Espn-top 23% of NFL D players are White

ESPN ranked the 100 best defensive and offensive players in the NFL. Obviously the offensive category had its "fair" share of white superstars, however, to my surprise, almost 23% of the top-TOP tier defensive players in the NFL are white according to ESPN. There are 352 starting defensive players in the NFL to choose from. 9 of the top 40 defensive players are White (in order by rank, according to ESPN):

1) JJ Watt
6) Clay Matthews
11) Justin Smith
14) Jared Allen
22) Luke Kuechly
24) Eric Weddle
28) Brian Cushing
32) Sean Lee
40) Chris Long

There are other White athletes listed in the top 100, I just wanted to highlight the top tier--the best of the best. Since about a 1/4 of the NFL's defensive elite happen to be White, one would think there would be a draft or two where, say, 25-35% of the defensive players selected happened to be White, no? But for "some reason" that NEVER seems to happen. Another observation when looking at this list: every single one of these White defensive players were chosen by their respective teams in the first 2 rounds of the NFL Draft (sans Jared Allen, 4th rd). Yet when a white defensive player is drafted in the first two rounds, all I ever hear DWFs scream is BUST! Hopefully a smart GM who will notice what every member on this site knows--there's no safer pick in the Draft then a White defensive player who is projected to go in the first two rounds. If he's earned that many accolades in spite of the Caste System, chances are he's All-Pro caliber.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9492465

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
There's no way Chad Greenway and James Laurinaitis shouldn't be in the top 40. And by next season Harrison Smith, Derek Wolfe and possibly Margus Hunt should be worthy, so we're talking closer to a third White even though most teams start zero or one White player on defense and most of them are excellent players.

Doing a quick rundown of the current rosters on Our Lads, less than 11% of the defensive starters in the NFL are White -- just 38 out of 352. Only three teams have more than two White starters -- Houston and Minnesota have four and Jacksonville three.

Arizona, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Detroit, Miami, New Orleans, Oakland and Seattle have no White starters on defense. Atlanta, Carolina, Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Indy, KC, NYG, NYJ, Philly, Pitt, SF, Tampa, Tennessee and Washington have one. Buffalo, Dallas, Green Bay, New England, San Diego and St. Louis have two White defensive starters. (Just nine teams out of 32 start more than one White on defense.)

Last edited:

Tannehill17

Mentor
Miami, New Orleans, Oakland and Seattle have no White starters on defense.

As the resident Dolphins homer on this forum, I can attribute the lack of defensive white starters to none other than Jeff Ireland. I honestly believe that if Coach Philbin had his way, this team would be a lot whiter. The reason I believe this is because there seems to be a disconnect between the type of players Philbin likes and the ones Ireland is forcing on him. Case in point, Philbin lobbied to get rid of knucklehead Brandon Marshall. What does Ireland do? He trades him for less than what he got him for and brings in even bigger knucklehead Chad Ochocinco.

Now, just this week, Ireland brings in perpetual troublemaker Da'Rick Rogers for a tryout. Philbin has continually said that he does not want players like this on his roster, yet Ireland keeps bringing them in. I seriously can't wait until this caste clown is fired and this team can finally get themselves a REAL gm.

Last edited:

GiovaniMarcon

Mentor
I think that making it onto an NFL team up until the mid to late 70s was largely a merit-based thing, but after that affirmative action hiring began to take place and Blacks were foisted into positions where most of them didn't really deserve to be just because they happened to be Black, and better-qualified Whites were thrown to the wayside.

Ie, "don't give the equally-qualified [and probably better] White tailback the roster spot because it's trendy now to have only Black runningbacks," "Give the job to the stupid Black quarterback even though his White counterpart is absolutely superior in every conceivable way," etc.

Thus these exaggerated and inflated numbers of Blacks versus Whites in the NFL (also the NBA, and even baseball though replace "Blacks" here with Hispanics), and the "I'm dumber than Charlie Gordon" masses point to the NFL as evidence of Black athletic superiority as if roster spots in the NFL were STILL strictly merit-based.

Having tasted a certain percentage (say, 70%), any dip in this number is strictly verboten because any RISE of Whites in this or any sport would lead to handwringing by all the Blacks, d*kes, and f@ggots about the reemergence of Hitleristic fascism. Truth be told, these self-entitled roaches would love to see their portions closer to 100% (in sports, and everything else) and would gladly see the White race extinct, except then there would be no White girls to chase and no White men to do all the REAL work in keeping the world from falling apart.

So, 1/4 of the best defensive players on NFL teams are White according to a poll?

I happen to think that number should be higher. Both, the number of Whites ranked as "best," and the number of White defensive players, PERIOD.

That's kind of like saying "Whites represent 10% of this Alabama middle school and produce a third of the best grades."

Something is clearly wrong with this picture.

As our race and our species continues to be dumbed and watered down, the number of intelligent, reasonable people in the world will continue to decline.

I really think we're watching the fall of the Roman Empire here.

China is licking its chops, and at the rate we're going, the Ch*nks are going to eat us alive.