the ball all the way down the field and then the QB turns it over....Like 4 times in a row this happened....If they would have kept the ball on the ground they would have won...

My first time ever watching Tre Smith....Thanks to this site I wouldn't have watched this game because I'd never heard of him before....This dude is a great running back who is misused.....First of all he doesn't get the ball enough...His stats won't look as good as he played....The QB fumbled the ball andTre picked it up which will show a loss of like 10yds for 1 carry....Every time he'd run for 10+ yds on a carry he would go straight to the bench and sit out the next 3-4 plays, he never got a chance to get into a rythym.....On passing plays he was used as a blocking FULLBACK which he is not, he should run side patterns in case the QB needs to dump the ball off....Had Tre Smith carried the ball 20-25 times today he would definitely have had 100yds and a TD and Auburn would have won this game....

OH yeah, Brian Leonard of Rutgers.....This dude had 128yds rushing on only 12 carries.....Had this dude been given 20-25 carries like most rb's get I believe Rutgers would have won too....

Kaptain

Master
I agree doc, not enough running from auburn and Tre Smith. CSU had a similar problem that also cost them the game.

I was actually pretty disappointed today - although not surprised. Anytime a white tailback is supposed to be the number one RB he has to constantly go in and out of the game to make sure blacky gets his carries too. Tre Smith and Kyle Bell are clearly the best running backs on their teams and should be used like they are the number one back. Its almost like these teams would rather risk losing a game than feature a white RB for entire game.

Boise State has been disappointing. Zabransky (never been all that accurate) was really terrible today. Watching Lee Marks be the main RB when others are better is also really painful. They also have some new black freshmen - the offensive Right tackle and a starting CB. Will they soon start getting darker too now that they have had years of success and gotten some attention?

Don, where is Helmandollar? I thought he was by far Boise's best RB last year even though he didn't get enough carries.

Kaptain Poop said:
I agree doc, not enough running from auburn and Tre Smith. CSU had a similar problem that also cost them the game. . . I was actually pretty disappointed today - although not surprised. Anytime a white tailback is supposed to be the number one RB he has to constantly go in and out of the game to make sure blacky gets his carries too. Tre Smith and Kyle Bell are clearly the best running backs on their teams and should be used like they are the number one back. Its almost like these teams would rather risk losing a game than feature a white RB for entire game.

I agree completely. Even after one game Tre Smith's position is probably in danger. The run blocking by the almost all black offensive line was terrible. Auburn started a completely black team except for Smith, the quarterback, the center, and a safety. Smith will most likely continue to share carries and then be replaced by a black running back. The excuse will be that he's not big enough to handle the load.Edited by: right winger

Trainer

Auburn vs. Georgia Tech

I was pleasently surprised to see Auburn with more than their usual
number of White players on the field. Tre Smith is a very shifty
runner, not the biggest guy in the world, but seems to have talent and
nice hands to catch out of the backfield. Tommerville's play calling
and the ineptitude of the Quaterback (who yes was a white guy) plain
and simple cost Auburn this game. 4 INTs' and basically abandoning the
running game....not the best play calling here. Auburn even at times
had 2-3 White guys on defense. This is almost unheard of for SEC teams,
especially black as coal Auburn.

Tech won with black QB Reggie Ball getting pretty much all the accolades.

Tech only had a white starting safety, a few white offensive linemen
and the requisite special teamers. Tech seemes to have gotten a bit
blacker recently.

Notre Dame vs Pitt

ND had a plethora of white players, almost as many as a Big 10 school.
There white WRs' and TE seemed to be catching passes all over the
place. Weis won in his coaching debut and seems to have instilled a
decent amount of discipline and belief in his ND team. I think they
will give mostly black Michigan a good game next week.

Wisconsin vs Bowling Green

BG's black QB was all the rage in the first half. His primary WR,
Partcher had a big day. I was not sure if he is white or
black....mulato? At times I could have sworn he was white. UW of course
had a large number of white players, maybe half their starters on
offense and 4 I think on defense. Plus, whites got in time as backups
here and there. It was an entertaining game for a bit...lots of points
all over the place. UW black RB Calhoun had the big day and will get
all the accolades. Not too much mention of the mostly white offensive
line.

Boston College vs BYU

I don't think I've seen that many white players playing a D-1 game in
awhile. BC easily handled BYU is a mostly bland game. I think BC will
compete for the ACC title this year.

Bronk

Mentor
Let me put in a plug for Texas TE David Thomas,who wears #16, one of the best TEs in the country. Thomas had three catches for 34 yards and two TDs against LA-Lafayette. Catch him next week against Ohio State.

After Saturday I am a BIG Brian Leonard (Rutgers) fan. I was liking him well before he made the long TD run with the great hurtle. Looking at him sitting on the bench, he reminded me of Ohio State/St. Louis Cards back Jim Otis.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I agree with you about Brian Leonard.Don't forget about Peyton Hillis.He had a huge game with 3 touchdowns and
almost 150 yards rushing.It was great to see alot of
receivers have huge games too like Anderson,Haas,etc.I just
wish more of our teams would have won.

tazz

the wr from bowling green is corey partridge i work with his father he is definitly white, 8-160 and 1 td, pretty good for a freshman.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
That should put him in the top 5 for receiving in the nation along with Mike Haas of Oregon State.I hope he can
keep up the good work.Keep us posted on him tazz.Thanks.