2024 PGA Tour

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
The tour will return to a calendar-year season for the first time in a decade after it transitioned to wraparound schedule in 2013.
The seasons first tournament, The Sentry consists of the 2023 top 50 players in Fedex Cup points and 2023 tournament winners.
Here are the leaders going into the fourth round in Kapalua, Maui:
1. C. Kirk -21
2. A. Bhatia -20
T3. X. Schauffele -19
T3. J. Spieth -19
T3. B. An -19
T6. S. Scheffler -18
Noticeably missing are Rory McIlroy who opted out and defending champion John Rahm who was suspended due to his signing with LIV Golf.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Good write up. I expect Schefller to be dominant this season and I will be watching to see if Thomas bounces back.
Also will be tuning into LIV if I can even find where it is shown..

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Looks like Tennessean Chris Kirk will win The Sentry. The first tournament of the year. His 9th professional win.
1. C. Kirk -29

With my favorite Jordan Spieth alone in third.
3. J. Spieth -27

Scottie Scheffler in a tie for 5th. Along with local favorite JT Poston T-5 from my area of North Carolina.

Spieth is just so close to winning again. He finished with a second and third place in 2023. Hopefully he gets back in the winner's circle soon.

Last edited:

NikoDuke

Mentor
Watched the Dubai Invitational and again Rory folded down the stretch with a series of mental blunders to cost him the win.
He is one of the most perplexing golfers of recent time as all the tools are there but, something intangible is lacking..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
20 year old amateur Nick Dunlap won the American Express tournament this past weekend by one stroke, at an amazing -29 on what was obviously an easy course for scoring. Dunlap becomes the first amateur to win a PGA event since Phil Mickelson did so at the same age in 1991.

I didn't watch any of it but looking at the leaderboard, Scottie Scheffler, Justin Thomas and Xander Schauffele were among the field so while it wasn't a top field it wasn't a weak one either. Dunlap is expected to turn pro shortly. Quite the accomplishment

NikoDuke

Mentor
Nick Dunlap certainly benefited from an easier course but, he showed a lot of talent. A lot of mental toughness for a 20 year to stay focused through this.. will be watching him closely

NikoDuke

Mentor
Tyler Hatton went to Liv for 50 million £. Not clear on the term but, that's another big name golfer who defected and there's talk of Anthony Kim ( out of golf for multiple years) going to LIV as well.. He will be a big draw in Asia if he is still somewhat decent.
Also rumours of the PGA getting a large cash infusion from Mets owner Steve Cohen which may shake up the PGA/LIV merger.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Hatton's not a household name in the U.S. yet but he's definitely an excellent player, currently the 16th ranked player in the world. LIV is getting to be more and more of a threat to the PGA (and the European tour as well) as LIV has a large number of top players now. I've noticed it on the PGA Tour this year as the fields are less impressive than they used to be with so many big names missing and the top players who remain often skipping the less prestigious events.

Anthony Kim? He hasn't played professionally since 2012, pretty much partied his way off the tour if memory serves. Will be interesting to see if he can summon his talent after being away that long. He's still just 38, still a prime age for a pro golfer.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I know everyone here will want to hear this. Tiger Woods will compete in this week's Genesis Open. I just got in from work and they have showed every single shot of the 898th ranked player in the world. He currently sits in a tie for 50th, E in the limited field of 70 golfers. He would be farther down the standings had it been a full field. Even though it's limited there will be a cut. Top 50 and ties, I believe.
1. Cantlay -7
T2 Cam Davis -6
T2 Luke List -6
T4 Spieth -5
T4 Zalatoris -5
T11 JT Poston -3. Local player from my area of the state of N. Carolina.
T48 Woods E

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
I know everyone here will want to hear this. Tiger Woods will compete in this week's Genesis Open. I just got in from work and they have showed every single shot of the 898th ranked player in the world. He currently sits in a tie for 50th, E in the limited field of 70 golfers. He would be farther down the standings had it been a full field. Even though it's limited there will be a cut. Top 50 and ties, I believe.
1. Cantlay -7
T2 Cam Davis -6
T2 Luke List -6
T4 Spieth -5
T4 Zalatoris -5
T11 JT Poston -3. Local player from my area of the state of N. Carolina.
T48 Woods E
Tiger Woods withdrawals from The Genesis Open after falling to 2 over and outside the top 50. Interestingly he started the round with a birdie and then bogeyed 2 of the next 3 holes. Teed off on number 7 and then got in a cart and left. I've seen Woods in the past make it through injury when he's in contention and BATTLE through back spasms, but when he struggles to be in the hunt, he decides to pack it in and go home.
California's Patrick Cantlay has a 3 stroke lead through 13.
1. Cantlay -11
T2 List -8k
T2 Day -8
T2 Hughes -8
T8 Spieth -5
T14 Scheffler -4
T 32 McIlroy -2

Looks like Justin Thomas will miss the cut
T59 +3

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Never fear, the Masters is fast approaching and Golf Channel's Propaganda Minister Rich Lerner and his coven of clapping seal analysts will still orient 98% of the network's coverage to the 48-year-old, 898th ranked player in the world if Woods decides to play at Augusta.

If Jack Nicklaus comes out of retirement at age 84 he might be ranked higher than 898.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Woods pulling out is predictable though this time he claims it's the flu and not his back.. fact is he just can't consistently compete anymore and if it wasn't for the medias fixation on him, he would have gracefully moves on..

Also this tourney further how poor of a putter Scheffler is. His tee to green game is tops in the game but, he can't make putts. Somewhat similar to Rory. Also, good to see Zalatoris in the mix as I had real concerns if he could bounce back from his lengthy absence due to injuries.

Also, the overall leaderboard is quite watered down to the emergence of LIV..

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Woods pulling out is predictable though this time he claims it's the flu and not his back.. fact is he just can't consistently compete anymore and if it wasn't for the medias fixation on him, he would have gracefully moves on..

Also this tourney further how poor of a putter Scheffler is. His tee to green game is tops in the game but, he can't make putts. Somewhat similar to Rory. Also, good to see Zalatoris in the mix as I had real concerns if he could bounce back from his lengthy absence due to injuries.

Rahm's unexpected defection seemed to create a tipping point in favor of LIV. LIV has no TV contract of note in the U.S. and minimal fan interest as of now, but the weaker fields in PGA events is bound to start hurting the Tour soon. Jay Monahan needs to get back to the negotiating table.

NikoDuke

Mentor
Rahm's unexpected defection seemed to create a tipping point in favor of LIV. LIV has no TV contract of note in the U.S. and minimal fan interest as of now, but the weaker fields in PGA events is bound to start hurting the Tour soon. Jay Monahan needs to get back to the negotiating table.
Agreed. The Rahm signing was of key importance. But, as noted it's very difficult to watch LIV live.

A part of me is pleased that the PGA is struggling as it started to get Caste like in its approach to junior golf..

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer

.....and Jordan Spieth is DQ for signing an incorrect scorecard after round 2.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Tiger Woods son Charlie, 15 years old fell short of qualifying for next weeks PGA Tour event. Woods carded a whopping 86, 16 over at Lost Lake Golf Club.
Tiger qualified for his first PGA Tour event at the age of 16.

Freethinker

Hall of Famer
Tiger Woods son Charlie, 15 years old fell short of qualifying for next weeks PGA Tour event. Woods carded a whopping 86, 16 over at Lost Lake Golf Club.
Tiger qualified for his first PGA Tour event at the age of 16.
Guess we know who Rabbi Lerner and his ilk will be getting “tingles up their legs” from going forward. Since their hero Papa Woods is a broken down has-been, looks like they are going to tie their cart to the son. I did one search of “Charlie Woods” and found this as the top result.

https://www.si.com/golf/2024/02/26/...een-given-sponsor-exemption-cognizant-classic

Just give him a spot, despite finishing 3rd to last! He’s creates a “buzz”. What demented sycophants these media pundits are.

jphoss

Mentor
These people are psychopaths. This 15 year old kid clearly isn’t ready and flaming out in such a public fashion could wreck the kid, not just for golf but overall. Wanting to see that happen for “buzz” is talmudic malice

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Since Tiger is just 1/4 Black, but celebrated by the worshiping corporate media as if he's a full-blooded Negro, and his son's mother is White, that makes Charlie Woods approximately 5/8 White, 1/4 Asian, and 1/8 Black. But in the highly unlikely event he does well as a pro, guess what he'll be labeled as.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Since Tiger is just 1/4 Black, but celebrated by the worshiping corporate media as if he's a full-blooded Negro, and his son's mother is White, that makes Charlie Woods approximately 5/8 White, 1/4 Asian, and 1/8 Black. But in the highly unlikely event he does well as a pro, guess what he'll be labeled as.

Yeah that 1 drop Rule in America. Just have a little in you and they make you out to be the next great one. Just like with Steph in the NBA
and with Mahomes in the NFL. The Tiger Son Worship will be endless. Just like in most sports we always have the MUTE BUTTON.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that 1 drop Rule in America. Just have a little in you and they make you out to be the next great one. Just like with Steph in the NBA
and with Mahomes in the NFL. The Tiger Son Worship will be endless. Just like in most sports we always have the MUTE BUTTON.
Much as the media cucks and weirdos will be rooting for him, Tiger's son won't amount to anything as a professional golfer. He'll be forgotten soon enough.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
World number one Scottie Scheffler cruises to a win at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, winning it for the second time in three years. He beat a strong field that contained most of the top players who aren't with LIV.

Next week the heart of the golf season begins with The Players, the unofficial "fifth major," where Scheffler will try to defend his championship there. No one has ever won The Players back to back.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
World number one Scottie Scheffler cruises to a win at the Arnold Palmer Invitational, winning it for the second time in three years. He beat a strong field that contained most of the top players who aren't with LIV.

Next week the heart of the golf season begins with The Players, the unofficial "fifth major," where Scheffler will try to defend his championship there. No one has ever won The Players back to back.
The Players is in round 2 and my local guy JT Poston is making a move. He sits in a T-1 through 7 at -7.

T1- JT Poston -7
T1- Fitzpatrick -7
T1 Schmid -7
T1 W. Clark -7
T1 Schauffele -7
T1 McIlroy -7

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Reigning U.S. Open champ Wyndham Clark now at a rather spectacular -14 after two rounds. Many others still on the course.

Don Wassall

Administrator
Staff member
Going into the final round, Xander Schauffele leads at -17, one shot ahead of Wyndham Clark. Reigning British Open champ Brian Harmon is two back at -15. 2022 U.S. Open champ Matt Fitzpatrick is -13, while Scottie Scheffler is lurking at -12. Three other players are within a half dozen shots so it should be an exciting final round.