Black Guy

G

Black guy i was reading one of your post and you commented that you believe that white players or any player really, are judged on simply(only) on their talent rather then their skin color. Nothing harshto say but you are blind to football and basketball(use to be white dominated sports and still should be) it is clearly favoring black guys(generally) that spend majority of their time avoiding the fundamentals and try to make the best slam dunk they could. Like Bigunreal is saying its not theblack people favoring the black athlete,its the white people its self destroying the white race in sports. Regarding Matt Jones and his arm strength thats totalnon-sense, did anyone notice Torry holt clearly mockhim when he was picked. Theirs no way a white guy would be allowed to do that to a black man. I mean lookwhat happen to Rush he got fired forsaying Donavan was overrated because of his race. At the time the comment had a lot to truth to that and it clearly shows that if a white guy says anything about a black guy that hasanything to do with his skin color he is atomatically dis credited and most-likely fired immediatly. I mean Torry holt stood up and clapped when Clarette was drafted because he was a slow black guy that made it cause he was simpily black thats it! Imagine a white fat guy like The bus(a white version) him going up to the coach asking to to play Rb he would be laughed out of the field. He would be forced to play offensive line or a white hating postion like full back. Notice how their are no white corners in the league hardly any safeties and you try to tell me they just look at talent. I would also like to mention half the black players in the NFL are criminals and reguarly beat their wives or shoot someone or get caught with a bloddy knife like Ray lewis. Shocker he got off. I also love when white teams like West Virginia compete with the highly recruited black teams like Wake forest andbeat them because they practice their fundaments and dont spend all their time on making the best dunk rather then laying up in the net which = 2 points. Overall their is a conspiracy in sports and it doesnt take a a rocket scientist to figure that out

Black Guy

whiteout77 said:
Black guy i was reading one of your post and you commented that you believe that white players or any player really, are judged on simply(only) on their talent rather then their skin color. Nothing harshto say but you are blind to football and basketball(use to be white dominated sports and still should be) it is clearly favoring black guys(generally) that spend majority of their time avoiding the fundamentals and try to make the best slam dunk they could. Like Bigunreal is saying its not theblack people favoring the black athlete,its the white people its self destroying the white race in sports. Regarding Matt Jones and his arm strength thats totalnon-sense, did anyone notice Torry holt clearly mockhim when he was picked. Theirs no way a white guy would be allowed to do that to a black man. I mean lookwhat happen to Rush he got fired forsaying Donavan was overrated because of his race. At the time the comment had a lot to truth to that and it clearly shows that if a white guy says anything about a black guy that hasanything to do with his skin color he is atomatically dis credited and most-likely fired immediatly. I mean Torry holt stood up and clapped when Clarette was drafted because he was a slow black guy that made it cause he was simpily black thats it! Imagine a white fat guy like The bus(a white version) him going up to the coach asking to to play Rb he would be laughed out of the field. He would be forced to play offensive line or a white hating postion like full back. Notice how their are no white corners in the league hardly any safeties and you try to tell me they just look at talent. I would also like to mention half the black players in the NFL are criminals and reguarly beat their wives or shoot someone or get caught with a bloddy knife like Ray lewis. Shocker he got off. I also love when white teams like West Virginia compete with the highly recruited black teams like Wake forest andbeat them because they practice their fundaments and dont spend all their time on making the best dunk rather then laying up in the net which = 2 points. Overall their is a conspiracy in sports and it doesnt take a a rocket scientist to figure that out

West Virginia was not a white team. They had black players in fact the best player before the NCAA tournament was a black player. I cant think of his name. I guess you didnt see the more athletic and versitile Louisville Cardinals beat them after they had a 20 point lead I think. Once the shots stopped falling from 3pt range the Mountaineers didnt have the athletic ability to keep up.

As for the NFL players having criminal records, you act like nobody white has ever committed a crime. Bill Romanowski punched a teamate in the eye and ended his career and got taken to court over it. Mark Chumara a former tight end for the packers was convicted of having sex with a underage girl. Kyle Turley of the rams got into trouble last year for threatening to harm his Coach Mike Martz.

Romanowski was never charged with a crime, he was sued in a civil suit by the player he fought with.

Mark Chmura was acquitted, repeat acquitted, by a jury. Though it's so rare when a white athlete is charged with a sex crime the media used his name so much that the popular perception, like yours, is that he was found guilty.

Turley was involved in a he said, he said verbal confrontation with Mike Martz. He was removed from the Rams offices after Martz called security, but he was charged with no crime.

So you're batting 0 for 3.

If you want to cite some white athletes charged with crimes, check out the crime section of Caste Football, though they're not easy to locate being dwarfed in number by the non-stop cases of black athletes charged with beating their girlfriends, drug dealing, assault, etc.

Black Guy

Romanowski lost his civil suit and had to pay out money.

Turley supposedly threatened to kill his coach and he had to be removed from the premisis. I guess if ray lewis had thatdone you guys would be saying he was a criminal.

You got me on the Chumura one.

So I am more like 2 for 3Edited by: Black Guy

You were rebutting whiteout77 by naming white athletes with criminal records. Repeat, Romanowski was not charged with a crime. O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murder charges but subsequently lost in a civil trial. Romanowski also lost in a civil trial -- but unlike O. J. he was never originally charged with a crime. A civil suit is different than a criminal case.

Turley was not charged with a crime -- period. Players and coaches get in nasty arguments quite frequently in the NFL. We often get to see it happen on the sideline, and rarely does it involve a white player.

Black Guy

right winger said:
You were rebutting whiteout77 by naming white athletes with criminal records. Repeat, Romanowski was not charged with a crime. O.J. Simpson was acquitted of murder charges but subsequently lost in a civil trial. Romanowski also lost in a civil trial -- but unlike O. J. he was never originally charged with a crime. A civil suit is different than a criminal case.

Turley was not charged with a crime -- period. Players and coaches get in nasty arguments quite frequently in the NFL. We often get to see it happen on the sideline, and rarely does it involve a white player.

Since white dont make up 65% of the NFL like black people do then quite obviously they will have fewer criminals and less confrontations with the coaches. That isa stupid comparion.

Regardless of it being a civil suit it is still a court case nontheless. A case that HE LOST. I guess if randy moss was removed from team premisis by security you would just blow it off too right? Naah you would say Moss was a criminal and a problem player etc etc. that was my point in mentioning the Turley case. If a white player threatens to kill his coach people will say its no big deal but let Vick do something like that .

bigunreal

Mentor
Black Guy-

Okay, you have a valid point about blacks making up the majority of NFL
players, and that we can therefore expect them to be the
majority of those who are accused of criminal or unruly behavior. A
little harder to explain is the fact that blacks, who make up 12% of
the U.S. population, commit the majority of violent crimes in this
country.

Black Guy, this is your original statement: "As for the NFL players having criminal records, you act like nobody white has ever committed a crime." Then you go on to list three white players in support of that contention. However, none of the those three white players have a criminal record or have been convicted of committing a crime. That is a fact.

I'm not saying white players don't commit crimes. They do, but not nearly on the scale and severity that black ones do, even accounting for the NFL having 2 blacks for every white. That's a fact too, or are you saying that, unlike football where blacks supposedly have an advantage, there is a perfect equality when it comes to football players and crimes -- that for every black football player who commits a crime, a white one does too.

Black Guy

right winger said:
Black Guy, this is your original statement: "As for the NFL players having criminal records, you act like nobody white has ever committed a crime." Then you go on to list three white players in support of that contention. However, none of the those three white players have a criminal record or have been convicted of committing a crime. That is a fact.

I'm not saying white players don't commit crimes. They do, but not nearly on the scale and severity that black ones do, even accounting for the NFL having 2 blacks for every white. That's a fact too, or are you saying that, unlike football where blacks supposedly have an advantage, there is a perfect equality when it comes to football players and crimes -- that for every black football player who commits a crime, a white one does too.

You make a good point.

bigunreal said:
Black Guy-

Okay, you have a valid point about blacks making up the majority of NFL players, and that we can therefore expect them to be the majority of those who are accused of criminal or unruly behavior. A little harder to explain is the fact that blacks, who make up 12% of the U.S. population, commit the majority of violent crimes in this country.

Bigunreal, I'll have to disagree with your conceding that he made a valid point. Blacks are two-thirds of NFL players, but they commit well over 90 percent of crimes, probably closer to 98 percent, especially when it comes to serious crimes. There was a book written a few years ago by an establishment writer, can't think of him or the title right now, that documents how over a quarter of NFL players have criminal records, and he wasn't talking about the white players. Black football players commit crimes just as disproportionately as they do in the general population. The fact that Black Guy couldn't name a single white football player with a criminal record is telling.

Black Guy

right winger said:
bigunreal said:
Black Guy-

Okay, you have a valid point about blacks making up the majority of NFL players, and that we can therefore expect them to be the majority of those who are accused of criminal or unruly behavior. A little harder to explain is the fact that blacks, who make up 12% of the U.S. population, commit the majority of violent crimes in this country.

Bigunreal, I'll have to disagree with your conceding that he made a valid point. Blacks are two-thirds of NFL players, but they commit well over 90 percent of crimes, probably closer to 98 percent, especially when it comes to serious crimes. There was a book written a few years ago by an establishment writer, can't think of him or the title right now, that documents how over a quarter of NFL players have criminal records, and he wasn't talking about the white players. Black football players commit crimes just as disproportionately as they do in the general population. The fact that Black Guy couldn't name a single white football player with a criminal record is telling.

I can explain that somewhat. We all know a large percentage of black people live inpoverty. Well a lot of NFLplayers come from those backgrounds. Since a LOT of crimes are committed by people from lower classes then naturally some of that will filter over into the NFL. Its not even a race thing but a Class thing. However the players that comitted crimes in the past should be allowed to atone for the mistakes they made. No one is perfect.Edited by: Black Guy

whiteCB

Master
Hey black guy is that why its a war zone in all these poor white towns all across the country. NOT! Black people need to start taking responsiblity for their actions and not blame it on how poor they are. If being poor translate into crime then all of these poor ass hick towns in Ohio would be ravished with crime. So don't give me that b.s. about poverty equaling crime.

JohnRocker

Yea, don't forget about Rae Carruth who was convicted of killing his baby's mama rather than paying child support.

Bart

Hall of Famer
In reading the reports of the TurleyMartz flare up, I didn't notice anything about him being removed by security.

R.B. Fallstrom/AP He came in and basically was concerned with a remark I made when I was asked on TV, 'Where's Kyle?' and I said 'I haven't seen him, I don't know,"' Martz said. "He came in out of the blue, and it was pretty animated.

"He's a very emotional guy and we had a discussion about it."

Martz said that by the end of the discussion, which included details of Turley's offseason conditioning plans, the offensive tackle had calmed down. But he didn't say the two left on good terms.

"We came to an agreement," "I'd like to have him back, if he can play," Martz said.

Black Guy

whiteCB said:
Hey black guy is that why its a war zone in all these poor white towns all across the country. NOT! Black people need to start taking responsiblity for their actions and not blame it on how poor they are. If being poor translate into crime then all of these poor ass hick towns in Ohio would be ravished with crime. So don't give me that b.s. about poverty equaling crime.

I didnt say that was a excuse I just stated the facts that crimes are often correlated by income.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Black Guy said:
Mark Chumara a former tight end for the packers was convicted of having sex with a underage girl. Kyle Turley of the rams got into trouble last year for threatening to harm his Coach Mike Martz.

I am so sick of hearing about this Mark Chumura story. I followed the situation from the beginning. A local radio station broadcast the courtroom deliberations live. The girl was proven to be a liar. Two reputable witnesses testified to her untruthfulness. A member of the prosecution was discoverd to have tampered with a court room mock up by moving the position of a piece of furniture from one location to another. He did it because the testimony didn't match the scene. The defense attorney askedalleged victim to come down and show everyone precisely where and how alleged assault happened. She refused, knowing her case would be debunked. The jury after hearing all testimony ruled Mark was NOT GUILTY.

Mark wanted to return to the Packers after getting clearance for a severe neck injury. They passed on him. I believe they were afraid of possible negative publicity. Frankie Winters always maintained his innocence and stuck with Mark through the ordeal. I found a brief article on a web site that sums up the situation quite well.

http://www.shatterdmen.com/Innocent%20Man.htm

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Exactly Kevin! You know I heard a guy just the other day who wrote a paper on racial/conflict theory. He talked about class vs. race problems as they relate to black Americans. He blamed white society for frustrating blacks into black on black crime. I must admit I had never heard that ridiculous angle before, but it sounds very similar to what Black Guy is saying. Everything is whities fault guys. We are to blame for the bad socio-economic conditions that blacks live in, and therefore, we should only expect blacks to commit more crimes as they are in a white-induced rage. Even with this completely understandable explanation it's still hard to explain the gap in crime between low income white neighborhoods and low income black neighborhoods, or is it?Edited by: Colonel_Reb

bigunreal

Mentor
The thing to remember about Chmura is how the Packers organization
reacted to the accusation against him. Unlike any of the countless
cases where blacks are accused of violent crimes, no one on the Packers
or in their front office stood up for him or made a single public
comment of support. This is another reason not to like Brett Favre; he
was supposed to be Chmura's best friend on the team at the time, and he
remained silent like all the other Packers. Chmura was summarily cut,
before even going to trial, and no team expressed any interest in him
after he was acquitted. I'll cite just one comparison to show how the
NFL treats its black players differently in those situations. Then
Seahawk WR Brian Blades went to trial for murdering his cousin back in
the mid-'90s. There was no doubt that he killed him; Blades alleged
that he shot him accidently during a game of Russian roulette. During
the trial, the Seahawk organization expressed confidence in the
innocence of Blades in several public comments, and the team's WR coach
actually attended the trial as a very visible sign of that support. The
situations were similar, except that Blades was accused of an even more
serious crime, but the way their respective teams responded to them was
very, very different and epitomize the NFL's double standard.

Bart

Hall of Famer
Bigunreal, I agree with you entirely. Mark was a very good player and respected member of the community. His reputation has beensullied and his name rarely spoken.His contributions to the team during the Super Bowl runs will fade into oblivion.

On the other hand the Packers havesigned many black players with proven criminal records and even now support them through thick and thin. Even the fans were less willing to give Mark the benefit they afford blacks.Ahman Green has now been involved with his (fourth?) domestic violence incident. He will still be adored by fans after he scores a touchdown.

Journal Sentinel on line: A statement released by the Packers' public relations staff from general manager Ted Thompson said the team was aware of the incident and was gathering more information.<?:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>
"We obviously care about Ahman and the entire Green family, and we will continue to support them through this time,"

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
I think the nature of the allegation, i.e. sex with an underage female,
had something to do with Mark's ostracization from his teammates
and the league. Most people are willing to overlook almost any
crime - murder, robbery, domestic violence, drug abuse, etc but
start talking about sex with chidren and nobody wants to be tagged with
that label or associate with anyone who carries it.

Personally, I'm more likely to forgive a guy for hooking up with a hot
17 year old who says she's 21 than I am a guy who kills someone while
playing russian roulette, but thats just my opinion. I could be
wrong.
smiley17.gif

Bart

Hall of Famer
Let me add, the female in question wasa couple months away from her eighteenth birthday. She also followed him to a bathroom, without him being aware of her, then she opened the door and walked in according to an eye witness. The total time she was in the room was discovered to be at final analysis less than 30 seconds.

How was Ray Lewis treated by the his team and fans during his situation, anyone remember? Not having followed his case closely I am not aware.