Dirk & Yao

G

jcolec02 said:
Explain to me then, how the mavericks have the best record in the NBA with only 1 all-star...and we ALL know who that is
smiley2.gif

The depth of the Mavs is the reason they are the best team, not one player.
 <!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
There's been a lot of trolls signing up lately. I've banned three today alone, with a few more close to being banned. &lt;!-- Message ''"" --&gt;
Is St. Patricks day coming up? Or is it Ground Hog day....
smiley36.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Sandwhich said:
The depth of the Mavs is the reason they are the best team, not one player.
<!--
var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymReal;

Sym()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymReal != null)
SymReal();
}

SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymReal = window.;
window. = Sym;
}

SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;

//-->

Dirk is nothing more than a role player. His black teammates carry the load.
smiley2.gif

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
compare Kobe's 81-point performance to what Dirk does on an almost nightly basis...

while Kobe jacked up over 50 shots in his big day, Dirk quietly goes about scoring in the upper 20s/lower 30s with a mere fraction of the shot attempts.

just take his last game, against the Magic on Tuesday (January 22nd). he scored 33 points on just 17 field goal attempts. additionally, he's almost always going to pull down double-digit rebounds.

i'm no mathematician, but at that rate Dirk would have hit 81 points with a LOT fewer attempts. on top of that, Kobe went to the free throw line at a rate FAR surpassing Dirk until recently, because of the referee's tendency to call bogus fouls for the Black Jesus-type players like Kobe and Dwyane Wade. only this season has Dirk gotten a decent amount of free throws, but he STILL shoots far less than any other of the league's high scorers... both from the charity stripe and the floor.

that's what a big-time talent is supposed to do; score without shooting your team out of the game. can anyone say Iverson?

G

Dirk is nothing more than a role player. His black teammates carry the load.
[/QUOTE]

I never said anything like that. Don't put words into my...posts...

while Kobe jacked up over 50 shots in his big day, Dirk quietly goes about scoring in the upper 20s/lower 30s with a mere fraction of the shot attempts.

Kobe took 46 shots from the field and 20 from the line. He made 28 of his field goal attempts and 18 of his free throws. That is 61% from the field and 90% from the line. That is a good shooting night. It isn't like he was 28/62 or anything. He was shooting VERY well and was hitting more than half of his shots.

This year, Dirk takes 16.9 shots per game. Kobe takes 19.8. The difference between their teams? Dirk has other legitamite scoring options(Terry, Howard, etc) while Kobe doesn't have Lamar Odom, who is injured. Yet, with a lack of a #2 scorer, Kobe ONLY takes 3 more shots per game.

just take his last game, against the Magic on Tuesday (January 22nd). he scored 33 points on just 17 field goal attempts. additionally, he's almost always going to pull down double-digit rebounds.

That is good game by Dirk. Kobe had 42 points on 21 shot attempts earlier this season. Dirk is a 7'0" power forward, so he should be getting a good number of rebounds.

i'm no mathematician, but at that rate Dirk would have hit 81 points with a LOT fewer attempts.

Assuming he kept shooting at 70% from the field, he would have.

on top of that, Kobe went to the free throw line at a rate FAR surpassing Dirk until recently, because of the referee's tendency to call bogus fouls for the Black Jesus-type players like Kobe and Dwyane Wade.

Dirk gets 7.9 FTA per game. Kobe gets 9.5. Kobe and Wade also attack the basket much more than Dirk does.

only this season has Dirk gotten a decent amount of free throws, but he STILL shoots far less than any other of the league's high scorers... both from the charity stripe and the floor.

Ray Allen averages 25 shots per game. Same as Dirk. Yet Allen averages 1 more point per game. Joe Johnson and Vince Carter also average 25 shots per game and average about .5 points less than Dirk.

that's what a big-time talent is supposed to do; score without shooting your team out of the game. can anyone say Iverson?

Didn't Iverson lead the 76ers to the NBA Finals in 2001?

Bart

Hall of Famer
Dirk is an incredible athlete. He is a 7 footer who shoots at a higher percentage from the floor, beyond the arc, and at the free throw line than Bryant.

G

Bart said:
Dirk is an incredible athlete. He is a 7 footer who shoots at a higher percentage from the floor, beyond the arc, and at the free throw line than Bryant.

He is a better shooter, but he also does not create his own shot. 51% of his jumpshots were assisted, compared to 38% for Kobe.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Everything you've said about Kobe screams 'ballhog.'

Dirk should be getting more free throw attempts than he does. Attacking the lane doesn't always equal free throws, unless you're a black superstar. White players like Dirk get mugged in the lane and half the time there is no call.

Kobe attacks the lane more, gets more free throws, and 'sets up' more of his own jump shots. More of Dirk's shots are off assists. Well, genius, it's hard to shoot off of an assist if you're the one who brings the ball down the court and you never pass it off to a teammate. How can you get the ball back on an assist if you never pass it in the first place?

G

Dirk should be getting more free throw attempts than he does. Attacking the lane doesn't always equal free throws, unless you're a black superstar. White players like Dirk get mugged in the lane and half the time there is no call.

Kobe still attacks the hoop more often than Dirk. That is why he gets the calls. And don't act like the refs are biased like that.

Kobe attacks the lane more, gets more free throws, and 'sets up' more of his own jump shots. More of Dirk's shots are off assists. Well, genius, it's hard to shoot off of an assist if you're the one who brings the ball down the court and you never pass it off to a teammate. How can you get the ball back on an assist if you never pass it in the first place?

You're right. Kobe never passes. How foolish of me to forget that he is averaging 5.5 assists per game.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Sandwich said:
And don't act like the refs are biased like that.

smiley36.gif

You need to use emoticons to let us know when you're joking. That is some funny stuff right there!
smiley36.gif

Like the superstars don't get the benefit of the doubt on each and every call. These guys get breathed on the wrong way, it's a foul. And if you don't think that bias is slanted towards BLACK superstars, did you watch Dirk and the Mavs in the conference championship last year? Come on, man..
smiley36.gif

G

You need to use emoticons to let us know when you're joking. That is some funny stuff right there!
smiley36.gif

Like the superstars don't get the benefit of the doubt on each and every call. These guys get breathed on the wrong way, it's a foul. And if you don't think that bias is slanted towards BLACK superstars, did you watch Dirk and the Mavs in the conference championship last year? Come on, man..
smiley36.gif

Superstars get more calls, but not black players in general.

dirk41

Sandwhich said:
Bart said:

He is a better shooter, but he also does not create his own shot. 51% of his jumpshots were assisted, compared to 38% for Kobe.
if you think dirk doesn't create his own shot you haven't watched Dallas post Nash with AJ coaching.Dallas constantly runs isolation plays with Dirk.That's why last year they were 29th in APG and 24th this season.

G

Bart said:
Sandwhich said:
Superstars get more calls, but not black players in general.

You're killing us man!!

You're right. Black athletes get ALL the calls. White players foul out in 5 minutes. The NBA is rigged.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Sandwhich said:
You're right. Black athletes get ALL the calls. White players foul out in 5 minutes. The NBA is rigged.

What happened? Did someoneinject you with Sodium Pentothal? You sound very familiar. Have you posted here under a different name?

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
wow! where to start...

first, no one on here has ever said the Kobe wasn't talented, yet you insist on saying Dirk isn't. hmmm... Kobe was legitimately criticized earlier in his career for being too selfish, both by his own teammates and his coaches. not to mention the media or fans. thankfully, for the Lakers, he has matured as he has grown older, but that doesn't change the past. and concerning his 81-point game, yes, he was very hot for him, but one player shooting 46 times? you know what his teammates were saying? "I'm open!"

secondly, the bogus foul thing is so bad, that there was a website set up specifically to point it out during last year's NBA Championship series when Black Jesus Dwyane Wade shot nearly as many free throws as Dallas did as a team (off the top of my head, i think over the last two games Dallas shot 98 free throws and Wade shot 96). the web site showed numerous "fouls" where Wade fell to the floor and drew the whistle despite NO PHYSICAL CONTACT WHATSOEVER. give me a break.

thirdly, take a look at the free throw numbers of the scorers you compared Dirk to. i'm guessing that they all shoot a lot more free throws than he does. of course you'll say that's because they "attack the bucket" more. hmmm... you also say Dirk gets all those rebounds becuase he plays so close to the basket as a power forward... could you explain to me then, how does a power forward who is double-teamed on virtually every possession and who plays a position that draws infinitely more contact get so many fewer free throw attempts than other players? it would seem to me that if a guy gets double-teamed then he's going to draw twice as much contact... no?

i'm probably wasting my breath, but Dirk is a phenomenal player. it's a shame you and your kind can't appreciate that.

jcolec02

Mentor
thats my pick for the 4 best overall players in the league...I think Yao possibly could have placed above Nash...but mainly just cuz I like him a little bit better...but Dirk is my favorite player...and I truely belive he is the best basketball player in the world!!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I can't believe neither Dirk or Steve made first team all-star. What a joke that "honor" is.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
jcole, sorry man, but Nash is THE best player in the League. even better than Dirk, and certainly better than Yao (no disrespect intended).

Nash can do things NO other player in the NBA can, and every night he makes a bunch of role players in Phoenix look like superstars. Nash is the best. No doubt about it.

jcolec02

Mentor
Nash plays with Marion, Stoudemire and Barbosa, who the hell does Dirk got??? HIMSELF thats who...and if he wasnt on that team dallas would be a fringe playoff team at best...