Caste matchups week one

dwid

Hall of Famer
Im sorry but I actually like the inverted veer, especially when our White quarterbacks just take it up the gut, even guys like Dalton were doing this last year. Its not much different from the old triple option that Nebraska was running, same concepts except the field is spread out (In fact Nebraska ran inverted veer with Martinez). It won't ruin college football. What we will see happen is teams recruiting "speedier" defenders but they will have to sacrifice in size. Then the next big thing will be power football teams, just line up power football and ram it own their throats. This is what Stanford does. The whole point of the spread/zone read etc was to create an advantage for lesser matched teams, but that is no longer the case since plenty of teams are running it. Teams already figured out how to stop/slow down the basic zone read, its only a matter of time before all spread teams are slowed down. We won't be seeing video game stats like last year when defensive coordinators struggled to catch up. Eventually they will because there are only so many running plays you can run out of shotgun, although the pistol is kind of changing that. The disadvantage I have seen with the pistol is that teams are still limited, they are able to run downhill but they can't run the stretch play successfully.

I just wish the concept was used more at Florida when Tebow was there. People talk about Newton because he rushed for more yards in a season, they weren't running inverted veer with Tebow like they did with Newton. It would have made perfect sense, have the midget guys like Demps the outside threats and have Tebow run up the middle. Instead they chose to mostly run regular zone read, speed option etc. With the zone read they had a 5'6 180 pound dive back and a 240 pound powerback (Tebow) running to the outside. At least they ran qb power etc, but I am positive if he had been in Auburn's offense last year the results wouldve been incredible.

offenses are always evolving, nothing we can do about it, just sit back and enjoy. Remember Spurrier's fun n gun? The NFL usually stays the same though, they might incorporate a few aspects (like Bellicheck sending McDaniels down to Florida before the 07 season to learn the UF offense and incorporate aspects of it into the Patriots offense).They set records that year.Brady threw 50 tds. Another plus with having spread formations (multiple receiver sets) is usually White guys get more of a chance at receiver, yeah it might be in the slot but what people don't understand is that in some of these pass happy spreads the slot receiver is just a runningback.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
What we will see happen is teams recruiting "speedier" defenders but they will have to sacrifice in size.

I disagree.
You're not thinking like a caste whore coach.

What we will see is more negroes being recruited to play quarterback, at all schools. Because, in modern coach-think, "running quarterback" = black quarterback. And the wider the inverted veer spreads across the college landscape, the more rosters will end up with mostly black quarterbacks. They all want their own Robert Griffin.

dwid

Hall of Famer
I disagree.
You're not thinking like a caste whore coach.

What we will see is more negroes being recruited to play quarterback, at all schools. Because, in modern coach-think, "running quarterback" = black quarterback. And the wider the inverted veer spreads across the college landscape, the more rosters will end up with mostly black quarterbacks. They all want their own Robert Griffin.

I don't think so, we won't see any more increase than we already have. The spread has been around for a while and White qbs have dominated the spread teams. At the end of the day you will need to pass, and once all of these little wrinkles in the run game are figured out in the spread teams will need a quarterback that can throw, and you don't really need a running qb to run it, you just need a guy that can get 5 to 10 yards like Dalton would do last year. Teams will eventually need balance in order to move it down the field. Tebow was the ultimate example of this. Denard Robinson declined last year and I think Newton wouldve declined this year as well.

The point I am trying to make, is no matter what scheme teams have been running they have been trying to forcefeed blacks into the quarterback position, but no matter what happens, Whites always wind up doing better. Those that do succeed, it means nothing because none of them have transitioned. Pat White was a failure. Newton has looked like crap and I think the same pattern will happen. And your forgetting that there are still pass happy spreads that don't run the inverted veer.

So yes caste coaches can recruit tons of affletic qbs but they have already been doing that.

Now as far as runningbacks transitioning from the spread to the NFL I agree, these backs really don't know how to run out of regular formations, but this is to the benefit of the White athlete imo, our guys adjust very easily. That is if our guys were given a chance in spread offenses. Rice uses it quite a bit with McGuffie and Zach Line runs mostly draw plays out of 4 receiver sets. They use the zone-read and inverted veer with Burkhead but also run him out of traditional formations and he excels at both.

Robert Griffin is going to get exposed as the season goes on so I am not worried about him.

Last edited:

Riddlewire

Master
Anyone else listening to the insanity from the broadcast booth in this Ohio State game?

They're wailing in anguish about Bauserman being so effective. They want him yanked because "it will wreck the confidence of your backup quarterback". I've never heard this argument made in the sport of football, ever.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Yeah, I heard it earlier when I flipped over eariler to the game. I couldn't believe it.

I was watching a college football preview show earlier this week and I heard more of the same BS from the hosts. They were saying,: "Ohio State is just so talented, you don't need Bauserman's experience when you can go with Miller's incredible playmaking abliltiy.":crazy:

Also, McGloin has looked better than Bolden, and has moved the offense more in the game against Indiana State, from what I've seen.

Highlander

Mentor
Yeah, here's Bleacher Report's first half take on the Penn St game:

And we have reached half time.

Penn State up 28-0 at the half on Indiana State and both quarterbacks have had pretty similar performances so far. The running game is leading the way and it looks as though there is stil time to give each quarterback some playing time to try and settle this competition before week two against Alabama.

McGloin, as expected, has the better passing numbers but keep in mind the dropped passes while Bolden was on the field. Really, this is still a dead heat for the starting job.

1:23 PM ET
Matt McGloin's third possession is one he probably would like to have back. He nearly handed Indiana State with a touchdown by trying to get rid of the ball (right to an ISU defensive lineman), and then promptly missed a screen pass intended for Beachum.

1:13 PM ET
Silas Redd is closing in on 100 yards in the game. After rushing for his second touchdown of the game, Penn State has taken a 28-0 lead on Indiana State.

McGloin's two possessions have now lead to touchdowns. He has had the benefit of having some more open receivers compared to when Bolden was on the field. We'll see if that stats take control of the debate moving forward.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No agenda here by Bleacher Report. Nope, none at all. Nothing to see here, please move along.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Trumpy with a nice 34 yard scamper! and he finished off the drive with a TD! Kuechly already has 11 tackles for BC and Steele Divitto looks good as well.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Bauserman just hit Stoneburner for another TD. Braxton Miller's confidence must be doing pretty bad now. Damn, a white man keeping blacks down again. :crazy:

Also McGloin scored with Penn State again.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
In the quarterback battle in Alabama AJ McCarron who started the game was 14/22 for 226 yards he also had 1 TD and 1 INT. Phillip Sims is 5/12 for 31 yards and 2 Ints he also had 2 rushes for -12 yards. So far the announcer can't stop talking about how Simms is the future of Alabama football.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
ESPN desperatly wants Sims to beat out McCarron for the job.

Anyway, it looks like the defending champs are about to get knocked out. Utah State is up 38-28 with 3:38 left to go.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I hope Utah State wins against Auburn. I know they are both pretty black schools, but it will help debunk the whole SEC is the greatist myth.

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
18 tackles for Kuechly and he's cramping up! This guy goes balls to the wall, gotta admire an opening game stat line like this against a spread team. BTW I like the way Trumpy runs and he seems like he plays chippy and isn't afraid to mix things up!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Wow Sean Sylvia can lay the wood! He's only a Redshirt Freshman :biggrin:

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
ESPN desperatly wants Sims to beat out McCarron for the job.

Anyway, it looks like the defending champs are about to get knocked out. Utah State is up 38-28 with 3:38 left to go.

I witnessed that Utah State score (TD run) to get to 38 points, but then I had to go grill some steak, and now I see that Auburn WON! What happened?

Highlander

Mentor
Burkhead with a nice 50 yard run...they say he stepped out at the ten, so Martinez finished it off on the next play with a 10 yard TD run. Both looked really fast.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
Notre Dame is looking lousy after the first quarter. On there first possesion they were on the one of South Florida and a fumble by the running back allowed a defensive player from South Florida to return the football for a TD. After that there offense has been virtually absent. I think this team is in for a long season. BJ Daniels is not a very good quarterback, but is looking great due to the fact that Norte Dame's front four sucks.

Hawkeye2

Mentor
I just went on ESPN and the poll question was How wooried are you about LSU quaterback situation and the two options were a little worried and very worried. How bias is that? Not maybe a third option say not at all worried.

Highlander

Mentor
Mississippi fans stand and cheer while "their" team takes the field!

Hawkeye2

Mentor
They go to the school they are going to root for that team. Update on the Notre Dame game, Notre Dame's black punt returner just fumbled the ball. I wouldn't bother watching the Ole Miss game because it's all blacks anyways.

Highlander

Mentor

Hawkeye2

Mentor
BYU spent the entire week soaking with there girlfriends. They can't even get the snap count down.

Highlander

Mentor
Taylor Martinez looks much better passing the ball this year. Quick release, fast, accurate and with a tight spiral.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Martinez just got a 43 yard rushing TD! 23-0 'Huskers at the half.

I'm hoping BYU can beat the "Rebels."