Craig Pickering

StarWars

Mentor
I would pay a lot of money to see them race. Soon I need to take a picture with one of these guys and get my spikes signed.

I hope Dwain doesn't get into Craig's head. Either way, I'm feeling a big PR. Lemaitre, Cerutti, and Craig will all PR HUGE this season. In fact, it looks like every white sprinter except for Dariusz Kuc is on pace for a sub 10.20, sub 10.10, and sub 10.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I would agree with most of the white sprinters looking good so far except Matic Osovniakr and Paul Hession. To be fair, they have only raced once so far and it's early. I think Matic is pushing 30 and Hession has to be around 28 or 29 I belive. Hopefully they can get it going soon.

Macrozonaris was supposed to be racing soon but I haven't heard anything yet unless he decided to play football. He did try out for the team in the CFL. I hope he gives track one or two more years. He has great genetics and it might not be too late yet.

Look at M.Devonish. He is 32 and keeps getting faster. Wow, I wonder how that happens.

StarWars

Mentor
He is healthy and the fastest he's ever been top spped. His first race, in average conditions, was the fastest he's ever started a a season with. His 10.14 PB will be shattered very soon. He will get that 3rd spot at the trials and PR again in Berlin, hopefully at 9.98. Good luck tomorrow, Craig!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I will pass along the message. Thanks and I will let you know all of the latest news.

On a side note, C.Tomlinson looked good in the long jump in his victory. Hopefully he is rounding back into form to join Rutherford in Berlin.

Kali

Weather forcast for Geneva Sat 6 June

Heavy Rain Shower
Max: 16°C 61°F
Wind: SSW 8mph
Hum: 64%
Press: 1001mB
Vis: Poor
Sunrise: 05:44

Not good sprinting conditions

white lightning

Hall of Famer
No excuses but I will say this. The ped use is so rampant right now. I warned a couple of you about how quickly Dasaolu has changed along with Harry, Devonish,Williamson and others. It is clear that with what is going on at the moment, there will probably be 4 or 5 guys possibly go sub 10 for Great Britain. That is not even including Craig.

Oh well. What can you do? You have to worry about your own race. The conditions were not good but it didn't stop James and Harry. You have to give them credit.

Laura Turner had a good race coming in 2nd in the womens 100. She is slowly improving.

StarWars

Mentor
I am not wooried about Craig's speed or his times. A 10.31 no wind in bad conditions is as fast as he's ever been in early June. Certainly on pace to run 10.10 to 10.15 before berlin. But he needs to focus on the 100 and making it to Berlin. He needs to have the eye of the tiger.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I hear that. Watching some German track has picked up the spirits of a few of us. It's all about the Super Eight! Time to bring it. Eye of the tiger. You know I love England but sometimes I think that there would be far more support from the coaches, trainers and fans if he ran for Germany. Then maybe the teammates would want him to succeed and also not gang up against him. It's sad but true. On an island by himself.

Oh well. Screw hanging the head. If opportunity doesn't knock, then go find the door and bust it down. All I think in my head is 9.98! From a dream to reality. It will happen.

Pierce

Today's the 25th anniversary of Marian Woronin's 10 flat. Since then, we've only gone sub-10.06 twice, and once was at altitude. Two times in 25 years just isn't gonna cut it. This year, 42 blacks, and one Japanesefrom 12 different countries have run faster than our fastest guy.. and that doesn't include Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay,and others who haven't begun their speed work yet.

You guys have a lot more confidence than I do. I think it's gonna be a long summer. I'll be shocked if we makeit past the quarterfinals in Berlin.Edited by: Pierce

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Well it's race day and the weather forecast is for windy conditions
with heavy rain! What else is new. Just can't win for anything. It's too bad because you would like the team with Pickering, Nick Smith and
Richard Kilty all running in the 100! Talk about white lightnings! I
will do my best to let you know how it goes.

StarWars

Mentor
Not bad at all Craig. I stand by the fact that he is the fastest he's ever been. It just might not be ebough. You guys have to remember that one month from now is what matters. Nice job Craig!!! And if you only make the relay team, I'll still be watching you. No matter what happens, nobody except himself can stop him from breaking ten.

albinosprint

Mentor
100M OFFICIAL RESULTS Wind: -0.2 m/s

1 Craig PICKERING10.24 0.162

2 Seyi SMITH 10.45 0.172

3 Christian MALCOLM 10.53 0.146

4 Nick SMITH GLA10.53 0.187

5 Richard KILTY10.63 0.193

6 Tom MARTIN 10.71 0.194

7 Luke GIBLIN11.07 0.211

DQ Jeffrey LAWAL

good time when you factor in weather conditions, head wind and lack of good competition. which also leads me to believe CP has a problem with pressure. he got a good start and blew away the field from what I feel is a lack of pressure. he knew he would win so he is relaxed and can execute properly. flip it around and through some talent in the mix and he performs just OK. it's a mental thing, and he has got to get it under control if he want a seat on the WC team.whitelighting, when's his next race?

white is right

Hall of Famer
If I were Pickering I would change my training base. I swear British weather must affect the minds of sprinters. If the weather was as described by WL that would be a 10.1X in decent weather and maybe a 10.0X with a decent tailwind.

StarWars

Mentor
I agree he should also do some races at Mexico City to get some faster times down. Maybe base in Italy or something.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Weather was crappy but that is the norm lately. Another lackluster
performance. Sorry guys I don't feel too good right now. Physically
and mentally just down. Average race in bad conditions but should have
ran better. Euros might be next race. Will let you know.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Sorry albinosprint. I forgot to answer you. The next race will be in Ostrava, Czech Republic next Wednesday. Racing against Bolt. I'm hoping for a new personal best. I guess we will see what racing the fastest (PED)man in
the world will do mentally. Either it will bring out the best or crack under the pressure. I need to think positive. I will say weather
permitting, a time around 10.12 is possible! I believe, but do you guys
believe? Let's get some positive mojo going. We need positive energy. Too
much negativity these days. If Swabb can, then why not in Ostrava! I will
update you more soon.

By the way. The race will be carried live on Euro Sport. You guys should check it out if you can. Edited by: white lightning

albinosprint

Mentor
I think racing a guy like Bolt will bring him accross the line faster. my guess 10.11! I think the stress level will be low because Bolt is on his on world right now and I think thats relaxing. that stress of what if he beats me is gone. CP knows Bolt is more druged up than a horse at the kentucky derby, so he know where he stands. question is who else is racing.

StarWars

Mentor
Craig's 10.24 is better than Edgar's, Devonish's, and Aryeety's last race in Berlin. I think he will peak at the right time.

Wind:+0.2
Rank Athlete Nation Result Reaction time
1 DEVONISH, Marlon GBR
2 AIKINES-ARYEETEY, Harry GBR
3 EDGAR, Tyrone GBR
4 KUC, Dariusz POL
5 ORIALA, Chinedu NGR
SB 10.44
6 KOSENKOW, Alexander GER
7 PESSONNEAUX, Pierre-Alexis FRA
8 KELLER, Martin GER
9 DREYER, Hannes RSA