Dalton Knecht

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
in some of the other articles i’ve read about how Knecht “slipped through the cracks” it’s been reported that his grades were not great. while it’s entirely possible he was a below average student, i find it difficult to believe that grades were the reason coaches didn’t pursue him, because i know for a FACT that they routinely sign Upside Americans who can’t even read. still, i’m happy for the young man that he persevered and has apparently turned his life around for the better. he’s certainly a lot of fun to watch on the hardwood.

Bucky

Hall of Famer

The Dalton Knecht hype slowed down after a four-game stretch where he did not shoot the basketball that well. But, the hype train got chugging again after his performances against Mississippi State and Georgia where he averaged an impressive 32 points per game.

When looking at all the wings in this class, not one brings Knecht's combination of power, bounce and long-range shooting ability. His ability to specialize in draining long range jumpers is the best attribute to have in the modern basketball climate. With the options at hand, it does not seem crazy to consider Knecht with a top-10 pick.