Brooks to the Raiders

Bunnyman

Guru
Looks like Aaron Brooks will bring his incompetence and buffoonery to the Oakland Raiders. He is getting $8 million over 2 years. Brooks is the perfect QB for his racist head coach, Art Shell. They certainly deserve each other.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
George Steinbrenner came up with one of the all-time great sneering nicknames when he dubbed Dave Winfield "Mr. May"back when Reggie Jackson was known as "Mr. October." Brooks should be known as "Mr. Red Zone" as he is the worst QB near the goal line in NFL history and the Saints werewonderfully consistentchoke artists when he was their starter.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Sometimes I am truly baffled by the decisions of head coaches and GM's.

They cut Collins, and sign Aaron Brooks? I mean, wtf?? Collins isn't great but he's better than Brooks. Did Brooks take less money, or was some other factor involved? I don't understand it.

It surprises me that Brooks is still starting anywhere in the NFL. He should at BEST be a backup somewhere, but not a starter. Maybe Oakland is hoping to draft Young and use Brooks to 'mentor' him? HAHAHAHAHAH!!
smiley36.gif

Gary

Mentor
Brooks is the worst QB in pro football. Lets face it he would be a bum in any league, the guy just don't have it. So the Raiders will stink again this year!

G

Brooks is a terrible QB...i will say nothing more on the subject

robcat

Guru
Brooks isn't the worst quarterback. He'll have good stats with Oakland like he did with New Orleans but he will make mistakes at crucial times. Especially near the endzone and at the end of games.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Brooks is a better Jeff Blake. He can run up the stats, but loses the critical games with untimely picks. By the way he is Micheal Vicks first or second cousin. I guess that playing style is in his blood...........
smiley36.gif

ocaamikedm11

Mentor
Whatever they offered Collins, he was not pleased with the money and said he'd take a paycut but not "play for peanuts.." so they must've offered him somewhere around minimum. Ah well, another year in the cellar for the Raiders.

Gary

Mentor
If Brooks isn't the worst QB in football then who is? The guy would have to improve greatly to be called a BUM!

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
robcat said:
He'll have good stats with Oakland like he did with New Orleans but he will make mistakes at crucial times. Especially near the endzone and at the end of games.

Sounds like a pretty bad quarterback to me, making crucial mistakes at the worst times.

Gary said:
If Brooks isn't the worst QB in football then who is?

Why, Mike Vick of course!
smiley36.gif

bigunreal

Mentor
Brooks is still starting in the NFL, while far more talented QBs like Cade McNown and Tim Couch aren't even thought of any more. The situation is completely ridiculous.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Brooks must be truly awful, as the Raiders cut him today. He'll probably become the new Tony Banks, Jeff Blake, Kordell Stewart, etc., of black QBs, a failed starter who becomes a backupandbounces from team to team.

Andrew Walter has been universally beat up on by the media and even some at CF, but I think he can be as good as Kerry Collins. He had no chance last year, with the worst o-line in NFL history in front of him, Randy Moss uninterested in playing, Jerry Porter suspended most of the season, and Lamont Jordan hurt. The same "experts" proclaimed Alex Smith a bust after his rookie year with a terrible 49ers offense around him and he improved dramatically in 2006. The Caste System media loves to give up on white QBs in quick fashion, but Andrew Walter should at least get a fair opportunity before anyone judges whether he can be an NFL starter or not. He's big and strong, is smart and confident, and has an accurate "cannon" arm. There's no reason he can't be a successful pocket ("throwback") quarterback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2775325Edited by: Don Wassall

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I love the use of throwback in that last sentence Don. I have often hoped that during suppposed "throwback" games, pro teams of all sports would go for a real authentic throwback look and start a bunch of whites. They couldn't do that though. Maybe someday soon, we'll get an owner who fields real throwback teams, which will then become the wave of the future!
smiley32.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
The Raiders have signed 2 more QBs in the past week, free agent Josh Booty and Jeff Otis. I'm glad Josh is back in the league after being out for over 3 years.