Christchurch Earthquake

Kiwi

Hi guys,

Earlier today Christchurch (New Zealand), my home town, suffered a major earthquake which has destroyed much of our central city. We have already had 65 confirmed deaths throughout the city, with many people trapped under rubble and in burning buildings. This is on the heels of a 7.1 magnitude earthquake which happened here back in September of last year.

The death toll is likely to rise in time, so I would appreciate it if you could remember us in your thoughts and prayers today, as this is a pretty terrible day for Christchurch and all of New Zealand.

Thanks guys

foobar75

Master
Kiwi, I heard the news earlier this evening here in the US. It's indeed a black day down there, and yes, my prayers are with you and the people of New Zealand.

I find it very interesting how much press and attention Haiti has gotten during and since their earthquake here in Amerika, but barely a mention about first and now 2nd Christchurch earthquake. No surprise there.
smiley7.gif

Sure, the loss of human life is considerably less, but still, the city has been devastated. Let's hope the death toll does not rise any further.
smiley6.gif

Westside

Hall of Famer
God speed to your country Kiwi. I will pray for them tonight.

Rebajlo

Mentor
Kiwi - Sincerest condolences from Australia, mate.My thoughts and prayers are with our brothers and sistersfrom across the Tasman. Your pain is our pain.

Flag-Pins-Australia-New-Zealand.jpg

Kiwi

Thanks for your support guys. Its midnight here now and the end of a very long day. The rain has set in and there are still possibly hundreds of people trapped under rubble overnight. However, tomorrow we will hopefully begin the clean-up operation again and try to rebuild our city.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
My thoughts and prayers are with you my friend. God speed to rescue as many people as possible. Keep us up to date on what's going on. Take care my friend.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
We'll be praying for the people who have been affected by this earthquake and for the search for survivors.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the link and the somewhat dismissive attitude, jaxvid.