ESPN The Magazine

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
This vile, anti-white hate publication has been mentioned in other threads, but deserves one of its own.

This week's issue has Amare Stoudemire and the rapper Nelly on the front cover with the headline "How Hip-Hop Amped Up the NBA." The very first sentence of the article is racist: "The men -- hairy, fat, mostly white, knocking on the door of middle age -- dance without shame (or rhythm) to Snoop's 'Drop It Like It's Hot'." The white buffoons are among 18,000 Bulls fans, all supposedly reacting positively to rap music during a television timeout.

From that start we have seven pages praising the glories of rap and the NBA players who live the rap lifestyle. Various players' comments are featured, most but not all black. We learn from Kirk Hinrich: "I grew up in Sioux City, Iowa, and me and all my friends listened to hip-hop. We used to play DMX, Mase, Tupac and, obviously, Biggie, before games. Almost the whole population of basketball listens to hip-hop, regardless of where they're from or if they're black or white or whatever. If you play basketball, you're exposed to it."

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban spews forth this menagerie of lies: "The NBA hasn't made a conscious effort to align with hip-hop; it's made a conscious effort to build a fan base. Kids drive merchandise sales. Kids are our future customers. If classical music were hot with 12- to 24-year-olds, you'd be asking why the NBA is tied to Brahams. I don't even agree with those who say hip-hop offends our older, mostly white ticketholders. Today's 45-year-olds listened to it in college. . . " blah, blah, blah

If there is as much as a single drawback to the "hip hop culture" it isn't identified in this crude propaganda piece. It's just another example of the ideology that is pounded into whites, particularly the young MTV generation, non-stop from every direction. Edited by: Don Wassall

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
I can't stand that magazine. Every week another huge goony looking black athlete on the cover. I swear I couldn't stand to look at the thing. I had to cancel the subscription. No big deal, as Don points put they are the "company newsletter" for the caste system.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No doubt about it guys, one of my friends takes, or did take that rag. I never understood it, but I guess he's been sucked into buying the Caste System hype like so many others. They don't mind heaping all their praise on blacks, while showing little or none for whites, no matter what they accomplish on the athletic fields.

okra63

Guru
ESPN the magazine has some cool articles in it, but it does allow the gangbangers of sports on their cover way too much. If someone is black and deserve praise for their accomplishments, I don't mind. Hating people is not the answer for the world today, hating their actions, well, that is another story.