Arm Wrestling

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Was just channel surfing and was surprised to find the World Arm Wrestling League Championships on ESPN. It was a one-hour show broadcast from Chocolate City and I tuned in about two-thirds of the way through.

Since it was on ESPN, I figured the finalists must be mostly from the Magical Race. But there wasn't a single one to be seen. The finalists I saw from the different weight classes were all White with the exception of a Brazilian who looked to be a mestizo. The weight class champs were all working class types who were genuinely happy to win $10,000.

Apparently, as with so many other sports where their presence ranges from small to non-existent, blacks "just aren't interested" in arm wrestling.

Was just channel surfing and was surprised to find the World Arm Wrestling League Championships on ESPN. It was a one-hour show broadcast from Chocolate City and I tuned in about two-thirds of the way through.

Since it was on ESPN, I figured the finalists must be mostly from the Magical Race. But there wasn't a single one to be seen. The finalists I saw from the different weight classes were all White with the exception of a Brazilian who looked to be a mestizo. The weight class champs were all working class types who were genuinely happy to win $10,000.

Apparently, as with so many other sports where their presence ranges from small to non-existent, blacks "just aren't interested" in arm wrestling.

Don,

Do you remember the NFL Arm Wrestling contests of the 1970's? A white offensive lineman, Ed White, won the championship with no trouble. He'd regularly pin well known black linemen. I don't think any black lasted longer than five seconds against Ed White.

They would be shown at halftime of games, but were discontinued after a year or so as I recall.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Similar to worlds strongest man where you have one black out of 30 contestants.. Blacks are such magical beings that they aren' t interested in that meager amount of money.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Don,

Do you remember the NFL Arm Wrestling contests of the 1970's? A white offensive lineman, Ed White, won the championship with no trouble. He'd regularly pin well known black linemen. I don't think any black lasted longer than five seconds against Ed White.

They would be shown at halftime of games, but were discontinued after a year or so as I recall.

I don't recall them but the outcome doesn't surprise me.

DixieDestroyer

Hall of Famer
Some former pro "wrasslers" competed in arm wrestling before their in ring careers. These include the late Rick Rude, and former WCW & New Japan star Scott "Flash" Norton. The barrel chested Norton won 30 arm wrestling titles including 4 (U.S.) National titles. He even appeared in the Stallone arm wrestling themed movie "Over the Top".

davidholly

Mentor
You guys are such stupids errbody knows blacks are more athletic then whitey if blacks really wanted to they could just flick their rists and win all arm wrestling tournaments. smh