Black " coaches"

WHITE NOISE

Mentor
Anyone else notice that every time they show a black "coach" on the sidelines, he isn't talking into the headset? I mean every time, they've got a vacant look on their face, glassy eyes and manikin in appearance. It's like they are so far removed from play calling or whats happening in the game, they may as well be listening to rap music in the headset. Check out the " coach" for the steelers in tonight's game he's got a look on his face like a week old fish.

Deacon

Guru
You have a point.

Romeo of the Browns
Lovie Smith
Tony Dungy. Hell, I've never even seen him say anything. He looks like he's mediating out there.

All have that same look.

But to be fair, the coach of the Ravens John Harbaugh also exhibited the same vacant facial expressions last night.

Seahawker71

Sorry but the correlation posited here is absurd.Coaching is a team effort
and always has been. You can have animated coaches or very stoic coaches
but there's no correlation between that and the quality of the coach from my
standpoint.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Ray Rhodes and Art Shell always struck me as clueless. Crennel seems semi-clueless. The others mentioned I wouldn't put in that category. Dungy is the consummate system manager. Offensive coordinator Tom Moore was there before him and Dungy is smart enough to let him (and Peyton Manning) do their thing.

Mike Tomlin is quite animated and involved. I don't think one has to be a Rhodes Scholar to be a head coach, just as the playbooks aren't as complicated as many claim they are. A lot of football is simply rote memory of a number of plays, something all but those at the lowest end of the Bell Curve can do.Edited by: Don Wassall

PhillyBirds

Mentor
Dungy doesn't offend me. As Don mentioned above, he's in the unique position of actually not having to do anything. Peyton is more than capable of running the offense by himself. He doesn't feel personally obliged to call plays, and I respect that.

Melancholia

Tony Dungy is rarely without a headset. I don't know where you got that from.
smiley5.gif

NFLcoach_dungy_tony.widec.jpg

dungy.jpg

tony_dungy.jpg

Just type his name in in Google images if you're doubtful; in almost every picture he's wearing one, and if you watch the Colts, he'll rarely be without it.

Anyway, even if Peyton weren't so adequate at calling the plays himself, calling audibles, and reading defenses, it isn't Dungy who calls the offensive plays, it's Tom Moore, the Offensive Coordinator.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The OP didn't say Dungy doesn't wear a headset, he wrote that his observation is that black coaches aren't talking into them.

Additionally, I and others disagreed with him about Dungy.

During your short existence here as a troll, at least read the thread before you post.
smiley8.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Melancholia said:
Tony Dungy is rarely without a headset. I don't know where you got that from.
smiley5.gif

NFLcoach_dungy_tony.widec.jpg

dungy.jpg

tony_dungy.jpg

Just type his name in in Google images if you're doubtful; in almost every picture he's wearing one, and if you watch the Colts, he'll rarely be without it.

Anyway, even if Peyton weren't so adequate at calling the plays himself, calling audibles, and reading defenses, it isn't Dungy who calls the offensive plays, it's Tom Moore, the Offensive Coordinator.
Is it me or does he look like Osama communicating with Al-Qaeda operatives in the stadium.
smiley36.gif

white is right

Hall of Famer
Don Wassall said:
Ray Rhodes and Art Shell always struck me as clueless. Crennel seems semi-clueless. The others mentioned I wouldn't put in that category. Dungy is the consummate system manager. Offensive coordinator Tom Moore was there before him and Dungy is smart enough to let him (and Peyton Manning) do their thing.

Mike Tomlin is quite animated and involved. I don't think one has to be a Rhodes Scholar to be a head coach, just as the playbooks aren't as complicated as many claim they are. A lot of football is simply rote memory of a number of plays, something all but those at the lowest end of the Bell Curve can do.
Art Shell had the classic clueless look at the AFC championship game when the Raiduhs lost by close to 50 points to the Bills.

Melancholia

Don Wassall said:
The OP didn't say Dungy doesn't wear a headset, he wrote that his observation is that black coaches aren't talking into them. 

Additionally, I and others disagreed with him about Dungy.

During your short existence here as a troll, at least read the thread before you post. 
smiley8.gif

Excuse me. I did misread the original post. That is my mistake and I can admit to it. That in no way makes me a troll, and I'm glad you're mature enough to resort to nothing more than slander. Tenure has absolutey nothing to do with being or not being a productive member or otherwise (aka troll).

smiley11.gif

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Melancholia said:
Tenure has absolutey nothing to do with being or not being a productive member or otherwise (aka troll).

Actually, I'd say tenure has a lot to do with being a productive member. You become a productive member by sticking around and writing posts supportive of the site's premise about caste football. The longer you're here or the more such supportive posts you write (tenure) the more productive a member you become.

A new poster can definitely start off on the right foot.. or the wrong one, depending on their opening salvo of posts. Defending black head coaches around here, notorious for mistreatment of white players, isn't exactly the best way to enamor yourself to board members.

Besides, your choice of things to defend was kinda lame, Mel. Finding a black head coach who wears a headset doesn't exactly prove that blacks are good head coaches, does it? That's like pointing out that a gangster rapper with a long criminal history is really a decent guy because you saw him in a suit one time.

Black coaches are notorious for the mistreatment of white players ... didn't the Colts have the whitest team in the league last year?

Maybe I'm missing all the black scouts, GMs, owners, fans, media clowns who constantly downgrade white athletes. Oh, wait, it's the "enemy within", the self-hating white "men."

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
Black coaches are notorious for the mistreatment of white players ... didn't the Colts have the whitest team in the league last year?

Maybe I'm missing all the black scouts, GMs, owners, fans, media clowns who constantly downgrade white athletes. Oh, wait, it's the "enemy within", the self-hating white "men."

It was pointed out elsewhere that Dungy is one of the more white-friendly coaches, if there is such a thing, in the league so again, not the best example. Choose the best to prove the worse don't exist?

There are plenty of examples of black coaches who have denigrated white players. Nor is anyone is saying this behavior is exclusive to black coaches. I don't see the point for all the hair splitting when most of these posts seem to me just general statements of opinion with anecdotal evidence.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
GreatLakeState said:

Herm Edwards, Marvin Lewis, Mike Tomlin, Lovie Smith -- all have among the blackest teams in the league. The Browns have gotten blacker every year since Romeo Crennel was hired. Denny Green was another one. The Colts have been among the least black dominated for a long time, before Dungy was hired and probably after he retires.The Caste Systemis mainly a white problem, with blacks eagerly going along with the program. Givenblacks' racial solidarity and belief in the myths behind the Caste System, why would it be otherwise?

Actually, I mentioned Dungy because his picture was opsted six times in this thread. Don is usually right on in going after the white power structure of the league and the media. Black coaches are a very small part of the problem ... or in Fred Jackson's case at U-M, a very small part of the solution.Edited by: GreatLakeState

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
GreatLakeState said:
Actually, I mentioned Dungy because his picture was opsted six times in this thread. Don is usually right on in going after the white power structure of the league and the media. Black coaches are a very small part of the problem ... or in Fred Jackson's case at U-M, a very small part of the solution.

Yeah, it started with the guy trying to defend black coaches by posting a pic of Dungy wearing a headset, thereby proving of course that he is a great coach, because he wears a headset.

Then everybody else decided to quote the post in rebuttal, and left the pics intact in their quote. Made the thread look like it's about Dungy, but it's not.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The Chiefs are 1-19 in their past 20 games. Herm Edwards took over a 10-6 team and has gone 9-7, 4-12 and 1-10. He had a similar "magic touch" with the Jets.

The Bengals have gone to hell under Marvin Lewis. The Browns are going nowhere with Romeo Crennel, same with the Bears under Lovie Smith. Mike Singletary showed off his "credentials" at halftime of his first game.

Mike Tomlin is thriving in Pittsburgh, but give him time to drag down the talent he took over. Only Tony Dungy does consistently well, in large part by not messing with the Colts' way of doing things and by letting Peyton Manning be Peyton Manning.

Black players get charged up initially under a new black head coach, but it usually doesn't last very long before ineptitude sets in.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Anyone remember that article about black players stating they play harder for black coaches? They sure have been playing hard lately. LOL

DWFan

Mentor
whiteathlete33 said:
Anyone remember that article about black players stating they play harder for black coaches? They sure have been playing hard lately. LOL

LOL! I didn't see a general article about it, but I remember Larry Johnson saying it. I think Don Wassall is right; it is generally true, but also generally ephemeral. It's like a drop of water on a hot pan.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
You're right DWFan it may have been just an article on black coaches but I know several blacks stated they play harder for black coaches.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
That is exactly what I was talking about Don. Not to mention the "struggles" a black athlete has to endure. What might that be?Edited by: whiteathlete33

DWFan

Mentor
I'm glad that you raised that article up, Whiteathlette33. I must have missed it somehow when it was first posted. It's awesome.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Lombardi was giving talks onthe decline of morals and standardsbefore his tragic early death. He wouldn't recognize America now after the extreme Cultural Marxism of the past 40 years. He would either choose not to coach at all, or coach and learn to pander to and appease his affletes, not to mention cry on cue like so many girly-men coaches do these days.