Christophe Lemaitre "White Lightning" 9.92 and 19.80!

Status
Not open for further replies.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I'm shocked that Guliyev is running in that same event. I thought he had called it a season. Both of these guys need to take some time off. I'm shocked that Christophe is racing this late into the outdoor season. Maybe they will not do much indoors. He needs time to relax for around a month and then hit the weights hard. I'm afraid they are going to burn the kid out. I love to follow his races but it's time to call it a season.

trackster

Mentor
He's young. He can run every day. Very exciting to see Guliyev's name. Maybe he's gotten his training back on track and will follow Christophe to a good time.

albinosprint

Mentor
trackster said:
He's young.  He can run every day.   Very exciting to see Guliyev's name.  Maybe he's gotten his training back on track and will follow Christophe to a good time.   

yeah, I hope he has found a good coach and gets back on track for next year. there is no reason this kid can't break 10 and would have already broke 20 if his dad didn't die this year. I hope Lemaitre pulls him to a PR on the 19th
smiley1.gif

Twinsen9

Guru

But his progress this year is only 0,06 (10,03 in 2009, 9,97 in 2010).

And you say he can run 9,87 in 2011 ! A progress of 0,10 ?

Ok with good (and legal) wind, but with wind 0.0, if CL do that, I'll be very impressed...

I hope you're right however.

Edited by: Twinsen9

freedom1

Mentor
Lemaitre: "More positive" Saturday to the occasion of the Décanation, Christophe Lemaitre will dispute his next-to-last race of a rich season in emotions and performances. Triple prize-winning of now to the Europes of Barcelona, the sprinteur d'Aix-les-Bains beat two times the record of France of the 100 m, passing to three returns under the 10 seconds. It goes back over a year 2010 that it is not ready to forget.

Has Split at the time of the continental Cutting. (Reuters) And also... The calendar 2010LES better perfs 2010VOTRE season touches on his end with the Décanation Saturday, which report in do you pull? Indeed, this will be my next-to-last race, I will be at Kawasaki to Japan September 19. The report is more positive. Before the Championships of Europe of Barcelona, I thought about a minimum of two give an award to of which an in now, and to the arrival I have three give an award to of now, it was more hoped! And then I beat the record of France on the 100 and the 200 Mr. It is only happiness.

Other objective that you attained, the regularity... Yes, that this be in Diamond League or to Barcelona, I had uniform performances underneath 10"10. It was a good dynamics to progress throughout the season, to party the 10"20 to Lille, where it was my return race a months after Europes, and Milan (Thursday), where it was cool and where there was few competition (10"18). The wintry work at the level of the important one and musculation paid also.

Other symbol of your regularity, the fact to be passed three times under the 10 seconds. Was not this necessarily foreseen in your objectives, no? That confirms that what I did is not had at random and that I had them in the legs.

You did you set up a time for 2011? No, of the all, that will come later. I know not again my potential reality, fairly. So better than I do not know it, as that one does not set up oneself any limit.

"Chronométriquement, I am very far"

In this rather season well full, did you have the time to take the decline and to appreciate your tremendous season? Appreciate, it was a not very difficult one. To Barcelona, after one gives an award to, I could not relax me for the others chase arrived. After Europes, I had a little time but the return of the work did not delay for I had other visible meetings. After Kawasaki, this will be finished, this is not too early (laugh).

Exactly, do you saturate not today? You have nonetheless disputed 48 races before Annecy (1). Not I do not saturate, I not some have laughs to run, but in comparison with the time that that takes me, it is true that that begins doing. 48 races, I had that that impresses me, I thought not as much. That does a lot effectively.

What did you keep of the 100 m of Holy denis (2)? I saw the margin that it remained me to fill to be part of the better and than i one must work again a lot. Chronométriquement, I am very far, it lacks me again some years of training and of experience to the highest level.

Does a word on this Décanation that unfold itself Saturday in your birth city? Even if that will be a little special for me, I will be as usual at the race. I will prepare it with the same concentration.

1: 18 on 100 m, 10 (200 m), 6 (4x100 m) and 14 (60 m) all confused seasons.

2: At the time of the French step of the Diamond League, Lemaitre ran between Usain Bolt and Asafa Powell. The French finished 5E in 10"09

trackster

Mentor
Well, youth notwithstanding, he's definitely fading late in the season. He finished second before the home crowd, managing only 10.16, into a headwind (FWIW, he ran into a headwind the previous week, too). Looks like he's wearing down. One more race and then he needs to switch to offseason training and blow our 2011 predictions off the boards!

waterbed

Mentor
Twinsen9 said:
 But his progress this year is only 0,06 (10,03 in 2009, 9,97 in 2010).And you say he can run 9,87 in 2011 ! A progress of 0,10 ?Ok with good (and legal) wind, but with wind 0.0, if CL do that, I'll be very impressed...I hope you're right however.

His fastest was 10.04 and by a big margin not 10.03 in 2009 and that 10.04 was run with nearly perfect Reaction time of 0.12.Taking in reaction time and wind his 10.06 -1.2 with 0.175 RT was 0.119 seconds better runned then his 10.04 0.2 in 2009.And with the 0.0 wind i did mean when it is his best race of the season,difficult to explain but example his 10.06 -1.2 was his best race and would be 9.99 without wind.It can be that he runs his best race next year 9.87 with 1.0 wind but that wouldn't say that he can't be have runned 9.87 0.0 in another race where he was in his best shape but runned into a headwind( if in his 10.06 race the wind was like in final valence 100 meter his time would be 9.91 or so).Or other race were he had a reaction slower then 0.20 or so but runned very well and better then in his PB race.So i did mean if you take his fastest race takin in the wind then his fastest could be 9.87 with 0.0 wind.But maybe I was a bit to much positive about him.

smiley36.gif

there is room for improvement 0.05 seconds technically or so and ? non technically.I have not so good knowledge about track as WL and a lot others on this board BTW I just follow it for a few years.
I always played soccer and never fanatic till I was 16 and then I analysed what I was missing for being pro then I byed dvd's and youtube came in the same time and analysed all the best movements of the best players of all time.I did know from myself that i most of the time see fast how it is done so it helped me a lot.Bu then i get something strange in my legs 2 years ago and will probably never know how far I could have come.

mastermulti

Master
"But his progress this year is only 0,06 (10,03 in 2009, 9,97 in 2010)."

just to follow the post above... he ran a perfect 10.04 last year:first out, great reaction time, relaxed and relatively unpushed.

This year he's always had to play catch up, he's reacted badly, transition phase only moderate at best and yet he's been able to beat last years's time on 5 times and even been close with negative wind. So his consistency has been terrific whreas last year was a one-off and far and away the best of his season.

I'm thinking close to 9.90 next season but he'll ideally need lots of electronic timings in varying weather conditions and with differing levels of opposition so he can learn to perform in any circumstances

LoLy

Guru
<t><t></t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><table style="border: medium none; border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr>
<td style="border: 1pt solid; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 460.6pt;" colspan="3" valign="top" width="614">
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">2011 bet</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<td style="border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 153.5pt;" valign="top" width="205">
<div>Name</div></td>
<td style="border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 153.55pt;" valign="top" width="205">
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">100 m</div></td>
<td style="border-width: medium 1pt 1pt medium; border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 153.55pt;" valign="top" width="205">
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">200m</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<td style="border-width: medium 1pt 1pt; border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 153.5pt;" valign="top" width="205">
<div>White lightning</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center"></div> 9.85
</td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.95</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Loly</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.88</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.70</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Twinsen9</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.91</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.85</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Zellgadis</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.90-9.95</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">Sub 20</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Trackster</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.89</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Mastermulti</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">low 9.90s
</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">sub 20
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Albinosprint</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.90</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.91
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Whiteisright</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center"></div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center"></div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Bk21</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.87</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.80</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>observer</div></td>
<tr>
<div>fasteuro</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.89</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.88
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>waterbed</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.96
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Freddie</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.86</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">20.31</div></td></tr></t></table>here is the latest update. Still some prediction are missing like WL'one. the average of this numbers is low 9.90s for 100m and low 19.90s for 200m. Now just wait and see.
Edited by: LoLy

white lightning

Hall of Famer
OK here is my preditction fo next season. Drum roll please.

100 Meters - 9.85

200 Meters - 19.95

He doesn't run enough in the deuce for me to see him going too far under the 20 second barrier. The 100 meters is another story. Christophe loves to run the 100. It is the premier event in all of track and field. Barring a serious injury, Lemaitre will go 9.85 next year! I know that is a huge improvement but with "PepeLeFlew", anything is possible!Edited by: white lightning

trackster

Mentor
Here's a little more about his race from yesterday. I wish we had a video (can any of our French amis find one?), as it sounds like LeMaitre was falling all over the place, having to slow down and restart. Sheesh, he's inexperienced. Reminds me of his 200m victory at the Euros when he was pretty much dead last coming out of the curve. LeMaitre figures his missteps at Decanation yesterday cost him at least a tenth. Guys, can you IMAGINE what he could do if he ever got it right and ran a perfect race???

Anyway, here's a cut-and-paste from the article:

Rodgers had a better start than Lemaitre on his left side, who drove
into the American's lane. As he realised his mistake, the Frenchman
slowed down and accelerated anew. Visibly disturbed, he had another
change of rhythm after the midway point before injecting a desperate
surge of acceleration into the finish line. Rodgers won in 10.13 from
Lemaitre's 10.16, an impressive time considering his erratic race into a
-0.8 wind.

"I'm very disappointed, that's the first time this
has happened to me," Lemaitre said. Actually, a tricky track design (the
lanes symbolising the end of the curve being more visible than the
dotted lines at the beginning of the straightaway) might be the culprit
as three runners switched lanes in the same way during the European Cup
in 2008, the last major event held in Annecy. "Honestly, I guess this
cost me a least one tenth. I don't care about the time, I wanted to win
at home today and collect the maximum of points for the French team.
Anyway I start to get tired after Barcelona, I need a break soon." He
will end his long but successful season in Kawasaki, Japan, on 19
September.

LoLy

Guru
<t><t></t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><t></t><table style="border: medium none; border-collapse: collapse;" border="1" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><t><tr>
<td style="border: 1pt solid; padding: 0cm 5.4pt; width: 460.6pt;" colspan="3" valign="top" width="614">
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">2011 bet</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Name</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">100 m</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">200m</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>White lightning</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center"></div> 9.85
</td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.95</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Loly</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.70</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Twinsen9</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.91</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.85</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Zellgadis</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">Sub 20</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Trackster</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.89</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Mastermulti</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">low 9.90s
</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">sub 20
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Albinosprint</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.90</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.91
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Whiteisright</div></td>
<tr>
<div>Bk21</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.80</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>j41181</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.95-20.01</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>fasteuro</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.89</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.88
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>waterbed</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">19.96
</div></td></tr>
<tr>
<div>Freddie</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">9.86</div></td>
<div style="text-align: center;" align="center">20.31</div></td></tr></t></table>
100m: between 9.85 and 9.95
200m: between 19.70 and 20.31

Average:
100m: 9.887
200m: 19.92

LoLy

Guru
As he's getting really tired, here is some PEDs I recommend him for his next race in the KAWASAKI meeting :

Kawasaki_Ninja_ZX_14_2009_Motorcycle.jpg

mastermulti

Master
what capacity is the bike shown? I can't tell now 'cause the new 250cc Ninja looks like its big brothers.

Best selling 250 in Australia by a mile.

OOps! yes... Lemaitre's thread.
I think he needs to give his nervous system a rest. That needs recovery just like the muscles, tendons, bones etc. He may be mentally fatigued too with the expectations placed upon him this year (which he's mostly achieved)

j41181

Master
This Frenchy dude is for real, and I'm forever glad he's broken the 10 second barrier (3 times in fact). That puts the age old stereotype question to rest. So nice to see a white guy achieve elite sprinting status.

He really just needs to improve his reaction time from the block, while adding muscle in both his upper and lower body parts. Avoiding injury also helps. Either, I'm looking forward to his future races.

The real question now begins, can he win an Olympic and World Championship medal? Can he match the (most likely doping) Jamaicans?

Only time, and Lemaitre alone can answer that.

My 2011 and 2012 predictions for Lemaitre:

2011 - 9.90-95 (100 m), 19.95-20.01 (200 m)
2012 - 9.85-90 (100 m), 19.90-19.95 (200 m)

This will be my last post for now, might not be around for a while.

Bk21

Guru
extremely rare footage about Christophe Lemaître SPEAKING ENGLISH!!
he speaks like a genuine frenchman! if somebody speaks english please translate what he is saying (just kidding but it's a bit funny): the journalist and Christophe juggle between two languages:

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/speaker/6877-christophe-lemaitre/339837-christophe-lemaitre-2058-at-meeting-de-luminy-interview-and-racefootage

http://www.flotrack.org/videos/coverage/view_video/236703-meeting-pas-de-calais-2010/313603-christophe-lemaitre-wins-60m-in-livinEdited by: bk21

Twinsen9

Guru
Lol ce sont de "vieilles" vidéos, je les avais déjà vues.

Sure, his english is very poor... So what, he speaks english. How many runners speak french ? :)

Edited by: Twinsen9

mastermulti

Master
His English will improve as quickly as his profile does.

He'll be fluent in 5 years or so because he now feels a need for it, the basis of all efficient learning

freedom1

Mentor
Well, it's already almost noon in Tokyo, so by tomorrow morning we'll know how his season ends up. Even though our other guys didn't come through, Christophe made this a great year for us.

He'll get some much deserved rest. Then in to the weight room with a good trainer.

Only 20 years old, damn!!

Wariner will be kicking ass next year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.