Brian Leonard 23

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
By far 301, by far it is the longest thread on the site.

guest301

Hall of Famer
Colonel_Reb said:

I know it currently is the longest running thread but is it the longest ever?

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
guest301 said:
Colonel_Reb said:

I know it currently is the longest running thread but is it the longest ever?

He didn't say currently, he said it is the longest thread on the site. It's the longest thread on the site, although technically speaking it is both the longest ever and is currently the longest, and will remain the current longest until another thread surpasses it in length.
smiley36.gif

smiley2.gif

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the clarification Shogun. I thought I made it clear enough myself, but I reckon I thought wrong.
smiley36.gif

guest301

Hall of Famer
Very funny you guys. Shogun you really know how to answer a question.
smiley36.gif

G

Apparently Jackson is the reason the Rams have won their last 2 games, according to the media. After looking at his stats it appears he only had poor to average games.

And I thought the purpose of drafting Leonard was to be Jackson's backup? When and why did this all of the sudden change? Did they get in trouble for starting a white tailback or something? They must have gotten a fine and a warning. What were they thinking. How dare they the start a white tailback in the NFL.
smiley11.gif

lumsdenpower

Mentor
One thing is funny, in the game Jackson had 23 carry for 92 yards...he had one run of 37 and another of 23...two big run for 60 yards..so he had like 20 carry for 32yards ...that's suck big time..any way..

backrow

Hall of Famer
Pittman was pitiful on Sunday, i think Brian is not out of the picture yet. one way or another, as long as Jackson is in St Louis, he won't have a shot at starting or at least getting a decent number of touches.Edited by: backrow

the reason leonard is getting less touches is because Jacksn is back in the lineup so Brian is playing fullback so when Jackson heads to the sideline Pittman comes in because Brian is "tired" from playing fullback

<a href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/DepthCharts</a target="_blank">

looks like its officiall now Brian leonard is an NFL fullback
smiley7.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley11.gif

whiteknight said:
<a href="http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/DepthCharts</a target="_blank">

looks like its officiall now Brian leonard is an NFL fullback
smiley7.gif
smiley18.gif
smiley11.gif

Man this has to be the let-down of the season. Going from the first white back to rush 100+ yds in four years, to being demoted to fullback.

One big problem is that he played at lot of FB in college, so the coaches think they can always fall back on that option. That's what I'm worried about with Hester, coaches may pull the same shenanigans with him
smiley7.gif

Let's hope that doesn't happen. Can't wait for the day that three white RBs start, I swear that day will be a huge victory. I Just hope it happens sooner than later!

Thrashen

Hall of Famer
"Let's hope that doesn't happen. Can't wait for the day that three white RBs start, I swear that day will be a huge victory. I Just hope it happens sooner than later!"

I fully believe that it will happen. Just look at Tim Tebow and Jacob Hester this season. Tebow is the most talented player in over a decade (at any position). He's basically Eric Crouch with much more size and strength. He should be the first player taken overall (whenever he declares for the draft)...but I'm not sure if any teams in the caste NFL would take an amazing white "slash" type of player. Then again, I never thought Matt Jones would go in the 1st round! I'd love to see Tebow go anywhere to play RB/TE/WR.

Jacob Hester should be drafted to be a Chris Cooley type with the ability to line up as a feature RB, FB, TE, and slot WR.

Things are looking up this season! Hopefully these guys can pave the way.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Just so you know, my Veoh video of Brian Leonard getting over 100 yards against Arizona got pulled for "suspected copyright infringement."
smiley5.gif
It had almost 400 views when it was pulled. Several people had links to it as well. I still have the video on file though.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
I would but its too long for youtube. Its over 11 minutes and I don't know how to edit it down. I wouldn't really want to edit it anymore anyway. I guess I could start a new veoh account. Does anyone know of another well used video site where it would actually get a lot of views and that would take a clip that long?

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the info. I will be looking into it.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Leonard had surgery on both shoulders today. It's considered "minor" surgery, but should be taken as further evidence that Leonard is meant to be a running back and not a blocking fullback -- unless of course the Rams follow the advice of senile Dick Vermeil
smiley8.gif
and force Brian to gain 20 pounds.

He probably won't have a long NFL career if he continues to be misused.

[url]http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/sto ry/B90B656B5B390848862573CD007318C4?OpenDocument [/url]

Maple Leaf

Mentor
Knowing that his shoulders are damaged the Rams will ram him into the ground and he will be another footnote and a feather in the cap of the caste footballers who allow players to play based on race and not on ability.

devans

Mentor
Brian averaged 3.5 yards per carry this year. Probably OK for a rookie running back, don't you think. Better than many well known backs such as Adrian Peterson, Priest Holmes, Warrick Dunn, Cedric Benson (drafted fourth overall in 2005)- and exactly the same average as Shaun Alexander! Let's hope he gets a chance next year to improve on this. I expect Warrick Dunn will.

jared

Mentor
He also played behind an injured and porous offensive line with a non-existent passing game (while Bulger was trying to play hurt).

Bart

Hall of Famer
nhl411 said:
umm..adrian peterson averaged like 5.something yards per carry this year...

Not that Adrian Peterson. The other Adrian Peterson.Da Bearsss.