Conspiracy?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Do the coaches who cut white players realize they're cutting guys who are better football players than some of the blacks on their rosters, but don't keep them around really, simply, because they're white? Is it a conscious decision on their part to not keep white players on the team? Be it locker room dynamics or what have you, but is it conscious?

Or is it more that they are brainwashed and can't see beyond the color schemes set up for each position in the NFL? And how and when were these color schemes set up, anyway? Was that in and of itself a conscious decision by the owners, movers and shakers in the NFL? Or were they too brainwashed?

I don't know which is worse.Edited by: White Shogun

bigunreal

Mentor
I think it's mostly a knee-jerk racist reaction on the part of coaches
at all levels to give blacks more chances, more leeway and more credit
than their white counterparts. Coaches, like fans, are totally
brainwashed on this suibject and definitely believe that blacks are
superior athletes at all positions except punter and kicker. They still
accept a lot of white QBs, because most blacks that have been given the
opportunity to play QB in the NFL have just been so obviously deficient
at passing. On the other hand, I do think the media reaction to black
players vs. white players is more of a conspiracy on the part of those
who run Don King's America to promote blacks at every turn, while
ridiculing and making fun of whites. Either way, it serves the same
purpose. Whats more frightening than anything, however, is the fact
that when those of us who can see through this stuff point the truth
out to others, we are either met with blank stares or called the
usual tired old names. This is all SO obvious, but even those who have
been directlly affected by it can usually not admit it. Is there any
hope?

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think "conspiracy" is the right word. I'd say it's more an institutionalized Way of Doing Things.

How it got to be that way, like a lot of things in this country, isn't easily explainable in a sentence or two. It's the end result of various social and financial interests interacting together.

Football is an extremely important part of the status quo. As far and away America'sfavorite sport it's tied into Big Business, "diversity," multiculturalism, minority achievement, and patriotism and this country's image of itself. The NFL is part and parcel of the ruling establishment, which claims to favor a color-blind society. Much of the propaganda appeal of the Caste System is towards that end -- sports is where blacks have been allowed full opportunity, and are now being integrated into the coaching, scouting, announcing and even ownership ends of it. Like the military, the NFL is essentially conservative, but is of the type of conservatism that is anti-white in policy andoutcome but not in rhetoric.

To us, the media is blatantly anti-white with its jokes and negative stereotypes about white athletes, but most people don't really notice it, or they just go along with it just as they rather unthinkingly go along with the degradation of whites in all aspects of society today. Lionization of black athletes is all they've ever known. They aren't deep thinkers, especially when nothing is ever presented to counter the party line. Most football fans are old enough to remember when the NFL was about half white and half black and had white stars at every position, yet now almost none question the black dominance of the past quarter century and the permanent removal of whites from certain positions.

As far as coaches, their motivations can't all be lumped together. Some truly believe blacks are better football players. A lot of it is conformity to the norm; the average NFL team today looks about like it did 20 years ago as far as racial composition. That's a long time. Additionally, the Cowboys of the early '90s and subsequent teams put in place the model of a successful, virtually all-black team. A lot of what we see in college and the NFL is simple mimicking of the currently successful model. Bucking the trend openly would lead to career ruination. Change will have to come wisely and incrementally.

Team chemistry and morale plays a big role too. When blacks come to dominate something in a society in which they are usually at the bottom by most measurements, they don't want to give it up -- any of it. J. B. Cash has covered this aspect well, and it probably can't be understated. Football at most I-A schools and the NFL is a thoroughly "black thang".

Change won't come until more peoplerecognize and understandthe Caste System. Parents will have to begin standing up for their sons when they are slotted away from the "black" positions early on. Media stereotypes will have to be opposed and the media informed of it when they denigrate whites.

The big change, if it comes, has to be the ending of Jim Crow in college recruiting, the absolute refusal by most big I-A programs to recruit and develop star white high school football players at many positions.

In the meantime, we should be of good cheer whenever possible and continue to inform those who have eyes to see, and mock the powers-that-be, because they are eminently worthy of all the sarcasm and ridicule that can be directed their way.

Edited by: Don Wassall

whiteCB

Master
It's gonna have to be a grassroots kind of deal to get white players a fair shake in the NFL and DI-A recruiting. Little by little you have to wake the fans up to this b.s. My boss a month ago who doesn't even watch that much football admitted to liking BYU alot for a college team since "they got so many white boys". I went on to tell him about that's why I love OSU is because of the white CB Dustin Fox they had and he could n't believe it. It starts with calling up a radio talk show and pumping up the white players or going on a fan forum online and doing it. There are a lot of people out there who feel like us and they just got to get corosed out of them.

Don has presented it in a nutshell. It's the 'way things are done'. I also
think it is possible that in some situations when a coach or whatever has
bucked the system, or more correctly, looks like he might buck the
system, he gets what could be called a "talking to". On the other hand,
there could be incentives out there for toeing the line. Kind of like the
"WOTC" (work opportunity tax credits) that employers get for hiring
'minority' workers - these are tax breaks that employers receive that most
of the general public is unaware of. Breaks that come at the expense of
white males most of the time, just like sports.

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i don't know how it works in the NFL, but i can tell you an actual experience that i had while working as one of the video interns in the athletic department at a school in the SEC.

while working on the annual "stroke-me" recruiting video to show the media on signing day of all thetalent we had recruited, we stumbled across a tape by mistake of a guy from south Texas. it was UNREAL!!! he was a kicker/cornerback (weird combo, huh?) but the guy was incredible. aside from a tremendous leg (the highlights included a 53-yard field goal and numerous kickoffs out of the endzone. that's right, OUT OF THE ENDZONE!), what really stood out was his tremendous playmaking ability on defense.

the first play showed him forcing the quarterback on an option play to his side of the field. he forced the qb, then amazingly changed direction, caught the pitch, and took it the distance for a touchdown! the rest of the highlight tape had numerous other plays showcasing his incredible cover skills, speed, and general phenomenal athletic ability.

long story short, i took the tape to one of the coaches, a young black guy who we all thought was much cooler than the white head coach (who is known as a black guy trapped in a white man's body). we sat down in his office, where he zoomed past the kicking portion despite our need for a good kicker. when we got to the defensive highlights, the first words out of his mouth were, "Wow. Nice play." that was quickly followed by three repetitions of the same phrase.

at this point the coach turned to me and said that this is the point in the process where the coaches need to go look at the guy in person, to make sure the guy is as impressive as he looks on film. he might be in a small conference, so it's hard to see exactly how fast, big, etc. the guy is. i said okay, the guy plays in the top level of Texas high school football, so that looks good for us right?

the coach replied yeah, this guy looks like a player. then, no kidding, this is what happened...he said, "Now we need to schedule...(hetooka long pause as if he just noticed something), is he a white kid?" i responded, "Yeah, or he's an awfully light-skinned brother." "Well tell him we'd be more than happy for him to walk on, but we don't have any scholarships available right now."

and that was that. and that came from the youngest, coolest guy on the staff who coached linebackers and had several white guys that he bragged about at the position. i would say it was unbelievable, but i was there and saw it first-hand. that'sthe kind of attitudethese young white skill-position players have to overcome, at least in the SEC.
smiley7.gif