Brock Lesnar

Triad

Mentor
From Boxing Scene:
Former World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) World Champion Brock Lesnar announced his entrance into the MMA ring Saturday night at a press conference at Bellagio following the K-1 "Battle at Bellagio" event. Lesnar confirmed that he had signed a contract to fight for HERO's, K-1's new Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) series of events which includes headliners Genki Sudo, Bob Sapp, Kazushi Sakuraba and Don Frye. Lesnar also announced that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu innovator and the Ultimate Fighting Championship's (UFC) first-ever champion, Royce Gracie, will be his trainer.

JoeV

Guru
Ever since Brock didn't get a shot in the NFL by not making the Vikings, I was hoping he would resurface somewhere. He is a beast!

Kaptain

Master
At 6'4" 295 he ran a 4.65 40. He also had athletism and coordination to be the NCAA wrestling champion - a far higher degree of athletism than what is required for an NFL lineman. All of that and Mike Tice never really gave him a shot.
Can't wait to see him in MMA though.

Triad

Mentor
Anyone think he'll use the ground and pound technique.
smiley2.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I like tattoos and all, but I think Mr. Lesnar definitely needs to have some work done on the one on his chest. It looks like like a giant penis pointed directly at his chin.

body042.jpg&sig=__3cU6N3UHpn4_ewmtTgFwpeItmqs=
body042.jpg

Triad

Mentor
White Shogun said:
I like tattoos and all, but I think Mr. Lesnar definitely needs to have some work done on the one on his chest. It looks like like a giant penis pointed directly at his chin.
That's a tatoo you can't wear a V neck t shirt with.

Triad

Mentor

Alpha Male

Mentor
Kaptain Poop said:
At 6'4" 295 he ran a 4.65 40. He also had athletism and coordination to be the NCAA wrestling champion - a far higher degree of athletism than what is required for an NFL lineman. All of that and Mike Tice never really gave him a shot.
Can't wait to see him in MMA though.

A 4.65 forty at 295 pounds is incredible!! How could they not give this guy a shot? Did he ever play football before?

Is there any player in the NFL with that combination of speed and mass?Edited by: Alpha Male

I am really curious as to what Lesnar's "political" views are. We'll never know, but if he's anything like us and comes out publically with it, his career is over...lol
smiley36.gif

gsm1988

Brock is an ******* from everything I have heard about him, but he probably should have been given more of a chance to make an NFL team. I can't say I feel too bad for the guy though after the way he ungratefully left WWE.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
KJV1 said:
Brock should fight Kimbo Slice, they both have one match under their belt.

Brock would tear the "Urban Myth" Kimbo limb from limb...pillar to post! I'd love to see that @$$ whoopin!
smiley1.gif
smiley2.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
DixieDestroyer said:
KJV1 said:

Brock would tear the "Urban Myth" Kimbo limb from limb...pillar to post! I'd love to see that @$$ whoopin!
smiley1.gif
smiley2.gif

Ditto to what Dixie posted. That would not be a match. Brock was a lugitimate ALL-American wrestler in college and a heavyweight champion and so he naturally fits in the MMA world. Kimbo Slice is a streetfighter and fits more into VIck's dogfighting world than in the MMA world.

DixieDestroyer said:
KJV1 said:

smiley1.gif
smiley2.gif

Better yet, Kimbo Slice should fight Fedor Emilienko or Cro-Cop. I can hear the eulogy from Kimbo's funeral already. lol. Either Fedor or Cro-Cop would kill him...literally.

Alpha Male

Mentor
Kimbo is a juiced up thug. It's so obvious - check out his videos on youtube - looks like a bodybuilder.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I know we love to hate Kimbo here, but other than his fans on YouTube I don't know anybody who takes him seriously as a mixed martial artist. He knows and his handler knows that he isn't ready to fight anyone like Fedor or Cro Cop or even Lesnar. That's why they made his first fight with Ray Mercer, and his second fight is against Tank Abbott. Tank has a losing record in MMA, and is worse shape now than he was when he was fighting regularly anyway.

Like Kimbo says, "I's got's to get my bread." They're in this to make money, and that's it. I know he is training with Bas Rutten, but at this point I don't think it is for anything other than preparing him for the different things that can happen in the cage, instead of the idiotic 'backyard' rules under which Kimbo is used to fighting.