2024 Indoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
In addition to the US Indoor Champs, most if not all of the European Countries are all having Indoor Nat'l. Champs this weekend too!
One that really interests me is the Polish National Champs. The German and United Kingdom Champs are usually pretty good along
with a few others. Hoping Juiian Reus doesn't lose his 60 meters nat'l record unless we have one of our guys but most of the german
sprinters are not in good form. Would love to see Coby Hilton throw down a 6.40's time in the US Champs.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Trey Cunningham wins the 60m hurdles at the US Championships, in a great time of 7.39.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Trey Cunningham wins the 60m hurdles at the US Championships, in a great time of 7.39.

This is really great! Hoping he can regain his outdoor form of two years ago. He has sub 13 ability and I would like to see him join that
very elite club along with making the medal stand in Paris at the 2024 Olympics!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer
i’ll take a glass-half-full perspective. Boling’s versatility is one of his greatest strengths, and we’re seeing that on display. if you’ll recall, he set his phenomenal numbers in high school in the 100m while training as a 400m guy. maybe that will apply moving forward?

to be fair, however, the 400m is my favorite race, so i’m VERY excited to see several young White men competing for the US. it’s been a looooooong time since Jeremy Wariner.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jan Volko ran a 6.61 today. His lifetime p.b. is 6.55 & those days are likely over but still a nice result.

We had a sweep in the German Champs with both the men and the women in the 60 meters. Kevin Kranz won the
mens national title for the second time with Aleksandr Askovic finishing 2nd.

Oliwer Wdowik won the Polish Nat'l Champs but both Kopec and Zakrzewski didn't compete. Still happy for the young man. Tommorow
will be the 200 heats and finals. Marek Zakrzewski is entered and I expect him to break his indoor p.b. again!

In the UK Champs Andrew Robertson finished 2nd in the 60 meters. Sadly Adam Thomas was disqualified.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I guess this already happened earlier as I just watched Cunningham win in 7.39 on NBC?

Yes sadly NBC airs it tape delayed. Still better than nothing. It's best to not see the results ahead of time. Glad you got to enjoy
it without knowing who would win.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Yes sadly NBC airs it tape delayed. Still better than nothing. It's best to not see the results ahead of time. Glad you got to enjoy
it without knowing who would win.
Ok. Is there any other event I need to look out for? I am also trying to watch the UCONN/Marquette BB game. Never thought I'd be a UCONN fan, but I'm liking what they display on the court. I'm hating it for Marquett's Kolek. He's having a tough game.

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
Ok. Is there any other event I need to look out for? I am also trying to watch the UCONN/Marquette BB game. Never thought I'd be a UCONN fan, but I'm liking what they display on the court. I'm hating it for Marquett's Kolek. He's having a tough game.
An easy on the eyes Allie Wilson wins the 800m!

Carolina Speed

Hall of Famer
D@%#! just watched Boling fade down the stretch to fifth in the 400! Where is his career going?

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Matthew Boling gets destroyed and finishes 2nd to last. I hope this happens alot this year until he wakes up and goes back to the
100 and 200 meters. Sadly most people in the world can't name any track athletes unless they are in the 100 meters.

I've always said Boling can be good but he will never win medals in the 400 meters. He does not fit the body type in my opinion. He is
built for pure speed over shorter distances. He is the only american born white sprinter to ever go sub 10 and sub 20 wind legal and he
did it in college with bad coaching. The potential is in those events. Wake up Matthew Boling. Quit listening to idiots advising you!

icsept

Master
i’ll take a glass-half-full perspective. Boling’s versatility is one of his greatest strengths, and we’re seeing that on display. if you’ll recall, he set his phenomenal numbers in high school in the 100m while training as a 400m guy. maybe that will apply moving forward?

to be fair, however, the 400m is my favorite race, so i’m VERY excited to see several young White men competing for the US. it’s been a looooooong time since Jeremy Wariner.
I need Boling’s coach’s emai address. Since he’s a sub 10 second hundred meter guy, just imagine how fast he’d be in a marathon!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I don't think you can fault Boling for running the 400m at the US Championships.
He had a much, much better chance to make the team for the World Indoor Championships in the 400m than in the 60m.
(The 200m is not run at the World Championships.)
So the 400m was almost a no-brainer.
I'm sure he felt he could place in the top 2 and make the team, but of course he didn't.
Meanwhile, I think we will see him running the 200m outdoors later this year.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Coby Hilton and Sam Blaskowski are in the 60m heats tomorrow.
Well Coby and Sam both finished out of the qualifiers for the final.
Sam ran a pretty good race, but Coby was disappointing.
He had a terrible start, but fought his way back, and then let up a few strides from the finish.
If he had run through the tape he might have very well made the finals as one of the fastest qualifiers. It was a big mistake to let up - he should know better.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't think you can fault Boling for running the 400m at the US Championships.
He had a much, much better chance to make the team for the World Indoor Championships in the 400m than in the 60m.
(The 200m is not run at the World Championships.)
So the 400m was almost a no-brainer.
I'm sure he felt he could place in the top 2 and make the team, but of course he didn't.
Meanwhile, I think we will see him running the 200m outdoors later this year.

Boling ran in the 6.50's with bad coaching. In his p.b. in the 60 he was dead last out of the blocks and down by a mile yet some how
ran down everyone to win back at Georgia. His talent has not been developed much at all. Then the swiss army knife good at many things but master at none doesn't work at most levels and especially not in the pros.

I could name 5 to 10 sprint coach's that would have had Boling running in the mid to high 6.40's by now. We never saw what he was capable
of but I'm preaching to the choir. It doesn't matter since the 400 is his love and he does very little to no short sprint training or racing. Yes he may run a couple of 200's if he is lucky. They will move him up to the 800 next. His career is quite possibly destroyed by bad coaching and advisors.

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Boling should consider running marathons. With his sub 10 speed, he’ll lap everybody.

Look what they have done to Mac McClung in Basketball, Max Borgi in Football. Anything to keep our guys down!

Hoping someone in Bolings Family will tell him to give up the 400 forever. Go back to the 100 and 200 meters. Change
up the training back to explosive plyometric training.

mastermulti

Master
Klaver got an indoor PB 50.10 for second place.
yes, and that's the 9th fastest all-time.
Femke Bol rightly gets the spotlight but Klaver is gradually sneaking closer. The Dutch could have a beautiful 4 x 400m in Paris if 2 of the other 4 reasonable team members get into PB shape

sprintstar

Mentor
This comment from Swoboda made me stop and really wonder...

"“I love to run with Sha’Carri,” smiles Swoboda. “Sha’Carri is a gorgeous girl, and her energy is welcome and it’s nice to be a part of this little family.”

Hmmm is this black worship or is Swoboda batting for the other team... I have always thought she is partial to women...just my thoughts...

Still love her as a sprinter!