Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

the argie

Guru
Twinsen9 said:
Thanks The Argie !

Where do you find that ?

Je cherche par internet etje lis l'equipe, Marca, etc (par internet aussi, mais, quelques fois, je les achète)Edited by: the argie

the argie

Guru
DSC-0577.JPG

Not only for sprint.

the argie

Guru
Meeting Stuttgart
60 m

List of participants:
1 Christophe Lemaitre
2 Mike Rodgers
3 Mark Lewis-Francis.
5Tobias Unger
6Craig Pickering
7 Lerone Clarke
8 Marius Broening
9 Christian Blum
10 Alexander Kosenkow
11 Roman Smirnov
12 Martin Keller
14 Emanuele Di Gregorio

Mi Favorite: I believe Mike Rodgers will win.

white lightning

Hall of Famer

white lightning

Hall of Famer
The Sparkensen Cup is a sell out. It's going to be quite the show. Sailer had to pull out due to a back injury but we will get to see Povh for the women. She has the fastest 60 time in all of Europe and the 2nd fastest in the world. Lemaitre is bringing in the crowds.
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.leichtathletik.de/index.php%3FNavID%3D1%26SiteID%3D28%26NewsID%3D31280&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dgerman%2Bathletics%26hl%3Den&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhiAD7VpNXe1C8n7-qGgs-jrxu6RjQ

mastermulti

Master
we certainly can't "sell out" for track and field meetings over here.
The entire continent doesn't even have one indoor venue.

Increasingly people don't want to participate (or watch I suspect) out here due to some of the high temperatures we get during the athletic season. Last thing I want to do on a 35C+ (100F)humid day is be out in the sun, either training or watching.

This Euro meet should be fascinating. I just have to remember that my clocks are 10 hours ahead of Germany

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Your the best argie. You find the coolest videos anywhere. You must have some close connections or else you live in France. Either way, we appreciate you keeping us up to date with the latest news on Christophe. It looks like he is really getting some good training in while still having fun. I think it's important that he is still able to joke around, play games, and just enjoy life too. It will help keep him focused. I don't see how anyone could not like this kid. He is a pleasure to watch on and off the track. Nice ending with the blonde girl in the bikini giving him a kiss. What a lucky guy! Good luck Christophe. I can't wait for the season to begin on Saturday.

Twinsen9

Guru
Hey ! Do you think Christophe can run under 10" this month or in march ?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
He is not running any 100's until the outdoor season unless it's in training. He is focused on the 60 meters. He needs to try and run it in the high 6.40's! His p.b. over 60 meters is 6.55 seconds but he needs to improve that to get closer to the big 3 of Bolt, Gay and Powell.

Twinsen9

Guru
Yeah you're right, sorry, I thank he will run a 100 meters in march. I'm wrong.<div>
</div><div>About the 60 meters, I think he can run maybe near 6,49-6,51.</div>

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Thanks for posting the video but it won't play in the United States. Can you please try to post it to youtube if possible? Thanks.

trackster

Mentor
God, it just keeps getting worse. He's now got four 60 times under his belt this year and every time is slower than his slowest time for all of last season. Apparently, eating hamburgers and changing time zones every two weeks is no way to improve. Who would have thought? This is bad. Very bad. It appears Christophe has the talent but not the head to make it to the next level. The only good news is that if he continues to suck this royally, he'll run out of invitations to countries in other time zones, and maybe he'll stay home and learn to eat right and train. Or not. What a wasteful, shameful, embarrassing start to the season. The eyes of the world are on him, and now he's just proving that white guys can't run after all. And, oh yeah, he got his ass kicked running a slow time in the 200, too (21.18). Good lord. Remember when we used to think he could run with Bolt?

albinosprint

Mentor
they shouldn't have ran him so quick. only a few days rest and scheduled to run two races was not smart. truthfully, beside for a half dozen spaced out 60m, I don't think he should be running indoors. dose anyone know when he races next? I hope he gets a good 7 days rest next time.

FastEuro

A little shocked at his dismal performances. My take is this...His training away was not as intense as they claimed (done for the cameras) so he could be undertrained or his training has been very intense and his muscles have not yet recovered from it and synced with his natural speed of contraction. He may be in a healing phase.<div>
</div><div>Helping my nephew increase his jump I had him work with heavy weights for 3 weeks - just pure heavy lifting and weighted jumps. He never lifted as heavy or intense as this. I assured him he would increase his vertical jump by increasing his strength, since he was lacking much strength. After about 3 weeks, I told him to just play basketball and light stretches for the week before testing. Guess what? He jumped 3 inches less than usual and was very upset with me. I told him, his body probably has still not recovered. Gave another week, no training, just playing ball, stretching. We tested - He jumped 3 inches more than ever.</div><div>
</div><div>In Lemaitre's case,simply, it could be his body, still relatively young, was not used to very heavy training which it seems he was doing on his trip to Japan and Florida. Hopefully this is the case, or we may have another Shirvo on our hands. I pray not.</div>

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Hey guys. I'm just as dissapointed as you are but don't be so hard on the kid. He is not in racing shape. Yes this is frustrating to us and him but he will get it straightened out before too long. I could care less about the Indoor Champs in Paris. It would be cool but outdoors is what really matters. That is why most of the big names skip the indoor season. Lemaitre has a long time to get ready for the summer and he will be ready. The World Championships are going to be great!

Jenny Meadows looked dominant in the 800 today. She is quite a talent. Olesya Povh just continues to win. She has to be the favorite for Paris. I just hope they don't burn her out before the summer. I would much rather see her get to a flat 11 or sub 11 than dominate indoors. She is so explosive. Keep it up Olesya!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
In the same meet Sebastian Ernst won the 200m in 20.93 with Lemaitre 2nd in 21.18.
There were only 3 runners in the race.Edited by: jacknyc

Status
Not open for further replies.