CF All NFL Team

Stonewall

Guru
With as many good white players as we have out there, it's tough to select just 22 for an All NFL Team. If everything was on the line and I had to win one game,listed beloware the men I would go with.

Gentlemen, obviously I'd enjoy seeing what types of teamsother forum members wouldput together.(On offense, I went with a 3 receiver set. On defense, I went with a 3-4 alignment)

Offense

QB Tom Brady

RB Brian Leonard

WR Kevin Curtis

WR Joe Jurevicius

WR Wes Welker

TE Jason Witten

T Matt Light

T Chad Clifton

G Alan Faneca

G Steve Hutchinson

C Jeff Saturday

Defense

DE Patrick Kerney

DT Kelly Gregg

DE Aaron Kampman

OLB Mike Vrabel

OLB Keith Brooking

ILB Brian Urlacher

ILB Barrett Ruud

CB Brian Russell

CB Eric Weddle

FS Stuart Schweigert

SS John Lynch

ShowSomePride

I like it
smiley32.gif

The only thing I would change is the TE to Tony Scheffler. Even though he's a little unproven, I really think he's going to be one of the best ever by the time he retires.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
Stonewall said:
With as many good white players as we have out there, it's tough to select just 22 for an All NFL Team. If everything was on the line and I had to win one game, listed below are the men I would go with.

Gentlemen, obviously I'd enjoy seeing what types of teams other forum members would put together. (On offense, I went with a 3 receiver set. On defense, I went with a 3-4 alignment)

Offense

QB Tom Brady

RB Brian Leonard

WR Kevin Curtis

WR Joe Jurevicius

WR Wes Welker

TE Jason Witten

T Matt Light

T Chad Clifton

G Alan Faneca

G Steve Hutchinson

C Jeff Saturday

Defense

DE Patrick Kerney

DT Kelly Gregg

DE Aaron Kampman

OLB Mike Vrabel

OLB Keith Brooking

ILB Brian Urlacher

ILB Barrett Ruud

CB Brian Russell

CB Eric Weddle

FS Stuart Schweigert

SS John Lynch

Ok, call me crazy, but if I were going to put a team together for the season and give them a training camp to rub the rust off I would put a few unproven players in on the team based on potential.

The changes I'd make to your roster would be putting Tre Smith ahead of Leonard at HB. Tre is a Brian Westbrook type player who I think is definitely better than Leonard. I'd put Matt Jones in place of Jurevicius. I'd put Shockey in place of Witten b/c I think he's the better player with a less talented QB who doesn't look his way enough. I'd also put Dustin Fox ahead of Brian Russel at CB.

jared

Mentor
I like youth. I would probably have Dustin Fox, Eric Weddle, Sean Considine and Stuart Schweigert. LB's would include either Posluszny or Hawk, if not both. Jared Allen and AK74 would be my DE's in a 4-3, not sure who would play next to Gregg, Carriker hasn't been very impressive, maybe Igor Olshansky would be up to the task.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Looks like we'd have almost enough really good players to start two All CF teams!

backrow

Hall of Famer
jared said:
Carriker hasn't been very impressive, maybe Igor Olshansky would be up to the task.

oh, i beg to differ. Carriker hasn't been getting great stats but he's been pretty impressive at times.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
I actually overlooked Drew Bennett. Now that I think of it, I would probably put Bennett ahead of Matt Jones b/c Bennett is a tougher receiver and is a better route runner and still has solid speed. Bennett would be perfect as my number two WR. I already have Kevin Curtis as my deep threat. Welker would be my slot guy.

Edited to add: My three backup WRs would be 4. Matt Jones
5. Brandon Stokley 6. Veteran Kevin Kasper who would be great if given a shot!

My HB depth chart would be:
1. Jesse Lumsden
2. Tre Smith (change of pace back)
3. Brian Leonard
4. Heath Evans
5. Dan Burks
FB: Madison Hedgecock

I only included guys who have been out of football for two years or less.
Edited by: ToughJ.Riggins

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
I'd put this team against any all-black NFL all-star team. I guarantee the whites would win quite easily, just like they do in boxing, wrestling, UFC and international soccer and basketball.

Stonewall

Guru
I strongly concur, Liverlips. Our team is vastly superior to any black team that would be put together at the two areas most vital to winning football: 1) Quarterbackand 2)Offensive and Defensive Lines (controlling the trenches).

Our pass rushers are too strong and too quick for the sumos they have on the offensive line. Our men would be all over McNabb, Young, Garrard, or any QB they could find. Maybe they'll give Tavaris Jackson some playing time, or bring Tony Banks back.
smiley36.gif

Our receivers complement each other perfectly, we've got speed burners, slot receivers, and tall physical playmakers. At running back, we can mix it up with an array of multitalented backs like Leonard, Evans, et all. I could go on and on all day with this one.

Could you imagine what the public reaction would be if a White vs. Black game was set to really occur?

remark22

I'd want Zach Thomas in the linebacking core, he's a tackling machine with a great nose for the ball. even though he's a bit older, he's still got it and he'd be a great leader of for D.