"Article" on Auburn’s RB’s

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
Read this sidestepping of the real issue that is called an article, and then read my email to the writer below. You'll have to enter some info to view the second page of the article, but its not much.

http://www.al.com/sports/mobileregister/ewoodbery.ssf?/base/ sports/1127380777233320.xml&coll=3

Evan,

It seems you left a couple of important pieces of the puzzle regarding Tre Smith. First of all, he has been hampered by a knee injury that is just now becoming pain-free. Second, Tre is white. How popular do you think it is for a starting SEC taliback to be white in 2005? Not at all. People think because he's white, he can't do the job. All the talk by Coach Tub that Tre was the man for 2005 was so much BS. He was looking for an excuse to put him back on the sidelines as much as he could. If Tub had any guts, he'd give Tre the same chance he would give any of his black running backs, and let him start (and get plenty of carries) for at least two games. It is clear to me that Tre can make cuts quicker than any of the other backs on the team, and has great break-away speed. If given a real chance, he will not disappoint. I think to leave these facts out of the discussion is to avoid the more serious matter that is racial discrimination against whites in the SEC and in all of college football. Thanks for your time.

JoeV

Guru
You always thank these people.
smiley36.gif
As soon as he read the word "white" he deleted this e-mail.
smiley11.gif
But if your e-mail was about a black QB, he might have run it in his column.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
What do you want me to say? Go to helk? That would make me look even better wouldn't it. I don't think there's anything wrong with common courtesy, even if you despise who you are dealing with. He gets that I don't agree with him, thats the point. Where's the message you sent him, JoeV?

JoeV

Guru
I am just pulling your chain brother, I try to basically send out the same stuff you do, I am just too lazy to put in stats and make it sound formal.

Colonel_Reb

Hall of Famer
No prob Joe, it's just been a long week, and my chain is a'gettin short. I'm glad you send them out, and I wish more of us would do the same.