Colts-Chargers

Bart

Hall of Famer
I predict the Colts will beat the Chargers and Dallas Clark will have an excellent game.

JoeV

Guru
That is a pretty bold prediction, the Chargers are tough.

Bart

Hall of Famer
JoeV said:

Yeah, they seem to be, but I was thinking about the Ravens coming up next against the Colts. Don't know why I typed Chargers instead. Anyway, Dallas Clark had a nice game today, 9 catches for more than a 100 yards.

Bart said:
JoeV said:

Yeah,  they seem to be,  but I was thinking about the Ravens coming up next against the Colts.  Don't know why I typed Chargers instead.  Anyway,  Dallas Clark had a nice game today,  9 catches for more than a 100 yards.

Yeah, Clark was on fire in today's game. Ben Utecht was a key player as well. I like those two guys, as they are very important pieces to the Colts offense. I would say that, aside from Manning, the three most important offensive players on that team are: Clark, Utecht and Harrison.

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
I like the colts against the Ravens, Peyton's struggles typically are in the AFC Championship, and I doubt he'll have 2 poor performances in a row after today's game.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
The Ravens are the caste favorites now. Overrated Black QB who is a game manager just like Trent Dilfer but his dark skin will not allow him to have the title "game manager" attached to him and a murderer playing LB with his stupid dances. I really hope Manning lights up that defense.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Cris Collinsworth greatly exaggerated Manning's "struggles" today. From halftime all through the third quarter he went on and on as if the Colts were going to lose because of Manning.

Although the Colts struggled in the redzone, Manning was 30 of 38 for 268 yards. Of his 3 interceptions, two were caused by Marvin Harrison not running the correct route. Also, on a couple of occasions when Manning was chased out of the pocket (usually by Jared Allen), he could be seen frantically signalling to Harrison to come back to him to make a play, but the great Marvin was too busy doing whatever it was he was doing.

The Colts totally dominated play on both sides of the ball and the outcome was neverseriously in doubt. A black quarterback having a similar game would have been widely praised. But a notable portion of the Caste media can't wait for the Colts to lose so they can dump on Peyton.

The Colts seem to have a fairly white defensive unit compared to a lot of teams today. Compare that with Manning, Clark, Utecht the mostly white O-Line I'm certainly pulling for the Colts.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Down the stretch the Colts started to mix in a fair amount of white players on defense. Rob Morris, Rocky Boiman, Josh Thomas, Dan Klecko, Bo Schobel and Matt Giordano are all now getting varying amounts of playing time, though none are listed as starters on the official Indy depth chart. I doubt it's pure coincidence that the team's defense has stiffened as a result of its white players getting more opportunity.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Cris Collinsworth greatly exaggerated Manning's "struggles" today.

I'm glad you brought that up! Collinsworth was pathetic! Aside from ripping Manning, he spent most of the time talking aboutLovie Smith, Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy. Man, I thought it wasBlack History month. I saw the first INT and it looked like Marvin cut in the opposite direction of the ball. The second INT was a bit underthrown or he could have hit the man at the back of the end zone. Manning completed nearly 80% of his passes for crying out loud. Post game coverage is making it sound like he had a meltdown.

Larry Johnson rushed for only 32 ydsandGonzales racked upa measely 25,and had acouple dropsalong the way. Thought I'd bring that up to balance things out a little.

Quiet Speed

Mentor
The NBC crew was harsh on Trent Green, also. They were actually wondering if he should be yanked at halftime. I supposed they wanted him to catch the ball after he threw it. The receivers dropped four balls in the first half. It was fitting that the very first pass was dropped in the playoffs after the miserable pass catching this year. And what in the world is Eddie Kennison still doing in the NFL?Edited by: Quiet Speed

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bart said:
[Collinsworth was pathetic! Aside from ripping Manning, he spent most of the time talking aboutLovie Smith, Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy.

Yes, Collinsworth was atrocious. At times I think he is one of the better analysts, comparatively speaking of course, but he can really get on some anti-white rolls.

Does it bother anyone else that the head coaches of the two "combatants" had dinner together the night before the game? I find that appalling.

Its a G thang; the white man can't understand.
smiley36.gif
Jordan and Barkely used to do the same, and now its common with the brothas.

Poacher

Mentor
I found it disconcerting to say the least that three of the NFLs black coaches (Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy) are so buddy-buddy all the time. WTF? To me that kind of "friendship," being so obviously racially motivated, raises serious credibility/ integrity issues with the on-field product for these two teams.

I've always wondered about so many players, primarily black, hanging out together during the off-season. I mean really doesn't anyone see an issue here? God knows what kind of team secrets they are giving away to each other or what kind of deals they are making with each other. I don't like to think about it but odds are that what we are seeing on the field is in large part a fraud, a dishonest , insulting fraud.

white tornado

Mentor
Lovie was there to cheer on the homeboys.

You know its hard being a black coach nowadays with all dis discrimunatan gowan dawn.

G

Poacher said:
I found it disconcerting to say the least that three of the NFLs black coaches (Lovie Smith, Herm Edwards and Tony Dungy) are so buddy-buddy all the time. WTF? To me that kind of "friendship," being so obviously racially motivated, raises serious credibility/ integrity issues with the on-field product for these two teams.

I've always wondered about so many players, primarily black, hanging out together during the off-season. I mean really doesn't anyone see an issue here? God knows what kind of team secrets they are giving away to each other or what kind of deals they are making with each other. I don't like to think about it but odds are that what we are seeing on the field is in large part a fraud, a dishonest , insulting fraud.
Are you insulted that Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash are best friends? Do you think they exchange team secrets with each other? What about when Wayne Chrebet and Jason Sehorn were so close back in the late 90's? Or Adam Morrison and J.J. Redick? Should we keep an eye on them when the Bobcats play the Magic?

Being a professional athlete is like being a member of one big fraternity. These guys have been playing with and against each other since high school. They share the same likes and dislikes in regards to music, style, cars, and dress. They're members of the same socio-economic class. It doesn't really strike me as being all that unusual that they'd gravitate towards each other off the field.

I don't find it strange that pro players would congregate over the off season. One would think that with the most important game of the season upcoming that the two head coaches would not be dining together. If I had to look at it objectively though I would say it's more of a show of respect between two friends than anything worth noting.Edited by: Sark6354201

backrow

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Down the stretch the Colts started to mix in a fair amount of white players on defense.  Rob Morris, Rocky Boiman, Josh Thomas, Dan Klecko, Bo Schobel and Matt Giordano are all now getting varying amounts of playing time, though none are listed as starters on the official Indy depth chart.  I doubt it's pure coincidence that the team's defense has stiffened as a result of its white players getting more opportunity. 

Rob Morris is a starter at MLB. at least he was for last couple of weeks, including today's game.
i wish we could see more of Josh Thomas and Matt Giordano!

cslewis1

Guru
Bart said:
Man,  I thought it was Black History month.  
HA!!
smiley32.gif

jcolec02

Mentor
anyone on a castefootball forum with the name "FSU Seminoles" is a TROLL!!!
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
I do like Peyton Manning and would like to see him lead the Colts to a Super Bowl. However, there is no denying that he plays differently in the playoffs. You can see him pressing when he releases the ball, and he is just not as accurate in big games. He threw a couple horrible looking interceptions yesterday, although the first one was probably due to Harrison breaking the wrong way. He really looked lost in the red zone early on, badly overthrowing a wide-open Dallas Clark (after waiting way too long to throw it) for a sure TD. Manning is not alone in sharing the blame for the Colts' anemic performances in big games. His offensive line seems to break down quicker and more repeatedly than it does in regular season games. Yesterday, Manning had no time and often looked like poor David Carr, trying to figure out how to find a receiver in two seconds or less. I'm glad Don brought up Marvin Harrison; he is the real "choke artist" in big games. I read an incredible stat on Harrison at a fantasy site. In 11 career playoff games, he has topped 75 yards one time, and has only 2 TDs. Contrast this to the fact that Dallas Clark has 2 100 yard efforts (and another 84 yard performance) in 4 career playoff games. Also, Tony Dungy just doesn't coach the same, and offensive coordinator Tom Moore just calls a different game, in the playoffs. It's so obvious that the team is plodding along in a "don't lose," George Allen-Marty Schottenheimer style, but don't expect too much criticism of Dungy in the media. Anyhow, luckily the Chiefs were so bad yesterday that the Colts were unable to give the game away to them, although they really tried. I'm hoping that somehow the Colts can make it all the way, but unless they open in up and let the offense play in its usual style, and Manning can overcome the big-game jitters, I think it's unlikely. Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like the Ravens are going to be in the Super Bowl, since I also can't imagine the Chargers getting past Marty's "don't lose," ultra-conservative playoff approach. But then again, you can never rule out the Patriots....

C Darwin

Mentor
bigunreal said:
I do like Peyton Manning and would like to see
him lead the Colts to a Super Bowl.
I think it might be better if the Colts loose. If the Colts won, Tony
Dungy would then become the "prototype" for head coaches. I can
hear the media crying for more coaches like the SB champ Dungy.
It's hard to deny that wouldn't happen. I understand Dungy plays
whites more than most white coaches, I just don't want to hear the
overflow of Dungy worship that would inevitably follow.

bigunreal said:
Anyhow, luckily the Chiefs were so bad
yesterday that the Colts were unable to give the game away to them,
although they really tried.
This could not be the result of two poor head coaches? Or could it? Edited by: C Darwin

backrow

Hall of Famer
Quiet Speed said:
The NBC crew was harsh on Trent Green, also. They were actually wondering if he should be yanked at halftime. I supposed they wanted him to catch the ball after he threw it.

too true!
smiley4.gif