Caste matchups for week one

referendum

Mentor
This is by no means a complete list, but here are some games where there is a big difference in white starters between two opponents.
white starters in brackets.
Maryland (4) vs. Cal (8).
Missouri (9) vs. Illinois (4).
Michigan (7) vs. West. Michigan (13)
BYU (16) Oklahoma (6)

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I'd love to see BYU win, but if their defense can hang with the OU offense, I'll be satisfied. Go Western Michigan!
Edited by: Colonel_Reb

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
That is good news, green fire! They will have to try to beat BYU with the run or unproven receivers. Let's hope BYU's defense can take advantage of their lack of experience and get some interceptions.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
BYU/ Oklahoma is a big one! It will be the caste zealot's nightmare if BYU wins this game. BYU is seriously on the rise with the commitment of Jake Heaps this year by the way!

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
Missouri is crushing Zook's Florida North!! Oh, how I loathe Zook!

Leonardfan

Hall of Famer
Blaine Gabbert looks like the real deal! He is a first year starter, compare him to the much overrated 3 year starter juice williams who the announcers still make excuses for

green fire317

Banned
wow i am going to get caste alabama vs virginia tech on tv. can you guys keep me posted on the BYU game?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU and OU tied at 7 just before the half!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU 7 OU 10 at halftime. Bradford landed hard on his throwing shoulder with 7 seconds to go in the first half and left the game. Don't know how serious it is. We'll have to wait till the end of the half.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Bradford is out of the game and wearing a sling but BYU did nothing in their opening 2nd half drive.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Landry Jones is the QB for OU now. He's a redshirt Freshman. Another series goes nowhere for BYU. They need to be taking advantage of the game right now, but they are giving Oklahoma time to get on track.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU goes ahead 14-13 with less than 4 minutes to go! TD pass to McKay Jacobson.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
BYU wins 14-13! Huge Caste upset!
smiley32.gif

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Way to go, Cougers!
smiley32.gif

Props to Mizzou, they destroyed the Illini again this year. Edited by: Jack Lambert

Liverlips

Hall of Famer
Great day as now Cal is leading Maryland. Also, Maryland looks to be playing 2 whites on D and 5 on O. Not as caste as usual. Hope it is a trend.Edited by: Liverlips

celticdb15

Hall of Famer
Congrats to BYU!

green fire317

Banned
wow i just heard on the tv that if Bradford had not gone down OU would have rolled over BYU. When Bradford was in the game it was still very close!

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I doubt they would have rolled over BYU if Bradford was still in the game. It would have been a different game, but the BYU defense was playing some great football yesterday. I think it would have been close no matter what.

dwid

Hall of Famer
BYU would have won either way, or at least kept it close, Bradford went down at the end of the second quarter, so pretty much played an entire half and the score was 7-10. Bradford only scored one td and was struggling (they received great field position on a dropped punt from BYU). Then later on they managed to take it down the field but were held to a field goal, that it when he was injured. The backup managed to take it down the field, but BYU had an impressive goal line stand, then a bs pass interference call which gave them a whole new set of downs, and they still couldnt run it in, and kicked the field goal.

Now all they are talking about the next day is about how Bradford was injured during that game, nothing about BYU winning. BYU was an underdog by 24 points. That how is big of an upset this is, most "experts" had OU covering the spread too!

And more excuses about OU's line and missing star players like the tight end and those receivers to the pros. BYU also lost their star receiver to the pros also, and before the game the announcers said they were working with a "patchwork" line, plus Harvey Unga, the "star" rb was out.Edited by: dwid

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Colorado vs Colorado State is just about to kickoff in another 2 minutes. I hope Mosure gets to run the ball alot for the Rams. I want him to be the next Kyle Bell even though they are built different.