Eric Decker, WR Minnesota

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Decker is being compared to Kevin Walter by some scouting sites. While that's not a bad comparison I think Decker will be even better than Walter in the pros.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Decker won't run at the Combine but will participate in other activities. The first two paragraphs are about Joe Mauer before getting to Decker: http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_14414825[/QUOTE]

I also heard UNLV's Ryan Wolfe wont be able to run either because of a problem with his foot. He will be ready for his pro day in mid March though. Decker still could go in the draft fairly high 2nd round or so. But I have a feeling he will probably be picked up in the third round or later. It really is unfortunate because I think Decker could havesnuck into the first round like Anthony Gonzalez did a couple of years ago, if he could haveavoided getting injured.Whatever team gets him will be getting a major steal, people will start to noticeand the media will make up excuses for why he fell so far in the draft.Edited by: celticdb15

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Decker is basically a guy with similar size to Keyshawn Johnson but is faster. Notice he doesn't get any of the hype the racist Johnson did coming out of college.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Here's a good article on Decker that even acknowledges his athleticism. The writer speculates on whether the Dolphins might get him as a steal, ala Hartline last year, because of his foot injury making teams hesitant to draft him. A couple of DWFs in the comments section plead for Miami not to take any more White receivers.
<div></div>
<div>Dolphins could find WR Eric Decker under the radar</font></div>
<div></div>
<div>http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/03/01/dolphins-could-find-wr-eric-decker-under-the-radar/</div>

The DWF's never cease to amaze me. With loser Ted Ginn Jr. on the team you would think the DWF's could see that at least half of black receivers turn out to be busts or at least under perform their entire careers.

JReb1

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Don Wassall said:
Here's a good article on Decker that even acknowledges his athleticism. The writer speculates on whether the Dolphins might get him as a steal, ala Hartline last year, because of his foot injury making teams hesitant to draft him. A couple of DWFs in the comments section plead for Miami not to take any more White receivers.
<div></div>
<div>Dolphins could find WR Eric Decker under the radar</font></div>
<div></div>
<div>http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2010/03/01/dolphins-could-find-wr-eric-decker-under-the-radar/</div>

The DWF's never cease to amaze me. With loser Ted Ginn Jr. on the team you would think the DWF's could see that at least half of black receivers turn out to be busts or at least under perform their entire careers.

Especially since they (the Dolphins) GAVE away the best WR in the NFL to a team in the same division recently and he just so happens to be White. Maybe they do not remember Wes Welker.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
"Have to agree with ‘the man'. I'm white as well so I am not racist but how many number 1's in the NFL are white? None. We need a number one and Decker is not that one." -Drunk white fan named Sean

I guess now you can judge a player's ability solely on skin color by this guy's logic. Of course you can only do this if the athlete is white. Also, this "white man" thinks it's not racist to discriminate against your own kind. I'd consider people like him the worst types of racists.

backrow

Hall of Famer
Minnesota WR Eric Decker reportedly had the best Wonderlic score of any player at February's Combine, getting 43-of-50 questions correct.

Decker couldn't run coming off Lisfranc surgery, so he tore up the written test instead. While intelligence won't suddenly make him healthy or a better prospect, he at least managed to capitalize on what he was able to do.
Source: Wes Bunting on Twitter

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
Minnesota WR Eric Decker reportedly had the best Wonderlic score of any player at February's Combine, getting 43-of-50 questions correct.

Decker couldn't run coming off Lisfranc surgery, so he tore up the written test instead. While intelligence won't suddenly make him healthy or a better prospect, he at least managed to capitalize on what he was able to do.
Source: Wes Bunting on Twitter

And then there's this: Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com writes that he "wouldn't be surprised if (Dez) Bryant slips out of the first round entirely." Marvez cites a recent ESPN The Magazine report that claimed Bryant was "notoriously unreliable" in college, and that "Getting him to focus on even simple tasks like attending class was a daily struggle." In addition to FOX and ESPN The Mag, the National Football Post, Cleveland Plain Dealer, and Yahoo have published negative reports about Bryant in the last month.

It's safe to assume there's a huge difference in brainpower, work ethic, and motivationbetween Decker and Bryant, but guess which one will be the more highly regarded commodity in the NFL? Well then it must be college productivity, right? Hmmm. . . Bryant had 130 receptions for 2,102 yards and 25 TDs; Decker had 227 receptions for 3,119 yards and 24 TDs. Decker was injured for part of his senior season, but Bryant missed all of 2009. What could it be then? What could it be?

TwentyTwo

Master
Who ever gets Decker will be getting a steal....easily could be a Top 40 pick...Hope he heals up 100% and ready for Summer camp!

The Panthers seem to be a good fit for his talents...he could easily step in and start for them with Steve Smith...Edited by: TwentyTwo