2024 PGA Tour

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Great comeback win over the weekend by Scotty Scheffler to become the first man ever to win back-to-back Players championships! He edged Wyndham Clark, Brian Harman and Xander Schauffele by one stroke, winning with a score of -20. Great tournament.

Scheffler is really ensconced as the world number one now. He won the Arnold Palmer tournament by five strokes the week before his Players repeat. He is in contention in almost every tournament he plays, a level that few players have reached for a decent amount of time, especially in the last 40 years. His only major so far is the 2022 Masters, so he needs to win more majors to go along with his two Players championships to start climbing the ranks of all-time greats. He'll undoubtedly be the heavy favorite at The Masters next month, which unlike The Players will also include defending Masters champ Jon Rahm and the other LIV stars.

NikoDuke

Mentor
If Scheffler can stabilize his putting, I suspect he'll win at least 1 major this season and wouldn't be surprised if he wins more.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
The lack of star power on the PGA Tour thanks to LIV was well illustrated by this week's Houston Open. It isn't a topline event but is played close to the Masters and so usually gets a decent field.

Someone named Stephen Jager won it. He's from Germany and I'm always glad to see a German do well as other than the great Bernhard Langer, Germany has been a golf wasteland. But he's an unknown, and who was his main competition? Scottie Scheffler finished in a tie for second. He's the best golfer in the world, but other than him Jager fought off players named Moore, Detry, Tosti, Finau, Rai, Greyserman, Skinns, Horschel, Bhatia, and Dunlap. Finau and Horschel are the only two with name recognition and neither is a star, esp. Horschel.

I follow golf closely and unless I was a big Scottie Scheffler fan I would have had no interest in this event whatsoever, and didn't. The Masters can't get here soon enough.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The lack of star power on the PGA Tour thanks to LIV was well illustrated by this week's Houston Open. It isn't a topline event but is played close to the Masters and so usually gets a decent field.

Someone named Stephen Jager won it. He's from Germany and I'm always glad to see a German do well as other than the great Bernhard Langer, Germany has been a golf wasteland. But he's an unknown, and who was his main competition? Scottie Scheffler finished in a tie for second. He's the best golfer in the world, but other than him Jager fought off players named Moore, Detry, Tosti, Finau, Rai, Greyserman, Skinns, Horschel, Bhatia, and Dunlap. Finau and Horschel are the only two with name recognition and neither is a star, esp. Horschel.

I follow golf closely and unless I was a big Scottie Scheffler fan I would have had no interest in this event whatsoever, and didn't. The Masters can't get here soon enough.
I do follow golf closely or at least I used to, but yeah LIV has taken many of the star players. I didn't follow the event this week other than checking on Scheffler. He could've become the first golfer to win 3 in a row since Dustin Johnson did it in 2017.
I agree with your sentiment on The Masters however, my job will take me away from watching it live for the first time I can ever remember.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The following golfers are set to play in The Masters next week, despite being members on The LIV Tour.
Bryson Dechambeau
Sergio Garcia
Tyrell Hatton
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Adrian Meronk
Phil Mickelson
Joaquin Niemann
John Rahm-Defending Champion
Patrick Reed
Charl Swartzel
Cameron Smith
Bubba Watson

My top 5 who I would like to see win:
1. Jordan Spieth- 3-time Major Winner including 2015-Masters, 2015- US Open, and 2017-British Open
2. JT Poston-A native of my area of NC- 2-time Tour winner and a phenomenal putter.
3. Phil Mickelson-6-time Major Winner including 3 Masters, 2 PGA's, and a British Open.
4. Scottie Scheffler- World Number 1. Won the 2022 Masters and the only player to win back-to-back The Players Championship 2023-2024!
5. Dustin Johnson-2-time major Winner. US Open-2016 and The Masters-2020
HM-Rory McIlroy-4-time Major Winner including 2-PGA's, a US Open, and a British Open. A Masters win would give him the career Slam!

NikoDuke

Mentor
The following golfers are set to play in The Masters next week, despite being members on The LIV Tour.
Bryson Dechambeau
Sergio Garcia
Tyrell Hatton
Dustin Johnson
Brooks Koepka
Adrian Meronk
Phil Mickelson
Joaquin Niemann
John Rahm-Defending Champion
Patrick Reed
Charl Swartzel
Cameron Smith
Bubba Watson

My top 5 who I would like to see win:
1. Jordan Spieth- 3-time Major Winner including 2015-Masters, 2015- US Open, and 2017-British Open
2. JT Poston-A native of my area of NC- 2-time Tour winner and a phenomenal putter.
3. Phil Mickelson-6-time Major Winner including 3 Masters, 2 PGA's, and a British Open.
4. Scottie Scheffler- World Number 1. Won the 2022 Masters and the only player to win back-to-back The Players Championship 2023-2024!
5. Dustin Johnson-2-time major Winner. US Open-2016 and The Masters-2020
HM-Rory McIlroy-4-time Major Winner including 2-PGA's, a US Open, and a British Open. A Masters win would give him the career Slam!
Great post. I'm excited for the Masters and I have put my top 5 below.
Rory
Phil
Rahm
Nick Taylor
Cam Smith

HM. Scheffler, Fleetwood, Conners, Bryson, Hovland.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Nelly Korda has won five straight LPGA events, tying the all-time record. And while that streak has been taking place, Scottie Scheffler has won four of five PGA events. Fresh off his Masters win, Scheffler won the RBC Heritage, which finished today due to a rain delay on Sunday.

Scheffler's only non-win was a second place finish when he missed a five foot birdie putt that would have forced a playoff otherwise he also might have five straight. To triumph the week following a win in a major is very rare as the major winner is usually worn out physically and mentally, but Scheffler currently is a golfing machine. According to AP, the last golfer to win four out of five was Tiger Woods in 2007. And despite the presence of LIV, Scheffler's last seven wins have come against fields that had eight of the top ten players in the world.

It's been a long time since a White golfer has dominated both men's and women's golf the way Scottie and Nelly currently are. Scheffler has yet to have a round over par in 2024.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Nelly Korda has won five straight LPGA events, tying the all-time record. And while that streak has been taking place, Scottie Scheffler has won four of five PGA events. Fresh off his Masters win, Scheffler won the RBC Heritage, which finished today due to a rain delay on Sunday.

Scheffler's only non-win was a second place finish when he missed a five foot birdie putt that would have forced a playoff otherwise he also might have five straight. To triumph the week following a win in a major is very rare as the major winner is usually worn out physically and mentally, but Scheffler currently is a golfing machine. According to AP, the last golfer to win four out of five was Tiger Woods in 2007. And despite the presence of LIV, Scheffler's last seven wins have come against fields that had eight of the top ten players in the world.

It's been a long time since a White golfer has dominated both men's and women's golf the way Scottie and Nelly currently are. Scheffler has yet to have a round over par in 2024.
Both are incredible. And from the anti-White media it’s mostly crickets.

A close family member mentioned Scheffler’s excellence and how he’s not being properly celebrated. I mentioned Korda too and said they don’t have the ethnic makeup the “liberal media” gets excited over. Another family member chimes in that Tiger would get 10 times the coverage for making a cut. 1st family member goes “they are too white to be lauded”. I wholeheartedly agreed.

People are noticing and perhaps my years of planting seeds are starting to bear fruit.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Both are incredible. And from the anti-White media it’s mostly crickets.

A close family member mentioned Scheffler’s excellence and how he’s not being properly celebrated. I mentioned Korda too and said they don’t have the ethnic makeup the “liberal media” gets excited over. Another family member chimes in that Tiger would get 10 times the coverage for making a cut. 1st family member goes “they are too white to be lauded”. I wholeheartedly agreed.

People are noticing and perhaps my years of planting seeds are starting to bear fruit.
One of the local bird cage liners buried Korda's accomplishment in the wrap-up squibs of various news items at the end of the sports section. And yet this same newspaper like so many others fills its sports pages with "equal" coverage of girls' high school and college sports even though the interest level is obviously far less. So it's feminist (communist) propaganda non-stop, but individual White greatness is always played down when not outright ignored, in every sphere of society not just sports.

And it goes without saying that Scheffler is getting a miniscule fraction of the coverage and acclaim Tiger did when he was winning tournaments regularly. Even now in his physically decrepit state, Woods just making a cut (and subsequently finishing dead last) is worthy of endless breathless coverage compared to what Scotty is doing.