College Football Week 12

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Ohio vs Ball St is on right now - Keith Wenning is a very good QB and Tettleton/Blankenship are fun to watch.

NIU vs Toledo will be on at 9 tonight. NIU has one of the best and least talked about dual threat QBs in the nation - Jordan Lynch.

Both games should be fun to watch

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
good post, Leonardfan.

Blankenship has already scored 2 touchdowns for Ohio, to go with former track star-turned-wideout Chase Cochran has a couple of catches, including a pretty 31-yarder where he tiptoed the sideline.

as for the amazing and amazingly under-hyped Jordan Lynch, the commentator (Spielman?) just called him a tailback who can really throw the ball. pretty cool.

Highlander

Mentor
Blankenship rips off a 58-yard TD, his 3rd TD of the night.

So far he has 15c for 126 yards, now in the 3rd Quarter.

He's displaying great vision, balance, change of direction, quickness, and speed.

EDIT: He just ripped off another 42-yard rush and now has 19c for 175 yards and 3 TDs.

Last edited:

TwentyTwo

Master
Nice start..thanks for the post..

Unable to copy my pics off the e-mail i sent of my version of 4 Horseman of Top Dual-Threat QB's headed into Week #12

Jordan
LYNCH 6’-0 216 (jr.)….Northern Illinios….5[SUP]th[/SUP] LEADING Rusher in U.S. 1,342 Yards (134.2 per game) 16 TD’s! Has runs of 88, 71, 73…2,175 Yards passing 19 TD’s

Collin KLEIN 6’-5” 226…(Sr) Kansas State..Heisman Front Runner?? 753 yards rushing 19 TD’s….2,020 yds Passing..12 TD’s

Johnny MANZIEL 6’-1” 200 (193?) (RS-Fr) Texas A&M….SEC Leading Rusher 1,014 yards 15 TD’s…2,780 passing..18 TD’s

Taylor MARTINEZ 6’-1” 200 (Jr) Nebraska …770 yards rushing 8 TD’s (80 yd TD run)…2,112 passing..19 TD’s

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
All great QBs with fantastic running ability.
If they had played in the 70s, they might have been running backs.
Instead, whites with running ability become QBs in today's football.
I guess it's a blessing given today's football world in which white RBs barely exist.

Highlander

Mentor
Switched over to the N. Ill vs Toledo game to catch Jordan Lynch but surprised to see Toledo being relatively White-friendly this year. Last year their defense was all coal, this year I see four palefaces there.

Lynch looking very good, with the exception of the INT he just threw (that was intercepted by a White player and returned for about 50 yards.) Crisp and accurate passing combined with the running skills of a very good RB. In a fair world, he'd have an opportunity to play in the NFL. He should be starting for a major D1 program.

It's still in the 3rd QTR and Lynch is:

21-29, 379 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT with 89 yards rushing on 20c...or 468 total yards and 3 TDs.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Lynch is very impressive both passing and running the ball. A really entertaining player to watch.

Highlander

Mentor
Lynch finished with:

25-36, 407 yds, 3 TDs, 1 INT
30c for 162 yards

569 total yards and 3 TDs

seattlefan

Guru
Eric Breitenstein putting up 100+ yards rushing vs South Carolina. Zach Zwinak also has 100+ against Indiana.

Riddlewire

Master
In an important game versus a reengineered and invigorated opponent, Arkansas State finally discovers that they have a 6'4" track star wide receiver with hands of superglue. It only took them until the end of his senior year. So far, Taylor Stockemer has 5 catches for 107 yards and a touchdown at halftime in ASU's game against Troy.

Highlander

Mentor
Colin Klein wasn't one of the three "Impact Players" that BSPN selected when they brought up that segment. That's right, the top Heisman candidate in the country isn't even one of the top three players on his own team according to them. What douches...

Klein with the TD pass.

Riddlewire

Master
Jeff Woody, RB Iowa State
7 carries, 86 yards, 1TD
2 minutes before Halftime

Had to point this out. How often do white running backs get opportunities for big performances in the Big 12?

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
"Colin Klein wasn't one of the three "Impact Players" that BSPN selected when they brought up that segment. That's right, the top Heisman candidate in the country isn't even one of the top three players on his own team according to them. What douches..."

I was thinking they stopped introducing the starting lineups so as not to tip off the DWFs that they are essentially watching an affirmative action football game.

But the "impact players" are almost always coal.

Highlander

Mentor
Looks like Alabama (or the SEC) is back in the NC game :icon_sad: as both #1 K-State and #2 Oregon (not that I'm not glad they were beaten by a very White-friendly Stanford) go down to defeat.

BSPN sportscasters and talking heads changing their underwear now as I write this...

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Just watched Stanford beat #2 Oregon.
Stanford's defense was amazing. Oregon only scored 14 pts.
I didn't really check, but it seemed that Stanford's defensive line and linebackers were all or mostly white. They really shut down the 'dynamic' 'explosive' athletes of Oregon.
Also Stanford's red-shirt freshman QB, Kevin Hogan looked very good, and their TE, Zach Ertz, was exceptional.
This is a team to root for, and really always has been.
But for the past 3 or 4 years, starting with Gerhart and then Luck, they have been one of the top teams in the country, with majority white starters and white superstars.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
It'll likely be the Bama Ebony Tide or thUGA BlackDawgs to face ND for the national title.

On the bright side, how about Zach Ertz...11 catches for 106 yards and a TD. :smile:

On a side note, Georgia Tech RB with 18 carries for 72 yards + 2 catches for 40 yards + a TD...112 yards total offense. :thumbsup:

Highlander

Mentor
Just watched Stanford beat #2 Oregon.
Stanford's defense was amazing. Oregon only scored 14 pts.
I didn't really check, but it seemed that Stanford's defensive line and linebackers were all or mostly white. They really shut down the 'dynamic' 'explosive' athletes of Oregon.
Also Stanford's red-shirt freshman QB, Kevin Hogan looked very good, and their TE, Zach Ertz, was exceptional.
This is a team to root for, and really always has been.
But for the past 3 or 4 years, starting with Gerhart and then Luck, they have been one of the top teams in the country, with majority white starters and white superstars.
Yep. In a fair world, their White LBs and DLs would be high draft picks. Excellent quickness and speed to go along with their size and strength.

Both Stanford's Ertz and ND's Tyler Eifert should go high in the NFL Draft as Tight Ends.

Riddlewire

Master
If LSU had lost to Ole Miss today (they should have), and Florida State beats Florida next week, then I suspect the BCS computer average would've favored FSU+Notre Dame in the title game. FSU is a worse caste team than Alabama, of course. But that was really the only way to not have an SEC team in the title game.

Highlander

Mentor
It'll be interesting to see who the Caste media now anoints as the top Heisman candidate after K-State's loss and Klein's poor performance, although Klein only had their reluctant support anyway and were just waiting for a sub par performance from him to disqualify him.

I'm guessing they'll be pushing either Te'o from ND or Miller from Ohio State. I also saw an article today on Louisville's QB; some Caste reporter pushing him as a legitimate Heisman contender.

referendum

Mentor
I'm worried that Notre Dame loses to USC, and then we could have some Alabama Florida State blackfest. I was actually rooting for Oregon over a whiter Stanford, because and Oregon team even with a mixed race QB, loads of black skill position players etc etc still has about 3 times as many white starters as your typical SEC team. Too bad Stanford lost narrowly to Washington earlier this year.
Also, if Ohio State wasn't on probation they'd be in the mix, and in spite of their black QB, so much whiter than so many of the other allegedly top teams.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Just going through Stanford's defensive depth chart.
Two of their best defensive starters - Henry Anderson and Chase Thomas - are from the Atlanta area.
Wonder why they weren't picked up by one of the SEC schools!?

FYI...Stanford's defense came into the game leading the nation in sacks, tackles for loss, and least yards allowed.
Pretty impressive!

Highlander

Mentor
I'm worried that Notre Dame loses to USC, and then we could have some Alabama Florida State blackfest. I was actually rooting for Oregon over a whiter Stanford, because and Oregon team even with a mixed race QB, loads of black skill position players etc etc still has about 3 times as many white starters as your typical SEC team. Too bad Stanford lost narrowly to Washington earlier this year.
Also, if Ohio State wasn't on probation they'd be in the mix, and in spite of their black QB, so much whiter than so many of the other allegedly top teams.
I was worried about that earlier, too. Especially with how their AA QB has performed in some big games against higher quality opponents. I did see that Barkley was injured and may be questionable for next week's game.

Riddlewire

Master
It'll be interesting to see who the Caste media now anoints as the top Heisman candidate after K-State's loss and Klein's poor performance, although Klein only had their reluctant support anyway and were just waiting for a sub par performance from him to disqualify him.

I'm guessing they'll be pushing either Te'o from ND or Miller from Ohio State. I also saw an article today on Louisville's QB; some Caste reporter pushing him as a legitimate Heisman contender.

Until next weekend's games, I suspect Te'o will be the "unquestioned" number one, according to the media. I'm sure they'll now throw Tavon Austin into the top three. Klein will be booted from the leaderboard, even though his performance was about average for him. He can't play defense for the Wildcats, too. This game shouldn't affect his standing any more than Griffin's three losses last year hurt him. But white players must live up to impossible standards to even get consideration to go to the ceremony. Look at Gerhart. He was the best runningback in the country according to every possible means of measurement. Still not enough.

If I had a vote, it would be Jordan Lynch. He's the most "dynamic playmaker" in college football.