Danny Woodhead

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Wow, they actually described him as 'speedy' and 'shifty', lol.
smiley32.gif

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
After breaking those 2 long runs even the stupid media can't deny he is fast. What sucks for us is the team he is on. The Jets love the affletes they already have at running back. Thomas Jones ran for 1000 yards the past 4 seasons. Leon Washington is a less athletic running back than Danny Woodhead and exactly the same size. They also drafted Greene so it will be hard for Woodhead. That is why I wouldn't mind him ending up on the Browns or another team.Edited by: whiteathlete33

white is right

Hall of Famer
Woodhead wasn't put on the PS. The New York media is speculating that he is signed elsewhere. Here is a short blog about Danny from ProFootballTalk....Woodhead not on Jets practice squad
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 7, 2009 4:30 PM ET
The Jets became one of the last teams to announce their practice squad, and the list is notable for a name not on it: preseason cinderella running back Danny Woodhead, who made the team Saturday, only to get waived Sunday.

This is likely good news for Woodhead and bad news for Jets fans that took a shining to the kid, because Woodhead has probably been claimed on waivers elsewhere.

The Jets players who did make the practice squad: running back Jehuu Caulcrick, safety Emanuel Cook, linebacker Kenwin Cummings, safety Keith Fitzhugh, wideout Marcus Henry, defensive tackle Matt Kroul, tackle Ryan McKee, and tight end Jack Simmons.

It's possible Woodhead will eventually displace one of the names above, but it seems more likely that he's headed to another team's 53-man roster.

White Power

Mentor
I knew it some coach with his ass on the line will sign him. He is too good not to be on an active roster.

backrow

Hall of Famer
keep in mind that he might simply be still in talks with Jets, he was cut a day after all these other guys after all. let's hope for the best.Edited by: backrow

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think of this blurb I just found on RotoWorld? Still seems screwed to me but who knowstheremay be a tiny chance thatWoodhead joins Danny Amendola as surprise white receivers this season.

Jets practice squad RB Danny Woodhead has been moved to wide receiver. The Jets have thinking about making the move ever since Woodhead played the role of Wes Welker on the Week 2 scout team. With Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith banged up, the former Chadrone State star could be activated this week.

The Hock

Master
Mixed feelings, would still like to see him succeed as RB, but the ball in your hands is the ball in your hands, whether by hand-off or pass.

Chrebet 2 maybe, with more YAC potential.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
The Hock said:
Mixed feelings, would still like to see him succeed as RB, but the ball in your hands is the ball in your hands, whether by hand-off or pass.

Chrebet 2 maybe, with more YAC potential.

I pretty much second that

backrow

Hall of Famer
hey, as long as he's active and getting touches, i am sure they would use him on end around as well and what not, and if one of their RBs goes down... pff, i would still much rather have him play RB for someone!

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Maybe Washington will leave the Jets for salary cap reasons in a year or two & they'll move Woodhead back to RB. I think it's becoming more "acceptable" to have a white RB carry the ball b/c of how well Leonard, Hester and Gerhart have done in college & what Hillis did last year in the NFL. We'll see if "acceptableness" has any baring on positive outcomes for white RBs. Slot WRs and scatbacks have some similar skills, but of course whitey usually has to play ONLY the slot.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I just want to see him on the field...WR/KR/PR/RB..doesn't matter, he is a big play waiting to happen.

Taco

Guru
Braylon Edwards/Danny woodhead. Maybe the Jets are trying to copy the Randy Moss/Wes Welker combo, right down to the skin color hah

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
We can't complain if Woodhead actually plays receiver. For one he will be playing a caste position. There is also no chance he could be moved to fullback or linebacker because he is way too small.

white is right

Hall of Famer
When football was more of two platoon sport many legends played both positions. Crazy Legs Hirsch and the philanderer Frank Gifford played both positions.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan said:
I just want to see him on the field...WR/KR/PR/RB..doesn't matter, he is a big play waiting to happen.

Ditto here!

backrow

Hall of Famer
it's official, rotoworld.com reports:

Jets signed Danny Woodhead to their active roster.

Woodhead, who was a running back on the practice squad, is shifting to wide receiver. This is a sure sign that Jerricho Cotchery (hamstring) won't play this week and Brad Smith (quad) is very unlikely to go as well. The Jets see some potential in Woodhead as a slot receiver, although it's unlikely he'll get on the field this week. David Clowney and Dustin Keller will be the main targets other than Braylon Edwards.
Source: Newark Star-Ledger

Tom Iron

Mentor
I hope Danny gets in there this week. Jericho Cotchery is out again along with another WR.

Tom Iron...

Pollyanna

Guru
White Noise says that Woodhead will not get any carries or passes thrown his way, let alone even see the field. : (

backrow

Hall of Famer
Leon Washington looks to be out for a year. let's hope Danny's injury was just a bruise.Edited by: backrow

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Hopefully this will help Danny get a few carries this year!