Art of War: 3

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
PPV tonight at 10 EST. Main event features Monson v Pedro Rizzo, and Jeremy Horn against Ron Waterman on the undercard. I'll be tuning in, be back later with fight report for those interested.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Ron Waterman v Mario Rinaldi

Rinaldi is a huge, fat black man; Waterman, a huge, muscled white man. Rinaldi starts the fight by jabbing and body slamming Waterman to the mat. Rinaldi seems to be trying to ground n' pound, but it's weak, ineffective. Waterman has no answer anyway, but he eventually makes it back to his feet and the two start trading punches. Waterman rocks Rinaldi and then lands several straight shots in a row, sending Rinaldi's mouthpiece flying with a hard right. Rinaldi staggers, bends forward, and the ref stops the fight.

Waterman by TKO.

Jeremy Horn v Jorge Santiago

Very poor performance by Horn. It was sad to watch. Horn was submitted by triangle choke in the first round by a guy who has lost to the likes of Chris Leben, Alan Belcher, and Joey Villasenor. The only excuse I can make for Horn is that he was struck in the back of the head multiple times attempting an ankle takedown of Santiago.

Next up, Monson v Rizzo

Monson appears to be staggering or wobbling a bit on the way to the cage. He's drenched in sweat, looks lost. Doesn't look good but we'll see what happens.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
Monson v Rizzo

Round 1 - Monson decides to fight on his feet against Rizzo and, surprisingly, wins the stand up. He cuts Rizzo over the right eye, and seems to land the harder punches. Rizzo throwing a few leg kicks that hurt Monson.

Round 1 to Monson.

Round 2- More stand up, but in this round Rizzo is landing the harder and more frequent punches. He also continues to work the leg. Monson is landing a few of his own, but Rizzo is getting the better of the stand up. Monson attempts a few takedowns which are stuffed easily by Rizzo.

Round 2 to Rizzo.

Round 3 - Rizzo opens the round with more leg kicks, going inside and out. The two exchange more punches and both of them are getting busted up and bleeding. Monson looks like he is wearing a red face mask. Rizzo rocks Monson, begins to land several punches and Monson goes down. Rizzo rushes in throws a few punches at the downed Monson and the ref stops the fight.

Rizzo by TKO.

Both of these guys were busted up. One of them lost a tooth, I think it was Monson. Rizzo has several deep cuts on his face, looks like his nose is broken. Monson's entire head is bumpy, red, and bleeding, and his leg has some nasty looking bruises. It was a pretty interesting fight.

As far as the production quality of the show - it blows. You don't appreciate the UFC til you watch these second-tier productions. The sound was a bit off, and the announcing crew... bad. Just bad. Give me Rogan and Goldberg any day.