anti caste system defense

backrow

Hall of Famer
If you could field and NFL defense made exclusively out of white NFL players, who would you have in starting eleven? Mine would look like this:

DE Justin Smith, Bengals

DT Chris Hovan, Bucs

DE Patrick Kerney, Falcons

OLB Keith Brooking, Falcons

MLB Brian Urlacher, Bears

MLB Dan Morgan, Panthers

OLB Mike Vrabel, Pats

CB Dustin Fox, Vikings

FS John Lynch, Broncos

SS Adam Archuleta, Rams

CB Jim Leonhard, Bills

i couldnt think of many white CBs for some reasons, so i went with 2 guys that played cornerback in college :) i remember Kevin Kaesviharn, starting SS from Bengals being listed as CB couple years ago

other up and coming safeties are Todd Johnson from Bears and Stu Schweigert from RaidersEdited by: backrow

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
Good line-up! We had a similar thread a few weeks ago. see: White dream team

Looks a lot like your team!

jaxvid

Hall of Famer
No problem, it was a while ago, we don't expect a guy to plow through all of the threads, I just mentioned it so you could check your line-up against the others.

What is it with black guys and cornerback? I don't get it. I understand the tailback, glamerous position and all, lots of touches and TD's, but cornerback? 90% of those guys suck, game in and game out. Teams frequently go down to their third string corners due to injuries and no one expects a defensive let down. But no matter where you go they stick the black guys at corner. Even white teams like Air Force and BYU stick the only blackguys they've got at the cornerback position. I saw Miami of Ohio play this weekend and the defense was nearly all white, but the cornerbacks---black of course.

backrow

Hall of Famer
you are so right... i wonder when will we see a true starting white cornerback in NFL ... i doubt guys like Andrew Pace, Nate Soelberg or Steve Gregory will get drafted to play cornerback... and even then they would never start the way things are...

i just might work hard enough to become either a gm or an owner and show NFL what's it all about... ;)

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The few whites allowed to play defense in the NFL are disproportionately better than blacks. A good example is how individual defensive players (IDPs) are ranked in fantasy football, which is based on tackles and impact plays such as interceptions, sacks, forced fumbles, and passes defensed.

Right now 6 of the top 17 most productive defensive linemen are white -- Kyle Vanden Bosch, Jared Allen, Patrick Kerney, Aaron Kampman, Aaron Schobel, and Justin Smith.

Among linebackers, Zach Thomas, Brian Urlacher and Keith Brooking are in the top five. Derek Smith and Ben Taylor are in the top 15. So that's a third at both d-line and LB.Very impressiveconsidering defenses in the NFL are about 90 percent black.

Adam Archeluta is the only white defensive back in the top 15. Stuart Schweigert has a good chance of getting there, as does Kevin Kaesvaharn, who still is listed as a backup yet makes lots of tackles almost every game.

G

Don Wassall said:
The few whites allowed to play defense in the NFL are disproportionately better than blacks.

because they usually have to be a lot better than any black player or they don't get to play. if they are only a little better or about equal they don't get to play unless somebody gets hurt.

of course we all know this is how it works.

backrow

Hall of Famer
jody said:
Don Wassall said:
The few whites allowed to play defense in the NFL are disproportionately better than blacks.

because they usually have to be a lot better than any black player or they don't get to play. if they are only a little better or about equal they don't get to play unless somebody gets hurt.

of course we all know this is how it works.

exactly! i played pro rugby in France, and a lot of foreigners like me were receiving the same treatment from French coaches as whites do in NFL ... i only played when my two fellow french teammates who played the same position got injured or tired.... while i was third best on the team in terms of strength tests and second best in speed tests...

G

You should add Aaron Smith at DT instead of having 2 middle
linebackers. He was a pro bowler last year for the Steelers and had an
int this week.

whiteCB

Master
1st team
DE Kyle Vanden Bosch
DT Kelley Gregg
DE Patrick Kerney
OLB Keith Brooking
ILB Zach Thomas
ILB Brian Urlacher
OLB Mike Vrabel
CB Dustin Fox
SS John Lynch
FS Adam Archuleta
CB Kevin Kaesivharn

2nd team
DE Jared Allen
DT Jason Fisk
DE Chris Kelsay
OLB Peter Sirmon
ILB Dan Morgan
ILB Ben Taylor
OLB Matt Stewart (I know he's been injured)
CB Jeff Backes (rookie CB from Northwestern)
SS Stuart Schigert
FS Brian Russell
CB Chris Kern (from D3 powerhouse Mount Union and was on the Lions last year as a CB, but cut as CB is a blacks only pos.)

whiteCB

Master
Personally I'll take that 1st team into battle anyday of the week and destroy the New York Giant Lips or any other team. I would love to see the all white team vs the all black team because it would be the most watched event in the history of television and the Vegas odds would put the white as probably 14 point 20 to 1 underdogs and you know what I'd take that bet and win a lot of money.

Kaesviharn has started every game this year.

Another example -- if you're a white fb or bball player, find a
black coach to play for!Edited by: GreatLakeState