David Lee

guest301

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
It's ambiguously titled.  It could mean, as one of the comments below it says, that Lee still made the dunk in spite of being hacked by Amare.

Also, note the comments below the vid.  Not real polished, but it shows again that CF is getting the word out.  There's more people now speaking out in favor of white athletes and white athleticism. <!-- Message ''"" --><!-- Message ''"" -->

Don, you make a good point. It might have been meant that way, who knows? But I think most people at CF are highly sensitized to any word or phrase that seems to take away or distract from a white athletes acomplishment or abilities. I heard the white guy on the TNT NBA show say last night that David Lee should be on the all-star team.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Don, you make a good point. It might have been meant that way, who knows? But I think most people at CF are highly sensitized to any word or phrase that seems to take away or distract from a white athletes acomplishment or abilities. I heard the white guy on the TNT NBA show say last night that David Lee should be on the all-star team.

Reggie Miller is one of the better basketball minds out there. He said that he would be starting Dirk over Amare in the All-Star game!

White commentators should be saying the same thing...

guest301

Hall of Famer
Deadlift said:
guest301 said:

Reggie Miller is one of the better basketball minds out there. He said that he would be starting Dirk over Amare in the All-Star game!

White commentators should be saying the same thing...

I agree, just tell it like it is. I can't stand Jeff Van Gundy and Jon Barry lately, they are worse than the black commentators with their constant Caste comments.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
David Lee has just topped 500 rebounds for the season (he has 506 now).

If a guy gets 800+ rebounds in a season, that's a good indication that he remained healthy. Go David!

j41181

Master
David Lee is becoming the MAN of New York. If he finishes this season on a high note, he'll become an All-Star come next season.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Another big game for Lee against the best team in the NBA. The Celtics won but Lee won the battle of the big men. He outplayed Garnett by alot. David scored 18 points and pulled down an incredible 18 rebounds. Amazing numbers for Lee who should be an All Star as we all know!

j41181

Master
white lightning said:
Another big game for Lee against the best team in the NBA. The Celtics won but Lee won the battle of the big men. He outplayed Garnett by alot. David scored 18 points and pulled down an incredible 18 rebounds. Amazing numbers for Lee who should be an All Star as we all know!
He will become an All-Star, he is playing for the right team. New York is a storied franchise, it won't take long for him to get really noticed around the NBA with the kind of numbers he's putting on a near-regular basis. He has been scoring in double digits for 3 straight months now, and his rebounding is nothing short of phenomenal.

Dirk Nowitzki, as you know was phenomenal in 2000-01, but he got snubbed for the All-Star game that year. But he made due in 2001-02, so David Lee will make the same jump, as long as he continues playing very well and finishes this season on a high note.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
Lee has been putting up these same numbers for three years, at least when he gets playing time. yet he still seems to be the invisible man in the NBA...

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee shoots a very high percentage every season and is a monster on the boards. He gets very little respect but we all know the reason for that.

I thinking he's becoming less invisible -- it doesn't help that the Knicks have been so horrible, aren't on national TV.

On talk radio shows Friday from both Detroit and Chicago, fans were calling in about trading for Lee. Of course, the hosts poo-poo'd his talent.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Wow David Lee had 29 points on 15 shots today. He shot 10-15 overall and also pulled down 11 rebounds and garnered two assists. Another double double for Lee. He keeps rolling them in!

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Going into the All-star Break David Lee is first in the NBA in double-doubles (well tied with some guy named Dwight Howard). None the less this is a terrific accomplishment.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

link

The sad thing is this achievement was not deemed worthy enough to land David in the All-Star Game. Hmmmmm. Also, if you notice in the link, Howard is listed as first even though they both have 41 double-doubles. Howard also gets a written blurb for his "excellence". David receives no mention. Wouldn't want people to see that a white guy is just as good as the NBA's "superman".

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Lee is doing incredibly well with his minutes. He shoots a very high percentage and is very consistent. Thank god that racist Isiah Thomas is gone.

Rise

Guru
One of our favorite ESPN analyst Bill Simmons
smiley8.gif
has this to say about David's trade value:

"The latest D'Antoni salary bumpee is averaging a 20-13 with 56 percent shooting since New Year's. Yeah, he's a lousy defender ... but should we really pick nits when he's on the books for $1.76 million this season and $2.68 million next? The Knicks have settled sexual harassment suits for three times that much. (No, seriously. They have. It wasn't a joke.)By the way, he's one of only two American white guys to crack the top 40."

So Bill, whats the purpose of informing us of the lack of American whites? Are you implying something?

Something tells me these ESPN douchebags do view the NBA in a racial perspective. But no crying about the lack of whites, just an aside. But let there be a lack of blacks in MLB and we hear non-stop garbling for weeks on the calamity. I just want to strangle these F*cks!

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/0902 12[/url]

j41181

Master
These douchebags know next to nothing on what they're taking about. But don't worry, as long as David Lee continues progressing and playing the way he is right now, he'll start making some real noise in a year or two.

Just pray he does not get injured. He is already a great rebounder, a scorer, and a solid defensive player, but I also think, he needs to develop a consistent outside game (15-20 feet jumpshot), to further enhance his overall game.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Lee reminds me of Gugliotta, my favorite NBA player of all time. Both are aggresive and can rebound really well.
I loved Googs too, I was very disappointed when he suffered a season ending injury in the 1997-98 season. He was never the same after that. I imagined him making the All-Star game for several more years.

Googs had a great overall game (both ends), and I'm still waiting and waiting for another white player like him. Though guys like Turokglu, Dunleavy, Mike Miller, and Brad Miller are also comparable to him.

David Lee though can do much better if he can polish more his outside game. The rebounding, passing (if he needs to), and defense are already there.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I remember during my sophmore year in high school in 97 I bought a Gugliotta jersey. I still have it as a matter of fact. I remember studying his post up moves and actually using them during pick up games. I don't play any basketball anymore as I am into weightlifting now but man Googs always brings back memories. He was a dominant forward for several years.

j41181

Master
I Agree, Googs and Laettner were two of the better NBA forwards, along with Kukoc and Schrempf I have enjoyed watching during the 90's. Those were the days.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
I am hoping this kid Tim Ohlbrecht turns out to be a good player. He is athletic and should have little trouble playing the 4 in the NBA.Edited by: whiteathlete33

icsept

Master
I wanted to scream when Bill Simmons' article downplayed Lee's success due to D'Antoni's system. Lee was just as productive on a per minute basis under Isiah Thomas. He just wasn't given the minutes. Simmons is a caste whore.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Agreed icsept.

Hey whiteathlete33, got any info on Tim Ohlbrecht? Is he the German prospect that I have been seeing in mock drafts?

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
It is ridiculous calling David Lee a bad defender, I've watched him and he's at least solid and is great at not giving up second chance points; ESPN is so blatantly biased. It's just b/c he's slightly undersized for a Center in today's age and is white; which you can't be both.

Guys like Dwight Howard or Yao Ming, who have great inside skills can post Lee up pretty consistently, but don't they do that to everybody? Lee can be a lock down defender against most PFs and Centers he faces; he only has trouble with the very tall guys (Yao); or guys who are athletic freaks offensively with length (KG, Howard and Dirk) b/c he's 6'9.

I don't hear anyone complain when other Centers need help on the KGs, Yaos and Howards, but with Lee he is somehow inept if he gets shot over by them. As we all know some big men (Dirk and Pau included; can't be stopped they can only be contained), but when Lee gets scored on he stands out like a sore thumb for his lack of melanin.