Ever seen this picture?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
This was in my college government class textbook, and I thought it told a thousand words. No, this isn't a Klansman in Atlanta. It's an anti-busing demonstrator in Boston in 1976. Notice the flag he is using. I have never seen a picture like this with a Confederate flag, despite the claims to the contrary by liberal media lunatics. Maybe this post isn't appropriate for this site, but I thought people should see the picture and maybe realize that violence against blacks has never been uniquely Southern.

landsmark_american_flag_attack.jpg

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
That's the most famous (or infamous, take your pick) image from the prolonged white resistance to forced busing in Boston. The mostly Irish, blue-collar whites of South Boston fought long and hard against busing from September of '74 untiljust afterthe time of that photograph in '76. The system loves to use images like that to demoralize whites, ala black demonstrators getting hosed down and attacked by dogs in Birmingham and other Southern cities, and that one was shown to Bostonians over and over and over and over again.

The resistance by Boston whites to forced busing was the last large-scale white resistance in America. Some observers, myself included, believe the fight against the late '60s counterculture and its overthrow of traditional white values and ways of life wasall but extinguishedfrom whites by the mid-'70s. From then on, other than occasional incidents and flare-ups which continue tothis day and still offer us at leastsomehope of eventual counter-revolution against this country's destroyers, whitescapitulated to the counterculture, then disco and the general hedonism and gross materialism (and feminism and the pseudo-worship of minorities) that keeps white Americans in their place.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It happened in front of city hall, whatever street that is on.

foreverfree

Mentor
I now have my downtown Boston street map in front of me. City hall is at Congress and North streets, just off the Freedom Trail and adjacent to Faneuil Hall and the Boston Massacre site.

John

foreverfree

Mentor
Don Wassall said:
That's the most famous (or infamous, take your pick) image from the prolonged white resistance to forced busing in Boston.  The mostly Irish, blue-collar whites of South Boston fought long and hard against busing from September of '74 until just after the time of that photograph in '76.  The system loves to use images like that to demoralize whites, ala black demonstrators getting hosed down and attacked by dogs in Birmingham and other Southern cities, and that one was shown to Bostonians over and over and over and over again.

The resistance by Boston whites to forced busing was the last large-scale white resistance in America.  Some observers, myself included, believe the fight against the late '60s counterculture and its overthrow of traditional white values and ways of life was all but extinguished from whites by the mid-'70s.  From then on, other than occasional incidents and flare-ups which continue to this day and still offer us at least some hope of eventual counter-revolution against this country's destroyers, whites capitulated to the counterculture, then disco and the general hedonism and gross materialism (and feminism and the pseudo-worship of minorities) that keeps white Americans in their place.  <!-- Message ''"" -->

I wonder how that fight went out of us.
smiley18.gif

John

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
It was taken out of the South by years of national pressure and the federal government forcing integration on the South. The formerly self-righteous North reacted the same way when they had to deal with it up close and personal. That is an interesting story Don. Foreverfree, what is the Hub? Just curious. Since you gave the address I realize I was right there by it this summer. I did some sight seeing not far from Faneuil Hall.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Colonel_Reb said:
It was taken out of the South by years of national pressure and the federal government

That's how it was done for the whole country -- media attacks, smears and ridicule over and over again, knowing that Americans have always been easy to herd politically when it comes towanting to be seen as"respectable" and "close to the center," even though the "center" is constantly changing.

By the mid-70s the Cultural Revolution was mostly complete, in that the revolutionaries had successfully infiltrated and taken over all the institutions of power, including the federal government. Media propaganda 24/7 and the full power of the federal government is going to cow all but a very few into submission.

It's intensified if anything since. The contrived "gender war" is the system's biggest weapon,methodically destroyingthe family and the traditional harmony between men and womenin order to keep whites divided and conquered andto adjust them to new economic realities, namely the decline and eventual fall of the middle class, which has become a liability to the madmen running the Imperial American Empire.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Another important tool has been infiltration, of both the "left" and the "right." People on the "right" are especially prone to fighting among themselves anyway, which makes the job that much easier for the government. Organizations that show promise, continually destructing from within over the years for various reasons, have demoralized many who might otherwise have done more.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
By the way, that pic was in the book back in 2001. I don't know if it still is.

I remember that picture. There were some articles about how the lawyers, judges, and the liberal press who favored busing didn't have their children anywhere near the Boston public schools. This didn't cause the "elites" any embarrasment. As always, they force integration on the white middle class as well as send them to wars thousands of miles away, while leaving the US borders wide open to third worlders. Our rulers enthuse over "diversity," and war to "bring democracy to Iraq," while keeping themselves insulated from these events.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I lived in Rhode Island for a couple of years while the South Boston resistance took place. It was usually the main story on the Boston and Providence local news stations, so I have strong memories of itfrom my teenage yearseven though Iwasn't racially aware at the time. The whites of South Boston put up a very, very strong fight for a long period of time, relentlessly and tenaciously, and were almost completely united. There were a few Boston politicians who were somewhat sympathetic, but otherwise they were fighting the entire power structure by themselves.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I saw much of Boston this past summer, and thought about all of that while I was there. I went through Jamaica Plains, and saw how much it was like where I am from. I also saw Auburndale, Weston, and Cambridge. I rode the not so subway around as well. It was night and day difference between the city and the suburbs. The North End was pretty cool though. They have a nice Italian restaurant there called Artu, on Prince Street, just up and around the corner from Paul Revere's old house. Try it if you go up there, foreverfree.Edited by: Colonel_Reb

foreverfree

Mentor
Colonel_Reb said:
Foreverfree, what is the Hub? Just curious. Since you gave the address I realize I was right there by it this summer. I did some sight seeing not far from Faneuil Hall.

As I've understood it, "the Hub" or "the Hub City" is, like "Beantown" as in Boston baked beans, a nickname bestowed on Boston, the "Hub" of New England. This is reflected in the logo of hockey's Boston Bruins (a bicycle wheel with a B at its "hub" - get it?). When and by whom this nickname was bestowed, I know not. Hope that answers your question, Reb.

I've never really visited Boston although I've lived in the Mid Atlantic all my life. Nor have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.
smiley4.gif
But I have had airline stopovers at Boston's airport (Logan International) a couple of times, and driven through downtown on I-93, back when it was an elevated rather than tunneled (is that a word?) highway (that happened on a trip to Nova Scotia).

John

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That answers it! I flew into Logan and drove through the city as well.

Bronk

Mentor
I remember that photo as well and I am old enough to remember the busing fight in South Boston also (it played on the evening news).

I served with several guys from Southie when I was in the Marines. That's sort of what guys from Southie do when they graduate high school, they join the USMC. They were great guys and though we never fired a shot in anger, I'd have gone to war with confidence knowing I had them on my side. These were hard scrabble cats and they H-A-T-E-D blacks. They weren't a bunch of Good Will Huntings, I'll tell you that.

My parents, among others, were sucked into a voluntary busing scheme in the Texas town where I grew up in the late 1960s. On the north side of our city, across Interstate 10, was a small black area with an elementary school that was 100 percent black and needed to be desegregated. The school district decided to close our neighborhood school and offered the parents of our neighborhood and two others that bordered it a chance to go to the black school. To sweeten the pot, they dangled all sorts of newfangled teaching concepts like "open classrooms" and "new math" instruction. My parents and a few more went for it and we were bussed to a shiney new school that sat in the middle of a tumbledown ghetto. For awhile there was a truce as the two tribes (about 90 percent black and 10 percent white) checked each other out, but then the dam broke and we had to fight black kids just about every day. Several of the black teachers were outright hostile to us, particularly the black P.E. teacher who was truly a bastard.

Although I used to think that I wasted my 3rd-5th grade years there, I'm sort of glad that I went through it. Not only did I learn about black culture but I learned how to fight pretty well, too (violence is an endemic part of black life) and I saw blacks from the inside. They are no mystery to me and I don't harbor illusions that we can learn anything of value from them either. I also very early on realized that we have nothing to fear from them because they don't have the mental capacity to build anything that rivals what we can build. I also am immune to all the white guilt crap that people throw at us because I know how a white minority will be treated by a non-white majority.

Gee, and my teachers wondered why I boosted South Africa and Rhodesia in class!