A Look at the '09-'10 NBA by the Numbers

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
There are so many talented whites that are cast aside. Mike Gansey was a great sharp shooter for WVU a few years back and I don't even think he got any tryout interest. This year the Woodside saga disgusted me the most, with the Lee Cummard and Micah Downs snubbing close behind. Josh Heytveld was a talented player as well, that got a second chance with the Zags- after being caught with magic mushrooms. Like Matt Jones there is no forgiveness for a one-time drug offense, if you're white.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Chris Kaman had another good game with 21 points on 8 for 12 shooting.  The only downside is he only have 4 rebounds.  Nash had 20 assists last night!

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Also here is a quote from Morrison. "I think every good white, American player that comes out, he's compared to Larry Bird," said Morrison. "That's just how it works. I never felt it as a burden."

Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer
It was fun seeing that all black Pistions lost to the Bucks. Hopefully, the Pistons continue to lose.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
How about D.Gallaneri from the Knicks last night! The rookie scored 30 points in the loss to Philli. What a game for the youngster. I love Mike Dantoni as a coach. He really gives guys a chance. Maybe Darko will work his way into the rotation eventually.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I loved watching JJ play at Duke. He is such a great shooter and a far better athlete than they give him credit for. It's about time they are playing him some quality minutes. He has been wasting away on the bench for far too long. Dirk had a nice game in a win last night for the Mavs.

We should really get some individual threads for some of these guys that we root for. If not, this thread is going to be longer than the Boston Marathon. Lol.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
LOL.  Ryan Anderson and JJ are both playing well.  Redick should average about 15 points a game with his skill set.  If he gets enough minutes he just might this season.  The knock on Redick coming out of college was that he is too slow to guard other shooting guards. That is a bunch of horsesh-t.  

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Ryan Anderson had 20 points today. Two whites in the starting lineup for the Magic. I love it. JJ had 27 points in one of his best games of his career.

Don't forget how white friendly the Raptors are. Bargnini had 26 points and Turkoglu had 19 points. This would have been a great game to watch. Finally we are seeing a few teams give some of these guys a chance. If the nba wants to gain in popularity, they need to continue to draft and play more white players period!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Even Hawes of the Kings had a great game last night. 22 points and 10 rebounds in a loss to the Spurs.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
What bothers me about the current state of the NBA is less and less American whites.  20 years ago the NBA was about 20 percent white as well but these players were American. Now that the NBA is playing lots of white Europeans only about 10 percent of white Americans are getting drafted year after year.  It is like they have a specific number of whites allowed.  

j41181

Master
A round of applause to both Toronto and Orlando. It's not everyday when 4 white players score 19+ points in the very same game!!!
smiley47.gif

Danilo Gallinari had 30 points (8 triples), a new career high!!

It's a painful and honest truth there are fewer and fewer American whites in the NBA. The NBA wants to go global by slowly phasing them out, in place for international players (Asians, Europeans & Africans). I wonder why many American white guys born from the 1965-79 period where not inspired by the likes of Larry Bird, Kevin McHale or John Stockton one bit? They failed to continue the legacy of these white legends.

American white guys born in the 80's are showing more spunk in comparison. Sadly, they are in a time period when the NBA is less white friendly than ever. Many of the current American whites have the potentials in becoming All-Star players. But, no matter how hard they play their hearts out, DWF's and the NBA as a whole will always be bias against them.

j41181

Master
PhillyBirds said:
Good to see you back on the boards regularly, j41181. I look forward to your posts throughout the basketball season.
Thanks, Philly! This is the best site to speak one's mind out! Edited by: j41181

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
If a typical NBA game was like the Magic-Raptors game today, the NBA would be a beauty to watch. 50% of the starting lineups- between the two teams- was white! Two of five starters for the Magic were white and three of five for the Raptors were white! And off the bench for the Magic- two of the four guys who played were white (Gortat, J. Williams). And for the Raptors Belinelli got some garbage minutes (10th man) and Nesterovic was the 8th guy off the bench (two of five bench players were white).

Plus, five of the white men who played would be considered perimeter players (Redick, J. Williams- Magic; Calderon, Turkoglu, Belinelli- Raptors). And Anderson and Bargnani- for each team- have an inside outside game for bigs as well.

The NBA would be pretty fair if a typical game was like this one, with maybe an Asian or Mestizo player or two thrown into the mix in place of a couple brothas as well! If the NBA wants to fix it's problems, it should be looking to build a league with games like this!

j41181

Master
You said it best, TJR!

I'm for NBA diversity, but their claim for diversity is one big joke. There should be more games like this Toronto-Orlando match-up, and more teams like these two. Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
We need more white stars in the NBA.  I am excited about Hansborough and several other players but I doubt any of them will be as good as Chris Mullin, Tom Gugliotta, and others were.

j41181

Master
Adam Morrison can play the way Gallinari's playing right now...if he were in New York that is. It's sad that LA's just using him as someone to be pushed around during practice sessions.Edited by: j41181

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Judging by the way Morrison played in college he could be a 20 ppg player in the league for years.  It was an exciting season when Morrison and Redick were the top scorers in the NCAA that year.

ToughJ.Riggins

Hall of Famer
j41181 said:
You said it best, TJR!

I'm for NBA diversity, but their claim for diversity is one big joke. There should be more games like this Toronto-Orlando match-up, and more teams like these two.

Exactly J41181! I would never want to keep black Americans out of playing a sport professionally that they love so much if they are there on merits. The U.S is 13% black. With black interest slightly surpassing white interest on average and elite black players having slightly longer arms on average and probably a "slight" X-Z agility advantage (I believe whites have a slight X-Y agility advantage) we could expect the NBA to certainly be more than 13% black. This is especially so, with the league wanting to diversify it's playing style. But a 77% black league is disturbingly wrong. There are so many white college players and white Euros I have watched play- that are systematically blacklisted from NBA rosters for inferior blacks.

I want true diversity and that means a few more Asians and Mestizos as well, even though they tend to be a little shorter! So how am I a racist for wanting a league that bases it's employment on merit, especially since it will bring more "diversity"?
smiley5.gif

j41181

Master
Morrison and Redick are capable 20 point scorers, if they were "thee players to be built around with." The Larry Bird comparison is a deliberate ploy to put unwanted pressure on these guys. There's nothing else to say in their defense, it's the style and system of the NBA that is deliberately against these kinds of players.

whiteathlete33

Hall of Famer
Jordan was the one who wanted to draft Morrison.  Even he felt that he was an incredible player.

j41181

Master
whiteathlete33 said:
Jordan was the one who wanted to draft Morrison.  Even he felt that he was an incredible player.
Then came the Jewish-tard Larry Brown....sigh!