2024 Indoor Season

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Doom anchored Belgium to the gold medal in the 4x400m relay at the World Indoor Championships.
Their team was made up of 4 white guys from a small country. That tells you something.

Matthew Boling ran the 2nd leg for the USA, and brings home a silver medal.

Last edited:

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Meanwhile, the Dutch women with Lieke Klaver and Femke Bol win the 4x400m relay over the USA.
Good work by these northern European countries.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Alexander Doom (love that name) ran a 46.06 indoors in 2023. His 45.25 in Glasgow cuts .81 off of that. His best outdoor 400 is 44.92. If he could cut that .81 off of that, he'd be up there with the big boys. He is 26 years old now, so he really needs to cash in this coming outdoor season and get himself a great PB.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Sydney Willits of Iowa State and Claire Bryant of Florida, took 1st and 2nd at the NCAA Women's Indoor Championships.
Both of these young ladies jumped over 22 feet!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Kalen Walker got 2nd at the NCAA Division 1 Indoor 60 at 6.59.

Kalen Walker has run 6.51 twice this year with other runs in 6.55 range. It's a shame he didn't run like usual today but for him to be the 2nd
fastest indoor sprinter in all of the NCAA Colleges over 60 Meters is still great. Excited to see what he can do outdoors in the next few months. Hoping he can smash is 100 meters personal best time!

sprintstar

Mentor
so essentially Boiling ran faster than Lyles and only 3 ran faster splits than Boling.....still 45.63 is not that great a time....he needs to focus on the 100/200m using the 400m training as a base....

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I think Boling will continue to focus on the 400m this year, in hopes of making the relay for the Paris Olympics.
I don't think you can blame for taking this route. Getting an Olympic medal is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
After this Olympic year, I expect him to drop down to the 200m going forward.

mastermulti

Master
I think Boling will continue to focus on the 400m this year, in hopes of making the relay for the Paris Olympics.
I don't think you can blame for taking this route. Getting an Olympic medal is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
After this Olympic year, I expect him to drop down to the 200m going forward.
yes, this is the only route he can take. He's proven to be a good relay team member and to an extent this takes the pressure off being an individual with all eyes focused on him

Texas Flash

yes, this is the only route he can take. He's proven to be a good relay team member and to an extent this takes the pressure off being an individual with all eyes focused on him
Agreed. I want to see Boling Run the 100m and 200m races and abandon the 400m. However, it doesnt make sense right now. Its an Olympic year and he is nowhere near competitive in the 100m so that relay team is most likely out. The 200m is maybe the most competitive event for the US men's team. Whereas the 400m is not very competitive on the men's side. He can make that relay team and maybe even the individual.

The first year as a pro after the college scene is often a hard transition. Boling needs to build some momentum. Make the Olympic Team. That should be goal number one and right now the 400m is his best bet. Next year he can start cutting the distances back down again.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Agreed. I want to see Boling Run the 100m and 200m races and abandon the 400m. However, it doesnt make sense right now. Its an Olympic year and he is nowhere near competitive in the 100m so that relay team is most likely out. The 200m is maybe the most competitive event for the US men's team. Whereas the 400m is not very competitive on the men's side. He can make that relay team and maybe even the individual.

The first year as a pro after the college scene is often a hard transition. Boling needs to build some momentum. Make the Olympic Team. That should be goal number one and right now the 400m is his best bet. Next year he can start cutting the distances back down again.

Does anyone here actually believe he will ever run the 100 again? I would be willing to bet he never will. I can see him running some 200
meters races but even that is probably gonna be few and far between. America does not want white sprinters period! He could go back
to the 100 and 200 meters but he would have to fight his publicity agents, managers and handlers around him. I honestly believe that
he will never run the 100 ever again. What a shame as he went sub 10 wind legal as a junior at Georgia. He did this with an average
start and bad mechanics. If he had a proper sprints coach for the 100 he could run in the 9.80's with time and probably 9.70's before
his career was over. Sadly track fans will never see this happen in my honest opinion.

I wish America supported Matthew Boling the same way Russia supports Konstantin Krylov!!!

white lightning

Hall of Famer
A few more points about Boling that people forget. He ran a wind legal time of 10.11 +0.5 at only 19 years of age! He ran a windy
100 meters time of 9.98 in high school which is the fastest time under any conditions for a high school kid ever.

If this kid would have only ran the 100 & 200 meters with better coaching all through college who knows just how fast his personal best
times in the 100 meters would be. It would be alot faster than his wind legal 9.98! It's such a sad situation what has been done to the
kid. He had Lemaitre Talent and they turned him into a friggin relay runner. Pathetic, Stupid and it makes me so flipping angry!

I don't buy the TEAM GUY for racking points for his team. This doesn't happen to black prodigy sprinters. Only to white sprinters. The
kid was run into the ground for 4 years in college running every event known to man. He had the worst coaching because he
was mainly a work horse in as many events as possible to make his coach's look good but hold back his career.

The man has Two of the fastest indoor 200 meters of all time and he ran a 19.92 outdoors into a strong negative wind. So yeah let's just
move him to the 400 and let him run relays at best. What a slap in the face olympic medal or not. No one cares who runs the relays. He
will be quickly forgotten when his career is over and very few if any will ever remember him.

Sorry guys but I just hold this in most of the time. It needs to be said.

Last edited:

Warhawk_46

Master
Does anyone here actually believe he will ever run the 100 again? I would be willing to bet he never will. I can see him running some 200
meters races but even that is probably gonna be few and far between. America does not want white sprinters period! He could go back
to the 100 and 200 meters but he would have to fight his publicity agents, managers and handlers around him. I honestly believe that
he will never run the 100 ever again. What a shame as he went sub 10 wind legal as a junior at Georgia. He did this with an average
start and bad mechanics. If he had a proper sprints coach for the 100 he could run in the 9.80's with time and probably 9.70's before
his career was over. Sadly track fans will never see this happen in my honest opinion.

I wish America supported Matthew Boling the same way Russia supports Konstantin Krylov!!!
I’m with you on this. It has been very clear to me that his career has been sabotaged, by mistake or on purpose.

freedom1

Mentor
It's heartbreaking. Drug free sprint careers are relatively short, so we probably will not see the greatest American sprinter so far reach his anywhere near his potential in the 100 meters. I love Cole Beck, but there is no way he should have a better PB than Matthew.

One good thing is that the system was trying to force him into the 400 when he was in high school, but he still was able to break through for a little bit and reveal some truth.

Texas Flash

A few more points about Boling that people forget. He ran a wind legal time of 10.11 +0.5 at only 19 years of age! He ran a windy
100 meters time of 9.98 in high school which is the fastest time under any conditions for a high school kid ever.

If this kid would have only ran the 100 & 200 meters with better coaching all through college who knows just how fast his personal best
times in the 100 meters would be. It would be alot faster than his wind legal 9.98! It's such a sad situation what has been done to the
kid. He had Lemaitre Talent and they turned him into a friggin relay runner. Pathetic, Stupid and it makes me so flipping angry!

I don't buy the TEAM GUY for racking points for his team. This doesn't happen to black prodigy sprinters. Only to white sprinters. The
kid was run into the ground for 4 years in college running every event known to man. He had the worst coaching because he
was mainly a work horse in as many events as possible to make his coach's look good but hold back his career.

The man has Two of the fastest indoor 200 meters of all time and he ran a 19.92 outdoors into a strong negative wind. So yeah let's just
move him to the 400 and let him run relays at best. What a slap in the face olympic medal or not. No one cares who runs the relays. He
will be quickly forgotten when his career is over and very few if any will ever remember him.

Sorry guys but I just hold this in most of the time. It needs to be said.
I agree that considering what he accomplished as a high school track prodigy Boling has definitely underperformed. So this begs the question why. In truth, and to keep this fair, track is an impossibly difficult sport and there are tons of very talented guys that fall short. Many of whom are black. So its not uncommon. That being said, some of the biggest reasons for failure are: lack of personal motivation, lack of personal dedication, lack of a family support system, lack of facilities, lack of finances, serious or continual injuries. Boling has had none of these issues.

So then why is it? Not actually talented enough? I dont think anyone believes that. Perhaps lack of proper training for him and ineffective coaching? Probably. Having to push through psychological barriers after hitting barriers? Probably. Having to deal with the extra pressure of being white when the system doesnt support that? Definitely. Having to fight against unseen ESG forces? I would say so as well. That's a lot to deal with, and it may be possible that he doesnt ever run the sprints competitively again. He does seem a bit fragile and he is a product of his generation. How tough is he really??

But at this point, for where he is, I would say the clear fact is that the 400m is the right choice for this year for his career as a whole. I hope he makes the olympic team, wins some hardware, and then goes back to the sprints next year. I believe the 100m and 200m are his best events. He has a coach who knows how to prepare for that. We've seen it with Kerley and its hard to imagine that wasnt part of his decision in selecting Francique. I am hopeful that he does still run the 100m in the future, but it would be naive to think that he isnt going to have to battle on some levels to see that happen. he'll have to prove himself again.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
17 year old Aillxier Wumaier of China, set a National Record in the 400m with a time of 45.79. Fantastic time for a 17 year old.
He looks like he may be part white.
Here's his race:

Logos5

Guru
17 year old Aillxier Wumaier of China, set a National Record in the 400m with a time of 45.79. Fantastic time for a 17 year old.
He looks like he may be part white.
Here's his race:
I've heard the CCP party put extreme amount of resources and money into making and training their athletes by whatever means possible, and it's starting to show with them nearly winning the Olympics last year.

wish whites could also have dedicated training regimen just for themselves like the Chinese do

mastermulti

Master
Doom anchored Belgium to the gold medal in the 4x400m relay at the World Indoor Championships.
Their team was made up of 4 white guys from a small country. That tells you something.

Matthew Boling ran the 2nd leg for the USA, and brings home a silver medal.
their father Jacques Borlee was born in the Belgian Congo. A photo of him would seem to indicate there is more than French in his genetics

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Based on this photo and information, I would disagree.
Also there was only one Borlee brother on this relay team.

Last edited:

mastermulti

Master
Based on this photo and information, I would disagree
yes sure, but it doesn't cover genealogy in any detail.
France obtained Congo jurisdiction in the 1880s so who knows what went on. Only the Borlees know their family tree I guess

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
But looking at the photo, I don't see anything that indicates any African heritage, as you imply.
His nose is high and sharp. If anything, he looks somewhat Jewish.
And I don't think his father would have been a Belgian governor in the Congo, if he were part black.

Anyway, there was only one Borlee brother on Belgium's winning 4x400m relay team.