Declining use of "Dixie" in the old CSA

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I just read this in the latest volume of Social Forces </span>and had to post it here. It doesn't
surprise me, but it angers me that self-congratulatory
anti-Confederate/Southern/White pap like this gets published while a lot
of real world, practical sociological research gets rejected flat out.
Yes, I know all the journals are run by people who care nothing for the
White race, and that does explain a lot of it.

This
is the figure showing the proportion of businesses with Dixie in the
name to the businesses with American in the name in 1976. The higher
numbers mean more Dixie names.

scan0001.jpg

Here
is the same info for 2008. Notice how much the geographical area has
shrunk, much to the delight of multiculturalists aka anti-Whites
everywhere. Sad stuff but no surprise. Decades of White guilt,
anti-Southern propaganda, indoctrination, and political correctness have
taken their toll.

scan0002.jpg

whiteCB

Master
Some of my own observations: Living in Ohio my whole (born and raised in NE Ohio) I always found it a little weird when I'd venture down to SW Ohio, the Cincinnati metro area and even Dayton a little, and see street signs such as the "Dixie Highway" or Dixie Store such and such. And I always thought wow you'd never see that in northern Ohio, i.e. north of Interstate 70. I-70 is thought of the dividing line of northern and southern Ohio. Also I'd always notice way more Confederate flags south of I-70.

white is right

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Some of my own observations: Living in Ohio my whole (born and raised in NE Ohio) I always found it a little weird when I'd venture down to SW Ohio, the Cincinnati metro area and even Dayton a little, and see street signs such as the "Dixie Highway" or Dixie Store such and such. And I always thought wow you'd never see that in northern Ohio, i.e. north of Interstate 70. I-70 is thought of the dividing line of northern and southern Ohio. Also I'd always notice way more Confederate flags south of I-70.
Southern Ohio the accent is different too. Around the Cincy the accents start to have a southern twang to it. I also noticed that grits were standard breakfast fare at roadside diners too....