71 was just a bump in the road

dkr77

Guru
Hey guy's, Just wanted to put a couple of thought's to print. UFC 71, in my opinion, was an effort to attract a black audience and appease the racial egalitarian crowd. So what, we had a few minor setback's.

Liddell, a very tough man, is clearly one deminsional. He has no answer for someone he cannot outstrike and in MMA it's just a matter of time before you need a back up plan. I don't believe Jackson will be able to hold the title long for the simple fact is Jackson's a lot like Liddell, he count's on his standup and is clueless on his back. There are a number of other fighter's quite capable of taking Rampage's belt, Couture, Henderson, Lindland and Cro-Cop should he decide to drop to 205.

Jardine fought an incredibly dumb fight and I personally believe he was looking past Houston Alexander. I can't imagine why Jardine ignored his best skill, chopping Thai kick's, to Alexander and then chose to exchange, at close range, with the shorter more powerfully built man.

So let's not let this "bump" in the road get us down too much and feed the forum troll's like 6pack. So far we have had a good run and there is no reason not to expect continued success. MMA, for the most part, is a thinking man's sport and caucasian's are some of the world's smartest people. Stand tall and be proud!

Gary

Mentor
Good post!! dkr77 you make a lot of sense and along with a few others you are fast becoming one of my favorite posters.Keep up the good work!!

dkr77

Guru
Gary, Thank's for the kind word's! This site is a breath of fresh air to me and I certainly don't want the "Josephine fannypacks" of the internet spoiling it for us.

Lets hope that if Jackson defends his title 6-7 times that this forum doesnt become as inactive as the golf forum.

jared

Mentor
I don't see him getting past Wanderlei, Henderson AND Shogun, who would all be in those hypothetical 6-7 times.

White Shogun

Hall of Famer
jared said:
I don't see him getting past Wanderlei, Henderson AND Shogun, who would all be in those hypothetical 6-7 times.

There is always the chance that Dana & Crew will want to protect their new minority champion and feed him second-tier light heavyweights for awhile, until Rampage is established in the UFC as one of the 'greatest champs ever.' The only problem is, in MMA some of the second tier guys might beat him (see George St. Pierre, et al.)

White Shogun said:
jared said:

There is always the chance that Dana & Crew will want to protect their new minority champion and feed him second-tier light heavyweights for awhile, until Rampage is established in the UFC as one of the 'greatest champs ever.' The only problem is, in MMA some of the second tier guys might beat him (see George St. Pierre, et al.)

I wouldnt be surprised to see one of the Brazilians get him.

cleverone

I wasn't bother or discouraged by the losses but by, what looked like, the lack of preparation. Jardine looked like he was just waiting for Alexander to play dead and Chuck looked like he just came from a kegger (or two). Plus, I don't know why Chuck was so relaxed. I've never seen him that relaxed before or during a fight.

It's just a wake-up call to take every fighter seriously. You would think with all of the upsets this year that fighters are taking note but they seem to be oblivious.