British Drug cheat comeback

devans

Mentor
Dwain Chambers snatched second place for Great Britain on his return to international athletics in the men's 100m at the European Cup on Wednesday.

_41824254_dwain203.jpg

He got off to a poor start but finished strongly to come home behind France's Ronald Pognon, who took victory in Malaga in a time of 10.13 seconds.
Chambers, 28, has only just completed a two-year ban for doping offences. But he was named in the British team after impressing at Gateshead on his competitive return earlier this month.
Chambers, who was suspended for taking THG, was not happy with his run.
"This was disappointing," said the Londoner after making his first appearance in a British vest for almost three years.
"There was no gas in my legs. But of course I expected ups and downs. There was a lot of expectations placed upon me."
Chambers pipped Russian Andrey Yepishin for second spot, although both sprinters were credited with the same time of 10.19secs.

freedom1

Mentor
Linford Christie was a drug cheat also. Steroids seem to work wonders for athletes with Jamaican heritage.

albinosprint

Mentor
I don't think its fair to say all Jamaican sprinter are on roids, but given the times Christieran and his age (not to mention the way he looked). i would have to say he was on juice. its a shame people have to cheat. i have such doubts when it comes to track and field these days that it takes the fun away from it. thats why its so important for a guy like Macrozonaris to make it. you can tell he is running on pure natural talent. and the same goes for Rock & Warnier. 99% of the time you can tell when a athlete is taking steroids just by looking atthem.

albinosprint

Mentor

freedom1

Mentor
Here's an item that's kind of on the same topic:

Provisional Suspension Announcement
Friday 7 July 2006
The male athlete, Mr. Aziz ZAKARI (GHA), has been provisionally suspended by the IAAF following an adverse analytical finding for the prohibited substance, Stanozolol (S1. Anabolic Agents). The test was conducted In-Competition (IC) on 29.04.06 at the IAAF Grand Prix Meeting in Dakar, Senegal.

Mr. Zakari is provisionally suspended under IAAF Rule 38.2 pending a hearing before the relevant disciplinary tribunal of the Ghana Athletic Association. Under IAAF rules the minimum sanction for a first violation for Stanozolol is ineligibility for 2 years.

The full IAAF Anti-Doping Rules including the disciplinary procedures to be followed in doping-related cases can be found on the IAAF website via www.iaaf.org/antidoping

The IAAF will make no further comment on this case until the outcome of the hearing has been confirmed.

white is right

Hall of Famer
Wow Zakari with his huge shoulders and overall pumped physique is dirty.......
smiley36.gif
I just feel sad for someone that didn't make an olympic final because he cheated them out of a spot.......
smiley5.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
albinosprint said:
I didn't know this, but it seems Linford failed a drug test 7 years ago. I have been keeping up on track & field news for a long time now and i had no idea about this.

here the link.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,3-2006310067,00.html
I remember Linford failed a drug test for the second time(he failed one in Seoul but squirmed out of it by saying he drank a herbal tea) then subsequently retired. I always have maintained that the 8 men who line up at the 100 metre finals are the 8 men that PED's work the best on.......
smiley5.gif
Edited by: white is right

freedom1

Mentor
Someone said in one of the earlier posts, I don't remember what the thread was, that steroids react differently with different people. For example, once Ben Johnson got off the juice, he could only manage a 10.4 in the 100 meters. Yet when he was on the juice, he was easily in the 9.7s (he was looking back when he ran his 9.79 at Seoul). I mean that's quite a spread. If you're a sprinter who has the genetic propensity to react well to steroids, you're going to get much more bang for your buck than someone who isn't. I think White is Right is correct when he says the 8 guys who line up are the ones who steroids or human growth hormone or whatever reacted the best on.

It's bad. If you're a kid who has a dream to play pro football, and you see Ben Johnson get a 7 tenths of a second improvement in his 100 time from drugs, the temptation is going to be pretty great. Drugs work.