Bush’s perfomance

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Bush... took over as the Saints' featured running back after Deuce McAllister's season-ending knee injury in Week 3.

Bush has scored six touchdowns with 581 yards rushing and 417 yards receiving. His longest run so far has been 22 yards and his longest reception 25. He has 10 dropped passes and has fumbled eight times, though his team has recovered all but three of those.

Knee injury may sideline Saints' RB Bush

backrow

Hall of Famer
from proffotballtalk.com:

REGGIE THINKS HE HURT KNEE MORE THAN A MONTH AGO

A league source tells us that Saints running back Reggie Bush has told teammates that he believes he originally injured his knee more than a month ago, and that he'll not play again this year.

Per the source, an MRI conducted on Friday confirmed the existence of a torn PCL. The AP reports that the injury won't require surgery.

Bush has rushed for 581 yards in 2007, and he has fumbled eight times. He also has dropped ten passes</font>.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Do you think Karney will see carries as a result?

No. I'm sure they will find some afflete to carry the load. Stecker and Pierre Thomas are already on the roster with Jamaal Branch on the practice squad... Karney will of course be held accountable as their lead blocker if they cannot perform for some reason.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
backrow said:
Bush has rushed for 581 yards in 2007, and he has fumbled eight times. He also has dropped ten passes.

His receiving stats are just as bad -- 73 catches for a paltry 412 yards, or 5.7 yards per reception. Bring back cement-footed Larry Centers, I'm sure he could still muster at least 6.0!

Bush has been treated like NFL royalty since well before he was even drafted. The corporate world has showered him with endorsement money. Before the Colts-Saints game in Week 1, the media spotlight was put equally on Peyton Manning and Bush, rather than the far more deserving Drew Brees after his lights-out 2006 season.

The Reggie Bush-Mike Hass comparison remains instructional in understanding the racial agenda of college and "professional" football.

bigunreal

Mentor
Reggie Bush has indeed been over hyped, like no other black non-QB in recent years. His rookie year was a complete bust until the final handful of games in the regular season. This year he was completely mediocre. If he was a white QB, he would have been booed unmercifully by the drunk white fans, and would already have been labeled a "bust" by the jock-sniffers in the media. Like Mike/Michael Vick, "Ocho Cinco" Johnson and Vince Young, Bush's tiny number of big plays are shown over and over again on ESPN, with the requisite oohs and aahs, shouted out gleefully by the lame, wannabe comedians who root so obviously for him.

My favorite Reggie Bush moment: Last year, when the Saints were slaughtered by the Bears, Reggie Bush taunts Urlacher after a big play - and Urlacher points up to the scoreboard. Priceless.

guest301

Hall of Famer
InfamousOne said:
My favorite Reggie Bush moment: Last year, when the Saints were slaughtered by the Bears, Reggie Bush taunts Urlacher after a big play - and Urlacher points up to the scoreboard. Priceless.

I remember that play and it still is priceless. Reggie Bush has always been over hyped style and not nearly as much substance. He's a running back in space only, when the field gets crowded, he disappears.

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
You know, whenever I've had the displeasure of watching "the NFL's future," Reggie Bush, he doesnt seem very fast compared to the other players around him. Whenever he does show bursts of quickness, he just ends up going nowhere anyway. Maybe that's why the "second coming of Gail Sayers" can't play RB (or WR for that matter - due to a bad case of brick hands) at the NFL level?

As usual, Bigunreal has hit the nail on the head. Bush is beyond being labeled a "bust"....he just simply isnt a very good player in the NFL. I for one am very happy to see this hype/endoursement-machine (see Pepsi, Subway, Visa, etc) come to a screaching halt. Hopefully next time these companies will pick a player who's actually consistant and plays his heart out....say Wes Welker?Edited by: Thrashen

Chad Johnson is actually a good receiver, although he is way overhyped (a lot of it he does himself) and does get away with a lot of pushing off the line of scrimmage.