caste matchups for week four

referendum

Mentor
Some games of interest tomorrow.

Ohio St (about 10 white starters) vs. Illinois (4)
Buffalo (about 10) vs Temple (about 6)
Air Force (15) vs. SD State (8)
Army (12) Iowa St (6)
Washington (7) Stanford (15)
Northwestern (15) vs Minnesota (11)
Central Florida (12) vs East Carolina (forget how many whites but not many)
Central Michigan (12) vs Akron (7). Akron is like Illinois of the MAC, it has no business having only 7 white starters.
Edited by: referendum

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Thanks Ref! Gonna pull for the Buckeyes, Bulls, Falcons, Cadets, Cardinal, Wildcats, Knights, & Chippewas!

dwid

Hall of Famer
Missouri (9) vs Nevada (5) Luke Lippincott seeing quite a few carries, not even half time yet and has 10 carries for 40 yards, . Taua got injured earlier in the game so I believe that is why the carries have increased. Hopefully Luke will see at least 10 more carries and break off a few big runs for a 100+ yard gameEdited by: dwid

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Although its not a caste game, the BYU/CSU game should be the whitest FBS game of the year! Both teams start 16 whites. You can watch it on the Mountain network at 4 PM Mountain time.

Pollyanna

Guru
Tough game for Luke Lippincot. He was injured at the start of the second half, then came in on a long drive and fumbled five yards from the end zone. His drop essentially gave Missouri momentum for a score and eventual win.

Riddlewire

Master
That was the fanciest run-of-the-mill play I've ever seen on that touchdown by Indiana. Very impressive.

Jake Sharp isn't playing (or at least didn't start) in Kansas vs Southern Miss, but Kerry Meyer (sp?) just scored a touchdown on a long reception.

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
Michigan is starting a white safety today as well, his name escapes me right now. I think the announcer said an afflete is hurt. But good to see Michigan starting one. He made one or two tackles on Indiana's RB, but the annoucners were commenting on the RB. Only when he stopped the RB in the backfield did they quickly mention his name.

I agree with Riddle, nice TD there by the Hoosiers.

Riddlewire

Master
I like this Indiana team.
It appeals to my sense of strategery.
Wacky and/or Unusual playcalling is keeping the Michigan defense off balance.

Riddlewire

Master
Wow.
That may be the most pre-snap movement and formation shifting I've ever seen. It's no wonder Michigan had no idea where that ball was going.
If you're not watching the Indiana-Michigan game, be sure to watch the highlights. IU's best plays are all touchdowns.

Bear Backer

Mentor
Williams and Pryor are both having Casterific performances so far in their matchup through 3 quarters. Juice is 12 for 23 with only 71 yards and 2 picks, while the P man is just 3 for 7 for 40. At one point in the 3rd quarter he had NO passing yards accumulated.

Dane Sanzenbacher has 33 receiving yards for Ohio State on 2 catches. He would have had more, but Pryor overthrew him horribly on the sideline once in the third quarter. Edited by: Bear Backer

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Bear Backer said:
Williams and Pryor are both having Casterific performances so far in their matchup through 3 quarters. Juice is 12 for 23 with only 71 yards and 2 picks, while the P man is just 3 for 7 for 40. At one point in the 3rd quarter he had NO passing yards accumulated.

Dane Sanzenbacher has 33 receiving yards for Ohio State on 2 catches. He would have had more, but Pryor overthrew him horribly on the sideline once in the third quarter.

smiley36.gif
The "wave of the future" at QB continues. I flicked on that game right as it went to half, with the announcer sayinghow Pryor had 0 passing yards, yet OSU was still ahead 13-0. Pryor has been getting Michael Vick type love from the media since he was in high school. I imagine it will continue into the NFL while he stinks it up for the hapless team that drafts him as theteam still manages to win enough games, ala Vick and Vince Young, to be 8-8 and on the margins of the playoff hunt for a few years.

referendum

Mentor
This Pryor thing is irritating as with a competent white QB Ohio St would be a team we could really get behind. Still, always good to see Illinois get beat. We need Zook out of there. I did read somewhere that he is considered to be on the hot seat, and it looks like both of the Afrilinis' losses have been lopsided. This SEC north nonsense has got to stop. Speaking of which Akron also loses to Central Michigan.
A marginally whiter Oregon gives Cal quite a smackdown, and Rutgers beats Maryland as well.

Bear Backer

Mentor
It just tickles me pink that Zook's Illini are starting off so poorly. Against Bowl division teams they have only managed to put up 9 points in two games while giving up 67. The only team they have beaten is a IAA team in Illinois State and the supposed play maker Juice Williams doesn't have a single touchdown through the air or on the ground yet. I can't believe there are still people who believe that he is a pro prospect. Pryor too. So far, he looks to be about one of the most hyped yet least productive college QB's of all time.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The BYU/CSU game has been ok, but nothing to brag about so far for each team. BYU is leading 28-17 in the 4th and are close to scoring again, but it could be 42-17 BYU or 28-28 just as easily.

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Was funny listening to the caste announcers trying to rationalize the Iowa Hawkeyes victory over Penn State. They had to tiptoe around the fact that the Hawkeyes play so many white players. They lauded the coach for the great job he was doing with his team which was "outmanned" and how he didn't need 5 OR 4 star players for his system. How the Hawkeyes were the "most intelligent" team Brent Musberger had seen.

They also were falling over themselves making excuses for the Penn State QB Clark and his atrocious play. How he was pressured on every down and the poor weather conditions.

Very pleasant game to watch. Frustrating for a while but nice that there were so many white guys on the field.

Deadlift

Hall of Famer
I chose to detox from college football this weekend, but I'm very glad to learn that Iowa won (on the road) and that Clark threw 3 picks!!

Now I want to watch it badly! Does anyone know if Bryan Bulaga was back from injury? Or did they win without him?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Deadlift, Bryan didn't play last night.

referendum

Mentor
This was a great weekend for us, with Stanford, Iowa, Ohio St all winning, and great performances by Gerhart, Meier, Martinek and other white athletes.