Dumbest Comparison Ever

Black Guy

I found this on a Bill Romanowski thread:

Here's a case of a black spitting on a white. There was not a whole lot of outrage over the incident. A google search of "bill romanowski spit j.j. stokes" (without the quotes) has 803 results. A search of "dexter manley spit jim dombrowski" has a total of 18. The Dexter Manley incident happen before the advent of the internet, so it does figure that the results would naturally be lower, but you still get theimpression that it will not be part of his bio.

http://redskins.scout.com/2/311883.html

- 11/6/88â€â€￾Politicians are infamous for using dirty tricks to win elections and Dexter Manley pulled one off to help his Redskins win. The Saints were in position to kick a game-clinching field goal, but their tackle Jim Dombrowski took a swing at Manley and the ensuing 15-yard penalty put the kick out of Morten Anderson's range. It turns out that Manley had spit (he says he "sneezed", but we know better) in Dombrowski's face to provoke the punch and the Skins won 27-24...

This is the DUMBEST COMPARISON I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY LIFE.

The Manley incident happenned before the internet age so quite naturally it wouldnt have the same exposure. Not to mention the fact the it was so long ago nobody would even remember that it occurred at all. What amazes me is that you mention that and you still post it anyways. Make no sense to me.

Not only that the stokes incident took place on Monday night footballSO WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OF COURSE PEOPLE NOTICED IT.It was on Monday Night Football then thats explains why everyone knew about it. RACE has nothing to do with this incident being publicized and the Manley one being unpublicized.

As for Manley everyone already knows he is a very troubled individual that has been WELL reported by the national media. Romanowski also has a history of being a ******* but if that gets publicized you say its just because hes white. Thats ridiculous. Not only that it is reported that Romanowski told his whiteteamates to take steriods so they could "keep up with the ******s". I dont know if that is 100% true so dont quote meon that I could be wrong. Im sure you have all heard about all the supplements Romo takes and all the weird things he did to his body to keep playing in the NFL.

A post like this exposes the real purpose of a lot of people on this site. This post has no logic whatso ever. If any thought had been put into it the individual would never have made it at all. People that rationalize things dont make posts like this. This shows that so much of what is on this site is not motivated by whites wanting seek equality on the playing field but by deeply seated dislikes of ANYTHING having to do with black people. I personally think the sports thing is just a excuse to vent your real feelings about black people in general.

This post is microcosm of what is wrong with SO much on this site.

You are right that the Manley-Romanowski comparison is not valid. However -- what is the best known spitting incident in NFL history? There have been many, but why is it that Romo's is the best known and most-cited?

And race did play a major part in it and still does, because Romo had to tearfully apologize, not to Stokes -- but to his own teammates! Why? Because he had spit on a black man. It didn't matter that the black man was on another team.

Black players have spit on white players, but the race angle is ignored, and they certainly don't have to apologize to their own (white) teammates.

The Romanowski incident happened when, back in 1997 I believe, yet it is still very well remembered eight years later, while I bet hardly anyone can name any other spitting incidents in the NFL.

Gary

Mentor
Romanowski got into a fight on the practice field and beat up a black .It was a fair fight.Bill won.So the black just had to sue.
smiley19.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Black Guy,

are you aware of the bigoty and racism displayed in your posts? You
have consistently cited racial superiority as the primary factor behind
the number of black athletes in football and other pro sports. As a
race, your claim is that black people are faster, stronger, and more
athletic than white people based on race. Without citing examples
and using comparisons to couch your sentiments, are you willing
to state unequivocally that this is what you believe to be true?

If you do believe this to be true, what is your opinion of other racial
stereotypes, e.g. lesser intelligence and higher propensity
towards crime of blacks?

I appreciate the fact that, having espoused such beliefs, you aren't
screaming racism insults at white posters here on caste football who
may have likewise made similar comments.

Black Guy

right winger said:
You are right that the Manley-Romanowski comparison is not valid. However -- what is the best known spitting incident in NFL history? There have been many, but why is it that Romo's is the best known and most-cited?

And race did play a major part in it and still does, because Romo had to tearfully apologize, not to Stokes -- but to his own teammates! Why? Because he had spit on a black man. It didn't matter that the black man was on another team.

Black players have spit on white players, but the race angle is ignored, and they certainly don't have to apologize to their own (white) teammates.

The Romanowski incident happened when, back in 1997 I believe, yet it is still very well remembered eight years later, while I bet hardly anyone can name any other spitting incidents in the NFL.

Good points but most spitting incidents dont happen on Monday Night Football.

Black Guy

Gary said:
Romanowski got into a fight on the practice field and beat up a black .It was a fair fight.Bill won.So the black just had to sue.
smiley19.gif

From all accounts I have heard he ripped his helmet off from behind and punched him in the eye. That isnt a fair fight at all.

Black Guy

White Shogun said:
Black Guy,
are you aware of the bigoty and racism displayed in your posts? You have consistently cited racial superiority as the primary factor behind the number of black athletes in football and other pro sports. As a race, your claim is that black people are faster, stronger, and more athletic than white people based on race. Without citing examples and using comparisons to couch your sentiments, are you willing to state unequivocally that this is what you believe to be true?

If you do believe this to be true, what is your opinion of other racial stereotypes, e.g. lesser intelligence and higher propensity towards crime of blacks?

I appreciate the fact that, having espoused such beliefs, you aren't screaming racism insults at white posters here on caste football who may have likewise made similar comments.

I do believe that their are sports that black people do excel inand white people probaly never will. I also believe their are sports that white people will always dominate even ifblack people did learn how to do them. Those are just facts. Everyone has things they can do that no one else can do.

I have not said anything bigoted. To be bigoted is to make statements and not want to listen to what others say. I have listened to everything people have told me. I will also sayI have learned A LOT of things I didnt know before I came to this site.

Edited by: Black Guy

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Black Guy wrote: "I have not said anything bigoted. To be bigoted is to make statements and not want to listen to what others say. I have listened to everything people have told me. I will also I have learned A LOT of things I didnt know before I came to this site."

I agree that you have not been bigoted. You have a different perspective than the people here and it's pretty obvious you aren't going to make any converts, but you have represented your views well and do so without getting personal about it, which isn't easy to do considering you're up against a number of people simultaneously.

Black Guy

Don-

Thanks.

I am mature enough to be able tohandle the different things that people will say to me. I know I am in the hornets nest when I come to this site so I dont complain when I get stung.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Well let's see, forty-five posts in two days and counting. The way you're going you'll be Caste Football'snumber one poster in no time!
smiley1.gif

Black Guy

So many people keep responding to me so Im almost forced to answer back to them. I will be gone this weekend though so I will have to resume this on Monday.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
If memory serves me correctly, the Manley incident occurred on the second half of a doubleheader broadcast, these usually have nearly national coverage - millions and millions of viewers.

I have not gone back to the thread in question, but it seems the racial component was brought up. I think I read Shannon Sharpe delved into the racial aspects. As Right Winger has stated Romanowski was held to a pretty tough standard.

I certainly have no misgivings about informing anyone who may not have known about the Manley incident. There's nothing wrong with white folk having it in there database of knowledge just in case someone brings out the race card in the Romo incident. With it being open season on white people in this country, you never can tell when a counterpoint here or there will come in handy.
smiley1.gif

In regards to posting the Manley search results: I got the impression that Manley will not be stigmatized as will Romanowski for an equally despicable act. He seemed to get a pass on the matter even when an article detailed his other misdeeds.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Black Guy said:
White Shogun said:
Black Guy,
are you aware
of the bigoty and racism displayed in your posts? You have consistently
cited racial superiority as the primary factor behind the number of
black athletes in football and other pro sports. As a race, your claim
is that black people are faster, stronger, and more athletic than white
people based on race. Without citing examples and using
comparisons to couch your sentiments, are you willing to state
unequivocally that this is what you believe to be true?

If you
do believe this to be true, what is your opinion of other racial
stereotypes, e.g. lesser intelligence and higher propensity
towards crime of blacks?

I appreciate the fact that,
having espoused such beliefs, you aren't screaming racism insults at
white posters here on caste football who may have likewise made similar
comments.

I do believe that their are sports that black people do excel
inand white people probaly never will. I also believe their are
sports that white people will always dominate even ifblack people
did learn how to do them. Those are just facts. Everyone has things
they can do that no one else can do.

I have not said anything bigoted. To be bigoted is to make
statements and not want to listen to what others say. I have listened
to everything people have told me. I will also sayI have learned
A LOT of things I didnt know before I came to this site.

I'll give you credit for your statement regarding bigotry.

Obviously you don't have to respond to my posts, but I appreciate the
fact that you take the time do do so. You aren't required to answer my
questions either, although I did want to ask you once more what you
think of the stereotypes I wrote about in my previous posts, e.g blacks
lack of intelligence, etc.

What sports do you think white people would excel at regardless of
black interest and competition? I thought from some of your previous
posts that you felt blacks were better athletes at everything,
regardless. It seemed that only black disinterest is what kept them
from dominating all sports on a global scale.

Including dance.
smiley17.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
White Shogun, I got the same impression because that's exactly what Black Guy said.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
White Shogun, I got the same impression because that's exactly what Black Guy said.

You made me laugh out loud, Reb.
smiley36.gif

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't the only one who got that impression.
smiley5.gif

Black Guy

White Shogun said:
Black Guy said:
White Shogun said:
Black Guy,
are you aware of the bigoty and racism displayed in your posts? You have consistently cited racial superiority as the primary factor behind the number of black athletes in football and other pro sports. As a race, your claim is that black people are faster, stronger, and more athletic than white people based on race. Without citing examples and using comparisons to couch your sentiments, are you willing to state unequivocally that this is what you believe to be true?

If you do believe this to be true, what is your opinion of other racial stereotypes, e.g. lesser intelligence and higher propensity towards crime of blacks?

I appreciate the fact that, having espoused such beliefs, you aren't screaming racism insults at white posters here on caste football who may have likewise made similar comments.

I do believe that their are sports that black people do excel inand white people probaly never will. I also believe their are sports that white people will always dominate even ifblack people did learn how to do them. Those are just facts. Everyone has things they can do that no one else can do.

I have not said anything bigoted. To be bigoted is to make statements and not want to listen to what others say. I have listened to everything people have told me. I will also sayI have learned A LOT of things I didnt know before I came to this site.

I'll give you credit for your statement regarding bigotry.

Obviously you don't have to respond to my posts, but I appreciate the fact that you take the time do do so. You aren't required to answer my questions either, although I did want to ask you once more what you think of the stereotypes I wrote about in my previous posts, e.g blacks lack of intelligence, etc.

What sports do you think white people would excel at regardless of black interest and competition? I thought from some of your previous posts that you felt blacks were better athletes at everything, regardless. It seemed that only black disinterest is what kept them from dominating all sports on a global scale.

Including dance.
smiley17.gif

Well for one thing white people would always excel at cold weather sports. Black people just dont have the history for living in cold environments like people of European descent do. Black people would never go to something like the winter olympics and dominate because that is just not the climate black people are used to. Thats not a stereotype its a fact. Just like how white people can have trouble sometimes dealing with extremely hot areas(sunburns,skin cancer, etc etc)

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
So you're saying white men make great lumberjacks, eh?

Bring on those Scottish Highland Games, I tellya, thats where the real men are to be found!
smiley2.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Americans have heard the phrase 'all men are created equal' which is a concept used in law, politics andsome religious circles. But in truth all men are not created equal, at least not in the true sense of the word. In every group, race, species or sub speciesthere are measurable variables. We are all classified in descriptive terms such as tall, short, weak, strong, ugly, beautiful, smart, stupid, blue eyed, brown eyed, male, female, athletic, clumsy, musically inclined, tone deaf, and we could go on and on and on.

I believe racial groups also exhibit traits, features, tendencies, characteristics and qualities which are largely due to genetics and to some extent environmental, cultural conditioning. White, fair skinnedpeople are more susceptible to sunburn and skin damage because of a lack of pigmentation. Many darker skinned peoples have a greater tolerance for sun and heat exposure than do whites. Don't blame me, I didn't create this world, am only an observer.

Black Guy

Bart I agree with you on this one. We all have differences and we should learn to embrace those differences and not put anyone down for that.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Yes, we all have differences of opinion, some major and some minor. I certainly respect the rights of folks to believe or reject what they choose.But having said that, I will also say that I will not and do not embrace opinions or activities I find to be repugnant, stupid or destructive for the sake of harmony.