Divisional playoffs

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Colonel_Reb said:
  I turn 30 today and as a present, I look forward to the Pats, Giants, Packers, and Colts all winning this weekend!

Happy Birthday, Col. Reb!  The big 3-0.  How's it feel old man?
smiley36.gif

It is somewhat depressing, although I don't feel any older. I've got to find a new place to stay within the next 3 weeks, so I'm kind of anxious about that. The semester is getting busy too, but things are going well. I've also been on CF for over 3 years now, and that is pretty cool!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
<center>
smiley34.gif
BLOWOUT ALERT
smiley34.gif
</center>

The Packers have scored five touchdowns, versus one field goal for the Seahawks, since the two Grant fumbles that put the 'Hawks up by 14.

I know it's a what if scenario, but if the Seahawks hadn't recovered and scored off of those fumbles, this game would be completely out of hand (more so than it already is.)

Bart

Hall of Famer
Nice catch Pollard!Sure TD flubbed.Couldn't be happier for Holmgren, he might want to get some sure handed white guys one of these years.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Happy Birthday, Col. Reb! The big 3-0. How's it feel old man?

Old man? He's still a kid. I've gotsuits older than him.
smiley36.gif

I'm almost predicting NE will run a 46-type defense against the Jags with Harrison in the box on most plays, or even pull him on some downs for 4 down linemen and 4 LBs. The NE DBs can cover man to man well enough against good wideouts; they should be able to shut down the Jags passing attack.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
The Packers looked really good.

Ryan Grant is running the ball extremely well. Hits the hole fast, runs all out, fights for extra yards.. The Colts-Chargers have the big name backs in the playoffs but Grant is no slouch.

The winner of tomorrow's NFC game is gonna have their hands full.

Meanwhile, the love affair with David Garrard continues. Another piece about him and his replacement of Leftwich during the season, his background, and of course his white blond-haired wife and baby pictured prominently alongside.
smiley11.gif

I wonder if the NFL is trying to revamp the image of the black quarterback. Garrard is articulate, seems decent enough, and doesn't act like a thug - maybe they've had it with the Vick types.

If the Jags win this game we will be cursed with weeks of non-stop hype about how good Garrard is, how much better he is than Brady.

Please.

I hope New England steamrolls the well-spoken black quarterback and the rest of his coal-black teammates.

Edited by: White Shogun

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
smiley36.gif

Boomer Esiason says the Patriots went out and got Brady the best receiving corps in the league, and Brady took advantage of it, throwing 50 TD's this season.

I wonder where all this praise for the Patriots receivers was at the beginning of the season? Hindsight certainly is 20/20, isn't it Boomer?

smiley36.gif

Maple Leaf

Mentor
I don't know much about the Jags or the Pats but I know something about sport physchology: the Jags will likely be intimidated and unsettled (what black people call hyped-up). The Jags will likely find themselves over-trying in their nervousness and desperation to defeat what they think is a "white team". Their running around and unprofessionalism will result in being down early in the game they will likely not recover. The Pats will be nervous too but they have a white magician -Brady- who will be relaxed and cool under pressure and will make good choices early.

One thing I do know about football: the quarterback is the game. The best quarterback usually wins. And even those tar babies know who the best quarterback is.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jags looked pretty good on their opening drive. Interesting that Jones is IA half the season but they activate him for the playoffs? Maybe Jack Del Rio isn't as big a tard as he appears.

Garrard fumbles! NE recovers!

backrow

Hall of Famer
i am happy for Matt, good for him to do the things he did this season in such a limited PT.

also, gotta give credit to Garrard, that was a nice throw with Vrabel almost getting to him.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
backrow said:
...gotta give credit to Garrard, that was a nice throw with Vrabel almost getting to him.

Nice throw, but he was down.

bigunreal, where are you? No personal foul call on the Jags for taking Welker down by the helmet cost them a shot at a TD, then Gostkowski misses wide (although it was close.)

14-14 half time.

Oh yeah, there you go Esaison: "Garrard going toe to toe with Brady. If I'm New England, I'm worried!"

Same crew who said they'd rather have Young than Rivers last week in the San Diego - Tennessee game.

This stinks.

Bart

Hall of Famer
The Pats don't want to give up the big play, so they are giving Garrard everything underneath. It's like they are playing a prevent defense. I don't like it. The Jags keep eating up the field in small chunks. New England has been hurt by flags. How did he missthat chip shot ? Brother!

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Relax gentlemen, I still haven't seen any part of this game -permanent boycott- but Brady comes through in the end.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Great TD to Welker! Brady faked me out, and I was watching on a big screen tV.

lumsdenpower

Mentor
Matt Jones with a big catch of 29 yards...

He is now with 3 for 48 and one TD..
He is making a case for him for other team to look at him!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Jags receivers aren't dropping a lot of balls tonight, either.

Think Bart was spot on, the Pats defensive backs seem to be playing off tonight. But it's giving the Jags too many scoring opportunities.

Good game to watch though, not very many errors, not a lot of dropped balls, few penalties, guys are hitting, running hard and not going out of bounds.

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Seriously, was there ever any doubt? That outfit that plays for the Jags that calls himself a quarterback should junked.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
smiley32.gif
Haha, looks like Blacksonville knows what they need to improve upon for next season...their team's racial makeup!

In all fairness, the Jags didnt play too poorly, but in reality they were never really close and this should have been a blowout. The David Gerrard love-fest should continue for the next decade due to his relatively good game against the eventual undefeated champs. At least it was nice to see Welker come up big again with 9 catches and a nice TD.
smiley17.gif

Next season, after Matt Jones is purged (and tears up the league starting somewhere else), there will only be D-lineman Rod Mier, Derek Landri, and TE Angelo to cheer for. I hate this team more than any in recent memory.

GWTJ

Mentor
A typical Patriots game. A good team stays close for a while but the Pats D figures out the opponents offense and that's all she wrote. Jags with no TD's in the 2nd half after looking very good in the 1st half.

Poacher

Mentor
Nice job Pats!

Brady 26 of 28! I know a lot of it was underneath but man.

Nice of them to show the Welker drop in super slow-mo...twice.

When blacksonville scored on their opening drive I got a little worried but then I remembered the Giants game.

The interception by Garrard was awful. The announcers gave Harrison all of the credit but Garrard threw it right to him. But Garrard did play a good game overall, I was surprised. He was down on the one TD.

Officiating was alright. One or two calls seemed bad to me, the chop block being one of them.

Jags are an arrogant bunch. Very glad they are gone.

Can't see anyone coming to Foxboro and beating the Patriots.

If Welker catches that third and one pass the final score is likely 38-20 or at least 34-20. Edited by: Poacher

Bart

Hall of Famer
The Jags didn't exactly run through the Patriots,less than80 yards on the ground. I thought they had more. I guess I was fooled by seeing Bruschi and Seau run over a couple of times. Garrard is a capable short yardage game manager,doesn't fill the air with deep balls. He had turned the ball over twice, on a fumble and Int.Brady on the other hand was superhuman, setting a playoff record with a completion percentage in the 90's. He threw 3 TD's, and most importantly had no picksor fumbles. He is Robo QB. What happened to Moss? Once again no postgame talk from theGarrardfan clubafter the game. You realize of course, if the Jags won, he would have been proclaimed as one of the top3 or 4 QB's in the league. Rodney Harrison is just exhibiting too much TNB lately. They don't need that BS, in a tight playoff game.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing a New England vs. Dallas Super Bowl.

Bring it on!

smiley32.gif