Best Tigh End

backrow

Hall of Famer
White Shogun said:
backrow, as far as Tony Gonzalez is concerned, yes he only caught his first TD pass THIS YEAR, but there is no doubt that he was, as KP pointed out, the focal point of the Chief's passing game in the past. I haven't seen enough Chief's games this year to assess the problem; is he not getting enough separation, has he slowed, is Trent Green looking at his other options first, I don't know. But the guy is a good tight end, be he black, white, or in this case, brown.
smiley2.gif

i think Tony G has lost the step, last game he dropped an easy pass (which undeniably happens to EVERYONE but i was just surprised to see it coming from him) but he is still one of the top tight ends in the NFL... i mean he has only 32 catches this year, for 306 yards, 1 td and avg of 9.6... in 2002 with only 63 catches he was able to score 7 td with over 750 yards and over 12 yards pca...

i think the offense of Chiefs is not playing as well as a whole, and he does get some extra attantion now... with that many elite tight ends in the league, NFL is adjusting to that by dedicating them extra attention and more adequate defensive personnel