ESPN GameDay Ad

Slick51

Suggestion: New ad for ESPN basketball gameday: Whimpy black, hispanic, asian athletes knock each other down to get the gameday plaque/logo, the last one is clotheslined by a 7 foot, 250 poundwhite center and he picks up the plaque and walks off with black cheerleader. Is it just me or is ESPN's current ad just a tiny bit offensive?

That product is consumed almost entirely by whites (and a smattering of Asians and others). It's rubbing it in their faces and they don't mind at all. The creators of video games probably enjoy making such commercials for their deracinated customers, so many of whom waste their lives playing video fantasy games. Come to think of it, it's no different than the way pro sports are marketed and consumed!

bjan

Right Winger,"Deracinated",was certainly the right choice of a word to use in your above post!I have also seen our citizens referred to as "Deracinated consumer units",but I don't think that there are many of those who post at this site!

When I first saw this commercial it made me sick to my stomache and when I saw it the second time it made me even sicker.I am sick of this garbage and i usually boycott all of the programs byESPN .It's obvious its a pro black anti white sports channel

JD074

Master
There was a follow up promo that had a small white athlete
(maybe wrestler) who was hiding in the laundry machine. He
reaches out to get the plaque or trophy or whatever, and then
the black guy stuffs him back in the machine and puts some
weight on the door to trap him in there. Typical.

JD074

Master
You're right. I was working on the computer and wasn't giving
it my full attention. Oops.
smiley36.gif

Well, at least he wasn't making out with her.