Caste Matchups for Week Ten

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Riddlewire said:
Announcer in the USC v Oregon St. game just said that Andrew Luck is tied with Cam Newton for best Pro-Style quarterback in the country. Yes, he actually said that.

And I wonder where Robert Griffin is ranked... he was awful while Landry Jones absolutely put on a clinic. Jones' has great timing with his receivers, and can make all the throws.

And Tyrod Taylor threw for only 94 yards, but, hey, his black quarterback opponent threw 3 picks in the 4th Quarter... "Revolutionizers" of the game..

Where's Denard? On second thought, where's Rich Rod?
smiley2.gif
(Getting ready to suffer another loss to Ohio State?)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I missed the end of the Nebraska game, so I can't comment on what happened. I sure hope that Nebraska beats Colorado and plays in the Big 12 Championship game.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Kirk Ferentz lacks killer instinct.. In the 2nd Quarter, on 3rd and 2 on Ohio State's 20, a pass-play is called and goes incomplete.

On 4th down, there's a FG attempt and it misses, just wide to the left. IMO, the game was lost right there.

Why not run the ball on 3rd and 2? If you don't make it, you are in 4 down territory anyways, and should also run on 4th down. If you can't get 2 yards in 2 downs (at the most), then, frankly, you deserve to lose!

The defense was playing well, but you can't count on it playing well the whole game. And, who thinks that the Ohio State offense is going to be "sleeping" all night? Iowa needed the first down, and then they could try for a TD.

Why can't Iowa be "Stanford-like"... Stanford usually racks up the points. Stanzi wasn't particularly sharp, but I don't blame him for this loss. There's also another issue... like Ferentz couldn't find a White powerback from somewhere in the Midwest? Adam Robinson was unable to run hard, and he kept getting stuffed.

On paper, Ohio State probably has more "weapons" on offense... so Ferentz really needed to show some intestinal fortitude. Too bad.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Its a shame so many great white players go to Ohio St. IMO Tressel has sold out and will only recruit black quarterbacks as long as he is the coach. Its a shame so many of these players (John Simon, Ross Homan, Dane Sazenbacher, the Boren Brothers) want to go to OSU because of the brand name. Hopefully in the future they will go to more white friendly programs.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I saw a high school game early this season that featured Ohio State black quarterback commit - Braxton Miller...

He got EXPOSED bigtime! He couldn't handle the pressure the defense sent his way. He was absolutely lost in the pocket and rattled.. he WAS rattled!

Probably another "Robert Bolden"...

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
I might be going against the grain here but I was happy to see the Ryan Tannehill lead the Aggies to a win against Nebraska. He has been able to capitalize on his opportunity. It also pleases me to see Jerrod Johnson's NFL stock plummet
smiley32.gif
Edited by: Leonardfan

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer

referendum

Mentor
Concerning Tressel and his love affair with black quarterbacks, I agree this is unfortunate and really irritating. In spite of that, I do have mixed feelings about the Buckeyes. If Brian Hartline or Anthony Gonzalez had gone to another school, would they have got the same national exposure that led to them being drafted into the NFL? Also, what about the stream of NFL linebackers like Hawk, Carpenter and Laurinaitis? Similar to my feelings when Oregon plays USC, I'll still root for the Buckeyes when they are playing a much less white team with a white QB, like last year when Ohio St played USC.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
It just baffles me that coaches like Tressel and Paterno only recruit blacks at QB because of their fit in the offense...it really makes no sense.

whiteCB

Master
Leonardfan said:
Its a shame so many great white players go to Ohio St. IMO Tressel has sold out and will only recruit black quarterbacks as long as he is the coach. Its a shame so many of these players (John Simon, Ross Homan, Dane Sazenbacher, the Boren Brothers) want to go to OSU because of the brand name. Hopefully in the future they will go to more white friendly programs.

Leonardfan you are talking out of your ass sir. Yes, Tressel has recruited black QBs but he did get a Heisman Trophy out of the one, Troy Smith. However, stop assuming he'll only recruit black QBs because you are WRONG! Last year he got a white QB named Taylor Graham. Name sound familiar? Well it should because he's the son of former 80s Buckeye QB Kent Graham. We should pray that coaches are as "caste" as Tressel. All the man has done is recruit one white player after another and send them to the NFL: AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Bobby Carpenter, Dustin Fox, Brian Hartline, Anthony Schlegel, Quinn Pitcock, Anthony Gonzalez, James Laurinitis, Austin Spitler.. do I need to go on.

So shame on you Leonardfan. Don't get your panties in a bunch because for a little period here there's a black guy under center in Columbus. There's white talent sprinkled out all over the field in other places you can root for on the Buckeyes roster. Stop being so nitpicky. Edited by: whiteCB

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
If Tressel's teams don't reach the "promised lannd" -- the media will be "less harsh" as long as he has a black quarterback at the helm. Tressel knows this..

Look at when Iowa crushed Penn State this season, the "announcers" had their panties in a bunch, constantly making excuses for Bolden and acting like he had a good game. Well, Penn State finished with 3 points I recall. Coaches' use black quarterbacks as "shields".. it's cowardly!

The anti-Whites would say, "coaches give White QBs time to develop.. why can't they give black QBs time?"

1--Actually, it's not uncommon for White QBs to be benched by a coach, fairly or unfairly.

2--These black quarterbacks are usually insanely overrated by all of the "scouting services".. That makes for a completely different dynamic. There's no two ways about it. Let's say that college football player's had 10 year's of eligibility.. many of these black quarterbacks' would still never "develop"...

3--Coaches' are intentionally focusing on recruiting black Midwest QBs when most Midwest QBs are White. I think it's a combination of the Caste System and plain laziness. How is that different from the railroading of White RBs, WRs, DBs and DL?

Personally, I have no problem with White linebackers' going to Ohio State, but do I think Tressel has developed a worrisome case of afrophilia? Yes I do!!

4--And, thrusting TRUE FRESHMAN blacks into the starting QB job.. almost always overrated they are.. is that a good idea or a good way to develop them? A lot of coaches are lacking in the brain department, and that's just a fact.

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
whiteCB said:
Leonardfan said:

Leonardfan you are talking out of your ass sir. Yes, Tressel has recruited black QBs but he did get a Heisman Trophy out of the one, Troy Smith. However, stop assuming he'll only recruit black QBs because you are WRONG! Last year he got a white QB named Taylor Graham. Name sound familiar? Well it should because he's the son of former 80s Buckeye QB Kent Graham. We should pray that coaches are as "caste" as Tressel. All the man has done is recruit one white player after another and send them to the NFL: AJ Hawk, Nick Mangold, Bobby Carpenter, Dustin Fox, Brian Hartline, Anthony Schlegel, Quinn Pitcock, Anthony Gonzalez, James Laurinitis, Austin Spitler.. do I need to go on.

So shame on you Leonardfan. Don't get your panties in a bunch because for a little period here there's a black guy under center in Columbus. There's white talent sprinkled out all over the field in other places you can root for on the Buckeyes roster. Stop being so nitpicky.

I don't wear panties, Im a boxer man
smiley2.gif
Its great that they have a second generation QB in Taylor Graham but I doubt Tressel is going to give him a shot when he has Ken Guiton and over-hyped Braxton Miller coming next year to take over for Pryor after he leaves. Maybe I am being a little nitpicky but its my opinion.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Leonardfan, if you criticize The Ohio State University football program, rightly or wrongly, expect to hear about it from whiteCB. I don't know about anyone else, but I tire of watching black QBs, no matter which team they play for. I haven't watched 5 minutes of Ohio State this year, simply because they have a black quarterback. Just my $.01, adjusted for inflation of course.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:
Leonardfan, if you criticize The Ohio State University football program, rightly or wrongly, expect to hear about it from whiteCB. I don't know about anyone else, but I tire of watching black QBs, no matter which team they play for. I haven't watched 5 minutes of Ohio State this year, simply because they have a black quarterback. Just my $.01, adjusted for inflation of course. 

My half-cent is I also grow tired of black quarterbacks & the pro-caste, unmerited hype they receive. Pryor (like "sCam" Newton) will be exposed in the NFL (as we've seen with Vince Young, etc.) as not having the mental accumen or pocket savvy to execute as an elite QB (ala Manning, Brady & Brees).

whiteCB

Master
Colonel_Reb said:
Leonardfan, if you criticize The Ohio State University football program, rightly or wrongly, expect to hear about it from whiteCB.

LOL you're right on that Col.Reb. Yeah, I am sorry if I jumped at ya leonardfan, we're all fans of the same type of player on this site so there's no use in getting into to computer keyboard cat fights.

Also I do agree wholeheartedly with the notion that these black black quarterbacks coming out of h.s. receive an insane amount of undeserved hype and that Tressel is in a little bit of a "phase". However, the man is playing a lot of white LB, WRs, and D-linemen so not all is lost. Ohio State is a NFL feeder program so when a white guy starts for them odds are they'll get a shot at playing on Sundays!!

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Ohio State has pumped out Anthony Gonzalez, Brian Hartline, and Dane Sanzenbacher all in recent years. I give them credit, but I also wonder how dominant they could be with a true QB. I agree whitecb, Tressel and company have done a great job of utilizing white talent on both offense and defense. However;as long as he keeps recuiting raw BlackQB prospects, Ohio State will never reach their full potential.

The other day I heard a college football announcer say "in some ways Pryor will be more polished than Cam Newton when it comes time for the pros." Lol sadly it may be true. Newton is very raw and only has to make one or two reads before he tucks the ball away in Gus Malzahns offense. Pryor has gotten better coaching, but I still think his best chance at the pros would be to switch over to TE
smiley2.gif