2024 Indoor Season

white lightning

Hall of Famer
I don't follow sprinting much - do our guys tend to do better on the 60m distance compared to 100m?

Yes without a doubt our sprinters do better over the 60 meters on average. We have had 3 of our guys win major indoor title gold medals.
The world record in the womens 60 meters is still held by a white female sprinter.

Last edited:

FootballDad

Hall of Famer
I don't follow sprinting much - do our guys tend to do better on the 60m distance compared to 100m?
I don't really follow sprinting at all besides what is posted here by the intrepid CF members. Gotta admit that my favorite posts are the ones featuring the gals. Nothing more attractive than a fit runner.
1706825047194.png

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Polish Sprinter Dominik Kopec ran a 6.59 today to win the 60 meters in Germany. For early in the season we have alot of
european sprinters in the 6.50's range now. Great to see as they should get faster over the next month or two.

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Polish Sprinter Dominik Kopec ran a 6.59 today to win the 60 meters in Germany. For early in the season we have alot of
european sprinters in the 6.50's range now. Great to see as they should get faster over the next month or two.
He ran a 6.53 indoors last year and then followed it up with a 10.05 with only +0.1 wind outdoors. He could very easily break 10 seconds this year, especially with the Olympics coming up!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
New name to follow: Antoine Thoraval. 22 yr old sprinter from France.
Recently set a new PB of 6.60. That makes him 6th best French of all-time at that distance.
Looks like a pocket rocket. It will be interesting to see how much he can lower his 100m PB (10.32) this season.
Thoraval followed up his 6.60, with a 6.62 in the heats today at a meet in France.
Unfortunately he didn't do as well in the final, coming in 6th in 6.66.
Also running were the Brits - Morgan-Harrison, Andrew Robertson, and Adam Thomas.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 5.54.48 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2024-02-02 at 5.54.48 PM.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
Not sure if he's been mentioned here before, but Asier Martinez of Spain ran a 7.49 60m hurdles last Sunday. His previous best was 7.55 so a good improvement for him!

Here's the race:

SneakyQuick

Mentor
The only white guy in the race, and he manages to win it. I’ve gotta think that if more white kids sprinted the fields would be more balanced. Nice find

white lightning

Hall of Famer
At the 2024 Folksam Meet today in Sweden we saw 2 young teenage sprinters that will be having quite the rivarly for a very long time.
Both of these sprinters are only 18 years of age so they are still maturing alot. Despite their age they are both very fast.

Adas Dambrauskas of Lithuania and Marek Zakrzewski of Poland. Dambrauskas won today finishing in a time of 6.66 while Zakrzewski
came in to finish close at a 6.68 which is a new personal best for him. It will be fun to watch these guys battle each other over the next
decade plus. Very talented guys that have a very good chance to be world class sprinters in the future!

Last edited:

white lightning

Hall of Famer

femke-bol__800x420.jpg

Femke Bol Dominates at Meeting Metz Moselle with a World-Leading Performance​

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Not sure if he's been mentioned here before, but Asier Martinez of Spain ran a 7.49 60m hurdles last Sunday. His previous best was 7.55 so a good improvement for him!

Here's the race:
Jakub Syzmanski of Poland topped Martinez's performance, running a WL time of 7.47 in Germany today. It's also a National Record.
Martinez was in the race, but DQ'd. Assume it was a false start.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
Jakub Syzmanski of Poland topped Martinez's performance, running a WL time of 7.47 in Germany today. It's also a National Record.

That's a great break through performance for Jakub Syzmanski. Hope it will translate to outdoors this summer if he can carry that speed longer.

Poland has 4 guys in the sub 21.00 second in the indoor 200 meters and they are very young. This is what more white sprinters need to do. Double up more as the 200 meters helps sprinters to really finish those 100 meters with ease! It's all about that speed endurance.

Over in Russia today Konstantin Krylov ran a 6.64 and Kristina Makarenko a 7.16!

In Germany Kevin Kranz ran a time of 6.61 to finish 2nd today. He has run 6.59 this year but most of the german sprinters are
not in good form.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
Syzmanski took the WL from Martinez, and now Trey Cunningham of the US, takes the WL from Syzmanski!
7.44 in the heats in Boston.
Wow, the hurdles are hot right now!!

Jimmy Chitwood

Hall of Famer

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I saw the race online, and noticed him, but didn't really know who he was.
Thanks for the update.

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
At the same meet on the men's side, Oliwer Wadowik of Poland ran 6.60 for 2nd place. And some other names to note following him.

2WDOWIK OliwerPOLAND6.60=PB
3HIGASHIDA AkihiroJAPAN6.61
4KILTY RichardGREAT BRITAIN6.61SB
5KRANZ KevinGERMANY6.63
6HANSEN SimonDENMARK6.67
7VOLKO JanSLOVAKIA6.71

NWsoccerfan

Mentor
I've noticed Jan Volko's times are pretty slow. Hopefully this is just an indication that he's aiming to peak for the summer season and not some other issue!

jacknyc

Hall of Famer
I've noticed Jan Volko's times are pretty slow. Hopefully this is just an indication that he's aiming to peak for the summer season and not some other issue!
The same could also be said for Samuele Ceccarelli.

white lightning

Hall of Famer
At the same meet on the men's side, Oliwer Wadowik of Poland ran 6.60 for 2nd place. And some other names to note following him.

2WDOWIK OliwerPOLAND6.60=PB
3HIGASHIDA AkihiroJAPAN6.61
4KILTY RichardGREAT BRITAIN6.61SB
5KRANZ KevinGERMANY6.63
6HANSEN SimonDENMARK6.67
7VOLKO JanSLOVAKIA6.71

Oliwer Wdowik is becoming another Polish Sprinter to keep a close eye on this summer. We already have Dominik Kopec
and Marek Zakrzewski. they have alot of young guys getting close to this kind of level. The future just may be really
bright for Poland with stars like Kopec and Swoboda inspiring the next generation!

sprintstar

Mentor
I really love to watch Swobda sprint, I do not like all the tattoos but its her body, the one thing she needs to change is the look of "I won? who me? Either she is in shock when she wins or sets a new PB or she is a bit of a limelight hound. Either way that part grows thin....